NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2022, 05:46 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
They are explaining to me that I can't ask graded card prices if my card isn't graded. I was like....how else are you supposed to determine condition?? I just think they want me to sell my NM cards are VG prices. That just isn't happening.
They're absolutely right. If you're asking for graded card prices for raw cards, well, you're acting like a newb, to be blunt. So, yeah, I can absolutely see why they would say that.

Has nothing to do with wanting you to sell NM cards for VG prices. Fact is, graded cards are worth more than raw. If you want graded card prices, you have to be selling graded cards. Other than that, look up comps on Ebay and see what cards are selling for there and price accordingly.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:15 PM
�tis J�hns�n

There are good groups and a lot not so good. I will say I've made some great virtual friends in some of the groups. And I've bought a few vintage cards at very fair prices.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:17 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
They're absolutely right. If you're asking for graded card prices for raw cards, well, you're acting like a newb, to be blunt. So, yeah, I can absolutely see why they would say that.

Has nothing to do with wanting you to sell NM cards for VG prices. Fact is, graded cards are worth more than raw. If you want graded card prices, you have to be selling graded cards. Other than that, look up comps on Ebay and see what cards are selling for there and price accordingly.
Well...they were trying to show me a card that sold for $40 with a chewed up corner. I was like, you can't even compare the two. You and I both know all PSA 1's are not created equal.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:30 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Well...they were trying to show me a card that sold for $40 with a chewed up corner. I was like, you can't even compare the two. You and I both know all PSA 1's are not created equal.
It is your card, and you have the right to sell it for what you want. Just like they have the right not to buy it. Tell them that.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:48 PM
Steven Finley

I can’t say anything about Facebook because honestly I made a profile one night about 15 years ago in college and never logged back in. But...

*I’ve never had a deal go south here and from my experience if it’s fairly market priced it will sell here.

*On Blowout expect to only get ~85% of market for modern (and expect plenty of offers in the 50%-60% range) but vintage sells fairly quickly at honest prices because they don’t see much there. Put it in the main baseball section, not vintage, most people don’t check there often.

*I joined the Reddit “baseballcards” sub about 6 months ago and have probably done 50 transactions in the time. Haven’t had an issue. Same with Blowout, vintage doesn’t pop up often so buyers often gobble it up quickly if priced fairly.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:51 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Just like some people can't get out of their head buying at 1998 ebay prices, you can't be asking for 2022 graded prices either. Common sense.

And a lot of times I scan cards that literally aren't worth the time it takes (usually as a 'representation' of a lot), because I wouldn't buy based on a blurry pic and somebody's interpretation of mint. eBay is littered with that stuff, but most FB groups will call you out or you'll just get ignored. Because they can.

Don't be *that guy* at the flea market pricing 1986 commons @ $1.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:32 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Then respond with sold prices of comparable cards on ebay and be done with it.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:37 PM
James M.

I cannot speak for the selling portion of the hobby on facebook, but as someone that has purchased cards off of various facebook groups, I'd be happy to send you a pm with a detailed list of what groups to join.

That being said, I can say that the times I've purchased through facebook card groups, in most cases, it was from people that were actually members on this site. But I'd be more than happy to provide facebook profiles if asked, privately.

I definitely do see a place for it, and have had good experiences, but some sellers are overpriced, IMO and I would rather deal with the people, here on net54.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:47 PM

Default Leon

BST is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!