NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I’m sure they do.
if there are, guaranteed you’d find them to complain how you missed a noon auction because you were stuck on the subway. stupid art auctions.

also, I’m sure you know this because you seem so familiar with Christies and the like, but for those who don’t, in your apples to oranges comparison of $500 million art auctions to REA and others, most of the bidders hire agents to do their bidding, paying them one or two percent of what they spend to handle their bidding. so the time of the auctions are pretty much irrelevant in terms of convenience for the buyers.

Last edited by RedsFan1941; 05-04-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:39 PM
je.sse @rnot

I think the worst aspect of the auction is the fact that initial bids are cutoff at 9 am pst on the final day. That seems way too early as a bidder who often visits an auction website the final day. The late close doesnt bother me. If you want to go to bed early just put in your max bid before you do so.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 05-04-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I think the worst aspect of the auction is the fact that initial bids are cutoff at 9 am pst on the final day. That seems way too early as a bidder who often visits an auction website the final day. The late close doesnt bother me. If you want to go to bed early just put in your max bid before you do so.
+1

I missed some stuff I wanted to bid on during the Fall auction because I didn’t realize the initial bidding session would end so early here in AZ. I learned my lesson and put all my initial bids in early this time around.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)

Last edited by h2oya311; 05-04-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Now that's something they may hate you for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
REA ends on the 6th
Mothers Day is on the 13th
Not remembering which day is Mother's Day
Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Howard Chasser

Default This happened to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Another marriage saved. What would have been funny/sad is if the weekend passed and he didn't look at the auction and found out it closed a week earlier than he thought....

It was actually a day not a week! I thought it closed on Sunday and it had closed on Saturday - I logged in Sunday to place bids and start doing battle, and was met with " bidding closed" on every lot! It was an auction that had some key items I would have placed strong bids on! It took me weeks to psychologically recover from that!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Scott Russell

How crazy would it be to run an online auction closing like a live auction? Item 1 is scheduled to "close" at XX:XX but will remain open until there is no bid for 60 seconds, then on to lot 2.

Probably wouldn't work on an auction of 2700 items, but it would most closely mimic a "real" auction.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Dar.ius Hou.seal

Default Why not have a set time and why not allow snipes

Look, i may be a bit slow, but I don't understand why an auction house would NOT specify an end time and/or not allow snipes, other than to maximize price. I get it from a business perspective (on the surface at least), but I think that line of thinking is shortsighted. In my opinion, REA’s auction format will realize less than the maximum prices for certain individual items chased by a few people and in the long run hurt the auction house as a whole.

By not having an end time to an auction, it allows your bid to be shilled. Everyone hates to say it, but it does happen. Some people say just bid what you want to pay and don’t think about it. However, some people, including myself, have disposable income, but do not want to be cheated out of our hard-earned money. The fact that I can be shilled in this format puts a real bad taste in my mouth and I’m having a real tough time with it because there are some items that I hardly ever see, but I just refuse to be taken advantage of (unless I know it). That’s right. I don’t mind overpaying…but being cheated to overpaying…that’s a whole other matter in my opinion. Call it Texas Pride or whatever you call it where you are from. It’s why I don’t bid on a lot of ebay auctions or other auction houses. It sucks, but I’m completely fine with not having that card I always wanted if it means that the price I end up paying was influenced by an unknown and unwanted variable. I waited for years to get a 1980 Topps coin, but I recently was lucky enough to purchase a 1980 Topps coin (one on ebay -- buy it now)…I likely overpaid, but I can live with it because I decided what to pay and not some shill bidder.

Not having snipes is the other thing that I don’t like. At least I don’t know how to snipe the auctions….maybe I can pay someone to write a program…ugh the time and hassle. Why not allow it? I guess I’m fine with not having snipes, but only if the auctions were staggered with real end times. But since they are not, it forces me to face my first issue. Leaving a bid out there that can be shilled.

I’m really struggling with this one as there are a lot of items that I would like to bid on, but finding it hard to put myself out there to be screwed. Anyhow, that’s how I feel and just to be crystal clear, I am in no way saying REA is shilling their auctions or doing anything underhanded. I just happen to think the current format lends itself to abuse and I cannot get comfortable with it. The items in their auction are truly incredible and wish I could partake.

Last edited by dariushou; 05-04-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:12 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
REA ends on the 6th
Mothers Day is on the 13th
You just made my weekend!!! I'm not sure why I had this Sunday pegged as Mothers Day, but now I'm off the hook!!!
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You should focus on card shows to buy. You won't get shilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariushou View Post
Look, i may be a bit slow, but I don't understand why an auction house would NOT specify an end time and/or not allow snipes, other than to maximize price. I get it from a business perspective (on the surface at least), but I think that line of thinking is shortsighted. In my opinion, REA’s auction format will realize less than the maximum prices for certain individual items chased by a few people and in the long run hurt the auction house as a whole.

By not having an end time to an auction, it allows your bid to be shilled. Everyone hates to say it, but it does happen. Some people say just bid what you want to pay and don’t think about it. However, some people, including myself, have disposable income, but do not want to be cheated out of our hard-earned money. The fact that I can be shilled in this format puts a real bad taste in my mouth and I’m having a real tough time with it because there are some items that I hardly ever see, but I just refuse to be taken advantage of (unless I know it). That’s right. I don’t mind overpaying…but being cheated to overpaying…that’s a whole other matter in my opinion. Call it Texas Pride or whatever you call it where you are from. It’s why I don’t bid on a lot of ebay auctions or other auction houses. It sucks, but I’m completely fine with not having that card I always wanted if it means that the price I end up paying was influenced by an unknown and unwanted variable. I waited for years to get a 1980 Topps coin, but I recently was lucky enough to purchase a 1980 Topps coin (one on ebay -- buy it now)…I likely overpaid, but I can live with it because I decided what to pay and not some shill bidder.

Not having snipes is the other thing that I don’t like. At least I don’t know how to snipe the auctions….maybe I can pay someone to write a program…ugh the time and hassle. Why not allow it? I guess I’m fine with not having snipes, but only if the auctions were staggered with real end times. But since they are not, it forces me to face my first issue. Leaving a bid out there that can be shilled.

I’m really struggling with this one as there are a lot of items that I would like to bid on, but finding it hard to put myself out there to be screwed. Anyhow, that’s how I feel and just to be crystal clear, I am in no way saying REA is shilling their auctions or doing anything underhanded. I just happen to think the current format lends itself to abuse and I cannot get comfortable with it. The items in their auction are truly incredible and wish I could partake.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:32 AM
Glyn Parson

Why would how an auction ends have any impact on shilling. This is one of the dumber posts I have read recently. By this logic of a hard end time having less shilling would mean the eBay platform is less ripe for such an activity and we all know that is not true. Also worrying about Brian, Michael and team shilling shows me you don’t know these people as they are some of the most honest I have encountered. Not just in the hobby but in life. Like Brian has stated they actually researched these issues many of you are just guessing and supposing against actually researched information. You have got to love America in 2018 everyone with a keyboard and an opinion has become an expert (in their own mind of course).
Old 05-06-2018, 04:02 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Why would how an auction ends have any impact on shilling. This is one of the dumber posts I have read recently. By this logic of a hard end time having less shilling would mean the eBay platform is less ripe for such an activity and we all know that is not true. Also worrying about Brian, Michael and team shilling shows me you don’t know these people as they are some of the most honest I have encountered. Not just in the hobby but in life. Like Brian has stated they actually researched these issues many of you are just guessing and supposing against actually researched information. You have got to love America in 2018 everyone with a keyboard and an opinion has become an expert (in their own mind of course).
One of the things that I really like about Net54 is that Leon requires our names in our posts if we express an opinion. I hate that the internet has made it so easy for people to run their mouths, insult, criticize, and just be jerks, all while remaining anonymous. The Founding Fathers gave us free speech as a cornerstone of our democracy, but they never intended speech without consequences.

Sorry to go so far off topic, it's just a pet peeve of mine.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
I think there is a different right answer for different bidders. If you have qualifying bids in on thirty lots but can only afford five, then the “everything closes at once” format works better because you can move the money around. If you have only one or two lots you really want, then the “lot by lot” closing method works better since you can have your war, be done, and go to sleep.
+1

And of course there is only one answer for consignors - keep the auction open for the bidders that want to move the money around.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-06-2018, 07:05 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

"Pre bidding " has ended

The "auction" is today

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-06-2018, 07:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Whatever. . . everyone has an opinion. I just don't understand the basic premise that most buyers have some number to spend, say it's $2000, and if they get squeezed on some item at 11pm or 3 am then rush hysterically to deploy their money elsewhere, because it's literally burning a hole in their pocket and they'll be crushed if they don't get rid of it somehow. I hope that's not the way you guys act at restaurants. "Let's have another round of desserts and sambuca . . .no one is leaving this place until I get rid of every dollar in my wallet."

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-06-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I agree

Quote:
Whatever. . . everyone has an opinion. I just don't understand the basic premise that most buyers have some number to spend, say it's $2000, and if they get squeezed on some item at 11pm or 3 am then rush hysterically to deploy their money elsewhere, because it's literally burning a hole in their pocket and they'll be crushed if they don't get rid of it somehow.

+!000

I bid on what I want - till it goes beyond what I'm willing to spend. If I don't win, I have more money for the next thing I want when it comes around (not necessarily in the same auction)! There was 1 time I would have bid on an item based on the sale of a consignment (which didn't sell) - so I didn't bid.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 AM
Mike

Any estimate of when the last auction ended ? Was it close to midnight ? Thanks
Old 05-06-2018, 08:29 AM
Greg Mitchell

Helpful note: first round of bidding ends in a few minutes, at NOON, eastern time. I think Brian wrote that while the hard close is midnight they might well close somewhat before that. I don't have the times for last year's close.

Amazed the prices on quality cards for t206 HOFers continue to rise. And that general look and centering counts more than ever.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Don't hold me to it but if I recall correctly it was within a few minutes of when the hard close was to occur. If anyone wants to bid and wait to the very last minute then that is their call. My guess is it closes close (2-5 minutes) to the hard stop....but that is a guess!!

Last edited by Leon; 05-06-2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

need 100k for a ruth RC---Sure!!!
Lets get 100 members to share and give 1k,,,yeah that might do it.
I hold it and give out copies of it.

Right now, I am so disgusted at myself. I had 1 bid that's all. I guess I got too damn picky these days.
(Maybe I am looking for something that I can't have)

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 05-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
From memory, I believe Spring 2017 ended about 11:52 and Fall 2017 ended 11:58.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:34 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

On a lighter side, did anybody on the Board get the T206 Gandil SGC 86?
Old 05-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Default Rea

Quote:
Whatever. . . everyone has an opinion. I just don't understand the basic premise that most buyers have some number to spend, say it's $2000, and if they get squeezed on some item at 11pm or 3 am then rush hysterically to deploy their money elsewhere, because it's literally burning a hole in their pocket and they'll be crushed if they don't get rid of it somehow. I hope that's not the way you guys act at restaurants. "Let's have another round of desserts and sambuca . . .no one is leaving this place until I get rid of every dollar in my wallet."
Maybe for the first time in your life you should concern yourself with YOUR bidding habits, and not worry about others. To each his own....it’s what makes the world go round!
Old 05-06-2018, 04:48 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
On a lighter side, did anybody on the Board get the T206 Gandil SGC 86?
They couldn't have the auction is still open for another five hours.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:21 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Maybe for the first time in your life you should concern yourself with YOUR bidding habits, and not worry about others. To each his own....it’s what makes the world go round!
But if I am in an auction WITH OTHER PEOPLE, isn’t their bidding behavior worth trying to understand?
Old 05-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
+1

I missed some stuff I wanted to bid on during the Fall auction because I didn’t realize the initial bidding session would end so early here in AZ. I learned my lesson and put all my initial bids in early this time around.
Bid early and often.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Default ????

Quote:
But if I am in an auction WITH OTHER PEOPLE, isn’t their bidding behavior worth trying to understand?

Steve, you might be slightly over thinking this. Why don’t you just put in the bid you are willing to pay and be happy with that? Then you don’t have to mindf$ck yourself everyday and twice on Sunday (REA).
Old 05-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Matt

Quote:
Why would their bidding behavior matter? Just go for yours and hope you bring your desired item home with your max bid
Old 05-06-2018, 05:43 PM

Default Rea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Why would their bidding behavior matter? Just go for yours and hope you bring your desired item home with your max bid
Thank you Matty! Soneone gets it.

Last edited by Vintageclout; 05-06-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I can't speak for others but there is more that I want than I can afford. Therefore as I get outbid past my limit on some items I can then move those funds over to the other items in which I was interested, seems obvious to me.

EDIT: And if everything I wanted goes too high, I don't just randomly look for cheap lots to rid myself of unneeded money!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 05-06-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Steve, you might be slightly over thinking this. Why don’t you just put in the bid you are willing to pay and be happy with that? Then you don’t have to mindf$ck yourself everyday and twice on Sunday (REA).
I do have a few bids down. But I'd love if the auction ended in an hour. Sure it I was on the west coast with Matty at a nice Italian restaurant right now and it ended at 9 I'd be thrilled.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-06-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:17 PM

Default I hear ya...

Quote:
I do have a few bids down. But I'd love if the auction ended in an hour. Sure it I was on the west coast with Matty at a nice Italian restaurant right now and it ended at 9 I'd be thrilled.

Steve, bad news the REA shitter is full. Doesn’t look like it will close until midnight. Put your max bids in and then watch some golden girls reruns until you fall asleep. Then you don’t have to think about it. ����*♀️

Steve, if you’re bidding on lot 2509 go to bed now. Not sure where your compete level is. Mine is a 10 .

Last edited by bigfish; 05-06-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:23 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

I waiting to bid at 11:59 Just because.....

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

There are sacred cows on this board you can’t say anything remotely critical of. Even a sniff that you question how they do things send people into a spiral. How dare you. That’s why it’s fun to post even a mild suggestion that maybe they could do things a little differently. Reminds me a little of young kids rushing to the defense of one of the Kardashian’s sisters or some pop star.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Greg Mitchell

A couple of t206s (with no special backs) I consigned are going for triple or quadruple (or more) what I had figured. What's going on?
Old 05-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sacred-cows.jpg (36.8 KB, 460 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Default Rea

Quote:
There are sacred cows on this board you can’t say anything remotely critical of. Even a sniff that you question how they do things send people into a spiral. How dare you. That’s why it’s fun to post even a mild suggestion that maybe they could do things a little differently. Reminds me a little of young kids rushing to the defense of one of the Kardashian’s sisters or some pop star.
Maybe, just maybe, it’s NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS on how other people conduct their business! Worry about your own collecting/bidding habits and stop being critical of others. Cannot say it any other way!

Last edited by Vintageclout; 05-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Feel fortunate Greg, on the other hand, I know you're just bullshitting (no pun intended from Pete's pic)...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-06-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Greg Mitchell

Presume that's a joke. I hope.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:14 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Must be nice to be able to complain about the ending because of the dozens of lots one is able to bid on lol. I pretty much just go for 1 card in REA auctions- enter my max. bid and bam I’m done

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 05-06-2018, 07:23 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Presume that's a joke. I hope.
It was, sorry. I am curious however about the two cards that you said brought quadruple prices. Can you share them with us?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-06-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Peirce Conboy

https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com...e?itemid=50210

Bummer to the guy that lost 20-25k on the original Satchel Paige artwork over just 8 years.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:27 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Auction is still going on...
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Banned

cannot believe it is 10:30 at night and i am still up. on my second pot of coffee. hope i can last another 90 minutes. so ... sleepy ...
Old 05-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Greg Mitchell

Kevin-- to mention three, and auction still going:

Schulte PSA 6 front view now $2300 or so ewith juice--5 times usual price.

Chance PSA 6 portrait yellow: 1900 with juice, more than double

Birmingham PSA 7 -- 2000, double.

several others 1.5x than expected...
Old 05-06-2018, 08:36 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Steve, bad news the REA shitter is full. Doesn’t look like it will close until midnight. Put your max bids in and then watch some golden girls reruns until you fall asleep. Then you don’t have to think about it. ����*♀️ .
I see a wet dream in his future
Old 05-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Kevin-- to mention three, and auction still going:

Schulte PSA 6 front view now $2300 or so ewith juice--5 times usual price.

Chance PSA 6 portrait yellow: 1900 with juice, more than double

Birmingham PSA 7 -- 2000, double.

several others 1.5x than expected...
5x makes no sense lol. Enjoy your good fortune.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:37 PM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Green Cobbies don't appear to be slowing down.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Brian Dwyer

Below is the text from the second Fair Warning email that just deployed:

THE AUCTION WILL CLOSE WITHOUT WARNING!
PLACE YOUR FINAL BIDS NOW!

This is the FINAL email notice that the auction will close without warning! It may be in 10 minutes, it may be in 30 minutes, but there will be no additional notice! It is entirely dependent on the items being bid on and the activity on our phone lines with call backs we have in place. The auction will close prior to 12 AM Midnight EST, and it will close WITHOUT WARNING once the FAIR WARNING email is sent. We cannot guarantee the delivery time of any outbid emails based on your independent email servers, so do not hesitate with your bids!

PAST AUCTION ENDING TIMES ARE NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENTATIVE OF WHEN THIS AUCTION WILL CLOSE!

There are FAR MORE bidders participating in this auction than any other sports auction so keep in mind that as time winds down, you may experience slower connections. We have upgraded our systems to the best available software, but the fact remains that potentially thousands of people will all be attempting to access the same page(s) at the same time. We recommend bidding earlier and/or using Honest Auto Bid, SMS text message outbid notices, or our call back system to ensure you are not shut out on important items.

The auction will close without warning. You should bid as if you will have no other opportunity to come back to an item. The Honest Auto Bid system allows you to place max bids known only to you. If an item is important, you should use this option.

It will not continue beyond Midnight Eastern, and all of the last several auctions using this method has closed BEFORE Midnight Eastern.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Howard Chasser

Default A real nail biter!

Hanging in on a few
Old 05-06-2018, 09:37 PM

Is anyone else having trouble getting on the website?