NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-30-2013, 07:00 AM
D@.ve B@.ez

I can't believe no ones mentioned Kool Moe Dee and the famous feud with an up and coming LL Cool J.

Eric B and Run DMC are still my favorites from my days growing up in JC... Aka Chilltown

BTW, In my neighborhood, we all hated 3rd Base!!

I feel like everyone on Net54 has come out of their hip hop cocoon on this thread lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Brendan Mullen

Jeru the Damaja! That's a blast from the past. Unbelievable first album, then fell off the face of the earth. How can nobody mention Keith Murray, Geto Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Shabba Ranks, or Nas???? I'm pretty sure Mc Serch from 3rd Bass discovered Nas....

This suddenly became one of the greatest threads ever!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Matt

I remember when Jeru first came off on COME CLEAN-- I heard it on a late night radio mix. It was the bomb. He'd earlier made a brief appearance on Gang Starr's Daily Operation, on the cut I'm The Man.

Very slept on one hit wonder cut that still gets play is TOP BILLIN by Audio 2.

Yes Wu coming up was a huge event on the timeline: I had the single to Protect Ya Neck with METHOD MAN on the B side.

I also vividly recall when Black Moon first hit with WHO GOT DA PROPS; that first album ENTA DA STAGE was sonically fresh.

Was a place called Bondi's on Park Row by J&R Music World in downtown manhattan where you could always cop a big anticipated release a week early.

In terms of combo of quality and output, KRS/BDP was a real standout with Gang Starr-- so many good whole albums. Who could forget LOVES GONNA GET YA from the former and DWYCK from the latter!

"I got more props and stunts than Bruce Willis..."
"Leaving the bodega I say, 'suave.'"

Tribe was of course awesome and Native Tongues was like its own little sub genre with De La and Black Sheep (anyone remember Chi Ali?).

After I did PAID IN FULL I was working on the sequel for Total Recall for Miramax, and my office was next to one Tip had in the TriBeCa film center. We became quite friendly when we'd see each other out and about, and he was always a really nice, chill guy. Many of those cats are incredibly warm people.

Beastie Boys were always special; also fantastic cats. A life highlight for me was hooping on two occasions with Yauch and Mike D and my buddy-- just running two on twos in the park.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Eric Shaeffer

I always thought Jeru should have been bigger than he was. Seemed like he could never follow up the debut album, and he tried for years.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter W Thomas View Post
60's guy also (college and HA), but today listening to Nina Simone and Robert Johnson
Robert Johnson is a 30's guy.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Matt

Interesting thing is he's put out some material-- very indie label stuff, some of it good. I will check but I'm pretty sure some is on iTunes.
Incubating lots of underground artists. Afu-Ra was one of his guys who has a great single from some years back called MIC STANCE.

I remember Jeru did have some pretty good cuts on Wrath Of The Math. But yeah he definitely went deep, deep underground after that.

Ultimately I think he really, genuinely shunned the Bigtime or mainstream and made a conscious career choice to do more indie underground stuff. His strengths and natural style and observations would be like jamming a square peg into a round hole, if he wanted to widen out or up sales. He is kind of a counter weight to the Diddy Cristal Maybach bulls1t materialism that chatacterizes so much rap today.

Same can be said to some extent for Talib Kweli I think.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:59 AM
FredYoung

Default Barry & Peter W--

I think it's fair to say we are more Doo Wop than Hip Hop---Thank God for the Dubs, the 5 Satins, the HillToppers & the Hollywood Flames!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Jeru the Damaja! That's a blast from the past. Unbelievable first album, then fell off the face of the earth. How can nobody mention Keith Murray, Geto Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Shabba Ranks, or Nas???? I'm pretty sure Mc Serch from 3rd Bass discovered Nas....

This suddenly became one of the greatest threads ever!
Nas made his debut on Back to the Grill, great song.

Never liked Geto Boys except for the song from Office Space and a couple Scarface singles. It always sounded like they wouldn't lower the mic for Bushwick Bill, so he had to yell into it.

Keith Murray was up there for me, Redman is an all-time favorite and I'll admit that I really liked Das Efx and still listed to them quite often.

Tribe is good and Scenario is one of my favorite songs because I liked them and LONS.

I listened to a lot of Lords of the Underground, mostly their earlier stuff, same for Fu-Shnickens.

The line about Bruce Willis in DWYCK is good, but the line before it is even better, "lemonade is a popular drink and it still is"

Whoever said D-Nice brought up a good one. Anyone ever listen to Nine? He didn't have his name in lights for long...
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Matt

Nine is a very deep call-- playing WATCHAWANT right now; that's one of my main running cuts.

Call Me D-Nice is a favorite. Anyone remember the cut with D-Nice and Treach? TIME TO FLOW? That was fire.

Sleeper cut on that Das EfX album is CLAP YA HANDS. Sick beat.

And how can we forget all those amazing Pete Rock Remixes? Shut Em Down Remix? Even Jump Around Remix. Too many. And all those cuts on Mecca & The Soul Brother-- Skinz? The Creator? T.R.O.Y?! That isht was volcanic. Straight magma.

Edit to add:

So here I am listening to JUSSUMMEN (Pete Rock Remix), and what is the lyric I hear?

This just goes to show how even back in 1992, just like now, everyone gives a certain player props...

"I kills'em when I gamble... And when I swings my thing I take a swing like...

Last edited by MattyC; 08-30-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM
D Marvin

Default The Def Squad

Wow you guys have me going way back!

"Damaging your medulla, cerebrum and cerebellum, you got a crew you better
tell em!"-Keith Murray
Old 08-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Brendan Mullen

Just call me D-Nice... One of my top 5's of all time!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:02 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Mobb Deep is a personal favorite.

I'm also huge into Black Moon, Sean Price, Large Professor, Group Home, Jeru... I'm born in 76 so the 90's was primetime for me.
Now you've got me reminiscing! I saw the the Boot Camp Click with Black Moon and Smiff n Wessun live back in the days...one of the best I've ever been to and those are the true lyrical artists...not the stuff that comes out these days.

How about one hit (or 2) wonders like Kurious...."and the fellas try to dip in the miracle whip!" Plus there's a connection back to 3rd bass
Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by baez578 View Post
I can't believe no ones mentioned Kool Moe Dee and the famous feud with an up and coming LL Cool J.

Eric B and Run DMC are still my favorites from my days growing up in JC... Aka Chilltown

BTW, In my neighborhood, we all hated 3rd Base!!

I feel like everyone on Net54 has come out of their hip hop cocoon on this thread lol.
Damn, I saw Kool Moe Dee as a member of the Treacherous Three open up for The Clash on the first night of fourteen during the "On Broadway" shows at Bonds in Times Square in 1981.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM
David Pierson
Banned

I remember Elvis's hips being censored on Ed Sullivan back in 56. Dave
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
+1 (I'm a 1960's guy).
++++++++1

Music made a partial comeback in the early '80s, but it's been a trudge ever since.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default ?

I don't know what the hell you youngsters are talking about! 90's hip hop?

Remember when the Beatles got off of the plane when they came to America?
Now that was exciting.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Barry Sloate

I remember.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Matt

Rest assured that being a fan of hip hop does not preclude us youngsters from being avid listeners and huge fans of other genres

For example I have deep collections of classic rock-- Stones, Zeppelin, Clapton, Beatles, even McCartney's efforts, Hendrix, all the way to Clash, Police, etc.

I also let jazz run from Thelonious Monk (alum of my HS) to Cannonball Adderley to Grant Green and then even to Herbie Hancock.

Then there are other greats from Sinatra to Stevie Wonder.

And then you have the 80s pop and English bands, a whole other genre with which I can get down. Especially when American Psycho is playing in the background and it's snowing indoors.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:42 PM

I would say at least 95% of the stuff I listen to is rap music, but I am a big fan of CCR, Skynyrd and Sonny Boy Williamson(find a song called Cool Disposition if you don't know him)
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
The OP has first hand knowledge of Mr. Nash's trade and is quite the collector. I guess we can expect Pete to address this and many others any day now on his website. I mean after all Pete is all about making the hobby a better place right?

Nice to see Pete's trademark cane was replaced by an umbrella from the clubs lost and found, keep on keeping it real Prime Minister Nash..

Good observation about Peter Nash carrying an umbrella on stage instead of his cane. What happen to his cane? I know that Nash sold his Henry Chadwick gold headed cane in Robert Edward Auctions back in 2007 for $7,475 it’s interesting to note this gold headed cane is engraved “Presented to Henry Chadwick by his Brothers, Christmas 1885” which I believe refers to his “Brothers” at the Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22 that Henry Chadwick belong too. Members of the Elks call themselves Brothers and in the late 1800’s it was common that Elks members would receive gold headed canes. See link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2004/466.html

It’s puzzling why Peter Nash didn’t correct the description of the write up on the Henry Chadwick cane when Robert Edward Auctions sold it. Anybody that has ever read Nash’s Hauls of Shame website can see how Peter Nash can write extreme details about the memorabilia he writes about but why not on this great artifact that belonged to Henry Chadwick that Nash owned. Could it be that Peter Nash is hiding something? When I was a very close friend of Peter Nash’s he told me that when he was a musician he had this barber in Brooklyn that told him about a friend that belonged to an Elks Club in Brooklyn that had a large collection of old painted baseballs and trophies and other stuff. Nash told me it was one of his best finds ever and he scored big on it.
Recently I spoke to Fran Henry, Henry Chadwick’s great, great granddaughter and she told me that when Peter Nash bought a large collection of Henry Chadwick items from her back around 2002 that the Henry Chadwick Gold Headed cane was not part of her collection and that Peter Nash told her that he owned the Henry Chadwick Gold cane for a long time and that he used it in his performances on stage when he was a musician. That would place Peter Nash with the Chadwick cane around 1990. John Thorn, official historian for MLB recently wrote an article about Fran Henry, see link:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/07/1...enry-chadwick/

So were did Peter Nash get this Chadwick cane from? I guess it was part of the Brooklyn Elks Club collection. Where did Nash get the 1903 World Series baseball that Cy Young owned and donated to the Brooklyn Elks #22 in 1953 which Peter Nash sold in 1994? This same 1903 World Series ball was sold recently by Legendary Auctions for $65,725. Peter Nash where did you get the 2 Abe Yager Brooklyn baseball scrapbooks and the Henry Chadwick framed picture of his gravesite that you gave me as collateral these 3 items are stamped (BPOE No. 22) which means Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22. Where did you get the miscellaneous group of Brooklyn Elks items that you gave me as collateral including the very old gold medal that says” Brooklyn 22 B.P.O. E.” that you gave me as collateral? Maybe the medal was owned by Henry Chadwick? I need to know the provenance of all the collateral you gave me as collateral. Early this year you refused to give me provenance on the Ed Delahanty bat. As you are aware I spoke to Jerry Casway that wrote the book “Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball” Mr. Casway told me you are friends with him and that you speak with him about once a week for the past three years. Mr. Casway told me the Delahanty bat is real but you refused to tell him the provenance of the Delehanty bat. Where did you get Ed Delahanty's 1887 pocket watch that's now in "The National Pastime Museum”? Not giving me provenance makes no sense! It’s obviously in Roxanne Nash’s best interest and yours to sell the collateral items at the highest price possible to reduce your debt. My wife, Lisa and I have a large Judgment against you and your wife, Roxanne totaling over $475,000 when adding on the 8 ½ % interest accruing on the Judgment. Peter Nash please send me a detail list of the provenance of all the collateral you gave me. For instance I need the provenance of the George Wright old timer’s reunion hat you gave me as collateral. Although it make no sense for you not to give me the provenance but if don’t I will depose you and Roxanne for an asset deposition and in the end you will pay for any legal expenses I incur because I have the right to go back to the judge and ask for legal fees and cost. Peter Nash you have been Order by the judge to return the 1912 Red Sox World Series Player Diamond Stickpin that you stole from my wife, Lisa and I. As you are aware you gave this 1912 WS gold diamond stickpin to Al Angelo as collateral and also gave the 1868 Albumen photo of Brooklyn Atlantics to Mr. Angelo as collateral. I want both items returned immediately. I have a legal document signed by you and Mr. Angelo that says Mr. Angelo has those items. In your deposition in June of 2009 you stated that Al Angelo has the 1912 WS diamond stickpin.

By the way Peter Nash I’ve been in touch with Katherine Dooley’s law firm and they have supplied me with some documents including your receipt of 54 items that you bought from Katherine Dooley for $25,000 and a receipt for when you purchased the 2 scrapbooks for $1,000 given to her father by John Drohan. So please don’t be afraid to give me provenance of the McGreevy items and other items you gave me as collateral that you acquired from the Dooley family. The cat is out of the bag! No reason to plead the fifth this time! Just thing how much you could have sold that Hugh Duffy 1898 trophy for if you had told the truth! What about the Babe Ruth signed Mitt or the Mike Kelly bat or Hugh Duffy bat or the Cap Anson bat that Nuf Ced McGreevy once owned. Why did you plead the fifth, it make no sense! Where you afraid to tell people that the old lady was giving you stuff? I saw Katherine Dooley give you some items in August of 2007 when you and I were at her house in Milton, MA with the film crew. Bottom line Peter Nash you need to the truth!

Last edited by Sunny; 09-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Barry Sloate

Amazing!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Jim M.arinari

Has anyone seen "White Betsy"?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Good observation about Peter Nash carrying an umbrella on stage instead of his cane. What happen to his cane? I know that Nash sold his Henry Chadwick gold headed cane in Robert Edward Auctions back in 2007 for $7,475 it’s interesting to note this gold headed cane is engraved “Presented to Henry Chadwick by his Brothers, Christmas 1885” which I believe refers to his “Brothers” at the Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22 that Henry Chadwick belong too. Members of the Elks call themselves Brothers and in the late 1800’s it was common that Elks members would receive gold headed canes. See link:

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2004/466.html

It’s puzzling why Peter Nash didn’t correct the description of the write up on the Henry Chadwick cane when Robert Edward Auctions sold it. Anybody that has ever read Nash’s Hauls of Shame website can see how Peter Nash can write extreme details about the memorabilia he writes about but why not on this great artifact that belonged to Henry Chadwick that Nash owned. Could it be that Peter Nash is hiding something? When I was a very close friend of Peter Nash’s he told me that when he was a musician he had this barber in Brooklyn that told him about a friend that belonged to an Elks Club in Brooklyn that had a large collection of old painted baseballs and trophies and other stuff. Nash told me it was one of his best finds ever and he scored big on it.
Recently I spoke to Fran Henry, Henry Chadwick’s great, great granddaughter and she told me that when Peter Nash bought a large collection of Henry Chadwick items from her back around 2002 that the Henry Chadwick Gold Headed cane was not part of her collection and that Peter Nash told her that he owned the Henry Chadwick Gold cane for a long time and that he used it in his performances on stage when he was a musician. That would place Peter Nash with the Chadwick cane around 1990. John Thorn, official historian for MLB recently wrote an article about Fran Henry, see link:

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2013/07/1...enry-chadwick/

So were did Peter Nash get this Chadwick cane from? I guess it was part of the Brooklyn Elks Club collection. Where did Nash get the 1903 World Series baseball that Cy Young owned and donated to the Brooklyn Elks #22 in 1953 which Peter Nash sold in 1994? This same 1903 World Series ball was sold recently by Legendary Auctions for $65,725. Peter Nash where did you get the 2 Abe Yager Brooklyn baseball scrapbooks and the Henry Chadwick framed picture of his gravesite that you gave me as collateral these 3 items are stamped (BPOE No. 22) which means Brooklyn Elks Lodge No. 22. Where did you get the miscellaneous group of Brooklyn Elks items that you gave me as collateral including the very old gold medal that says” Brooklyn 22 B.P.O. E.” that you gave me as collateral? Maybe the medal was owned by Henry Chadwick? I need to know the provenance of all the collateral you gave me as collateral. Early this year you refused to give me provenance on the Ed Delahanty bat. As you are aware I spoke to Jerry Casway that wrote the book “Ed Delahanty in the Emerald Age of Baseball” Mr. Casway told me you are friends with him and that you speak with him about once a week for the past three years. Mr. Casway told me the Delahanty bat is real but you refused to tell him the provenance of the Delehanty bat. Where did you get the Ed Delahanty pocket Watch that now is in the “National Past Time Museum”? Not giving me provenance makes no sense! It’s obviously in Roxanne Nash’s best interest and yours to sell the collateral items at the highest price possible to reduce your debt. My wife, Lisa and I have a large Judgment against you and your wife, Roxanne totaling over $475,000 when adding on the 8 ½ % interest accruing on the Judgment. Peter Nash please send me a detail list of the provenance of all the collateral you gave me. For instance I need the provenance of the George Wright old timer’s reunion hat you gave me as collateral. Although it make no sense for you not to give me the provenance but if don’t I will depose you and Roxanne for an asset deposition and in the end you will pay for any legal expenses I incur because I have the right to go back to the judge and ask for legal fees and cost. Peter Nash you have been Order by the judge to return the 1912 Red Sox World Series Player Diamond Stickpin that you stole from my wife, Lisa and I. As you are aware you gave this 1912 WS gold diamond stickpin to Al Angelo as collateral and also gave the 1868 Albumen photo of Brooklyn Atlantics to Mr. Angelo as collateral. I want both items returned immediately. I have a legal document signed by you and Mr. Angelo that says Mr. Angelo has those items. In your deposition in June of 2009 you stated that Al Angelo has the 1912 WS diamond stickpin.
By the way Peter Nash I’ve been in touch with Katherine Dooley’s law firm and they have supplied me with some documents including your receipt of 54 items that you bought from Katherine Dooley for $25,000 and a receipt for when you purchased the 2 scrapbooks for $1,000 given to her father by John Drohan. So please don’t be afraid to give me provenance of the McGreevy items and other items you gave me as collateral that you acquired from the Dooley family. The cat is out of the bag! No reason to plead the fifth this time! Just thing how much you could have sold that Hugh Duffy 1898 trophy for if you had told the truth! What about the Babe Ruth signed Mitt or the Mike Kelly bat or Hugh Duffy bat or the Cap Anson bat that Nuf Ced McGreevy once owned. Why did you plead the fifth, it make no sense! Where you afraid to tell people that the old lady was giving you stuff? I saw Katherine Dooley give you some items in August of 2007 when you and I were at her house in Milton, MA with the film crew. Bottom line Peter Nash you need to the truth!
Thank you for posting this information...perhaps it is enough to get the few Net54 members who are supporting Nash with info or constantly linking to his website to stop. Perhaps it's also enough to get this thread back on track.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Richard Cline

OK, I read some of the early threads on this and then came back to it today.

I'm with the oldies.....Beatles, Elvis. etc.....

I have no idea who some of these other performers are/were....it will probably stay that way.
RC
Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Al

Pop-pop goes the weasel.

-Al
Old 08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Robert, great post. Hopefully you can be made solid on this mess one day shame you as a collector have been a victim of such bad stuff. Not to mention the threats about folks coming to "break your legs" correct?

Also those great photos that seemed to not add up from our good pal Mr. Nash.

Seems our white knight of hobby cleanup is rather dirty and like many of the trophy balls he once owned quite tarnished.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I’ll be on the lookout for the Henry Chadwick umbrella soon.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
Pop-pop goes the weasel.

-Al
'cause the weasel goes pop?

The weasel in question definitely needs to go 'pop'.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Phil Nap

What? No love for Big Daddy Kane from this crew?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:15 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Robert, great post. Hopefully you can be made solid on this mess one day shame you as a collector have been a victim of such bad stuff. Not to mention the threats about folks coming to "break your legs" correct?

Also those great photos that seemed to not add up from our good pal Mr. Nash.

Seems our white knight of hobby cleanup is rather dirty and like many of the trophy balls he once owned quite tarnished.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I’ll be on the lookout for the Henry Chadwick umbrella soon.
John, it is true that Peter Nash did threaten me to have my legs broken because my wife, Lisa and I refused to sell the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him and McGreevy’s Bar in Boston, MA. (Nash has a minority stake in McGreevy’s bar). Here are a few paragraphs from the lawsuit which was a verified complaint when we sued the Nash’s.

69. Nash told Robert that the Frasers would make a “great profit” by selling the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy to him, as he would pay the most because he needed to have it for McGreevy’s.

70. Robert told Nash that he and Lisa had decided to put the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy up for auction to obtain the best price possible.

71. Nash became extremely angry and threatened Robert, saying that if the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy were not sold to him he would “send someone to break your legs”. (The threat was reported to law enforcement authorities.) Nash went on to state, “If you put the [1912 Red Sox World Series] Trophy up for auction, I will interfere with the sale.”

It should be noted that Nash lied to his partners at McGreevy’s by claiming he owned 50% of the 1912 Red Sox World Series Trophy. The truth is Nash had no ownership in the trophy and he was worried that his partners would sue or remove him for lying to them about the true ownership of the 1912 trophy.

The email below is an Exhibit Peter Nash used in a Certification to the court. He wanted Ken Casey one his partners at McGreevy’s Bar to testify to this audio tape/transcript. (Ken Casey is the singer for the Dropkick Murphys). Ken Casey must have been delighted that Peter Nash wanted him to testify to this audio tape/transcript. It’s shocking that Nash could actually think that this statement could help him, it only helped my lawsuit. In plain English it’s delusional! Definition of delusional in the Encarta Dictionary: English (North America)

1. False belief - a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition

2. Mistaken notion - a false or mistaken belief or idea about something

To: "Erin l. Henderson"
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:43 AM
Subject: Audio Tape/transcript
Erin,
The audio tape with the phone voice mail from my partner Ken Casey took place on Saturday April 19th, 2008 at 4:24 pm FROM xxx-xxx-xxxx. (22 SECONDS)

Vice Mail Transcript:

Ken Casey: Pete, it's Kenny. I got that 150 cash. let's get down there with a f**kin bag of money and a baseball bat and a f**kin pen and a piece of paper. Give me a call back.

Peter

PS I have the tape, don't have a dupe deck?

Last edited by Leon; 08-31-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: took out 2 f bombs that were in transcript
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 AM
Rich Klein

Default Im a 70's guy myself

But love certain songs from the 60's
=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMBxlu62c0
Old 08-31-2013, 03:33 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Unreal Robert, I heard rough details but that's crazy. Hopefully when folks stop talking music they will take notice of what you have shared here. It's really quite the insight into Mr. Nash.

Thanks again for sharing.

Cheers,

John
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Dan Bretta

Let's stop talking about music in this thread and keep it on track please.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Let's stop talking about music in this thread and keep it on track please.
To explain further this means that Dan wants

more Blood, Sweat & Tears

instead of

more Blood, Sweat & Tears,

I think.

Disclaimer: Wrong era and genre, but so I am.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Rich Klein

Default Dan is right

but because the music background is how Peter did make his money, discussion about his music (and other music) is fine in this thread. There is fascinating reading about Peter but unless he comes and says something (doubtful) we're gong to talk about his songs. No real harm, no real foul

Couple more links to songs about judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GMUlCBgd0 -- I like this version as the guilt is admitted

Rich
Old 08-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
but because the music background is how Peter did make his money, discussion about his music (and other music) is fine in this thread. There is fascinating reading about Peter but unless he comes and says something (doubtful) we're gong to talk about his songs. No real harm, no real foul

Couple more links to songs about judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdF7o08KXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GMUlCBgd0 -- I like this version as the guilt is admitted

Rich
No Rich, If a moderator says lets get back on track then we should get back on track. I do agree that Peter's music was brought into this by the OP so that is probably ok, but other music should be for another thread, (especially now since a moderator has asked to get back on subject).
Old 08-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Dan Bretta

Yes, we know he was once a famous hip hop artist, but his music is inconsequential to this thread. A man who was threatened, conned and stole from has come to Net54 to lay out his side of the story and I'd like it to stay away from music. For whatever reason Nash still has his fans on this board who want to look past his transgressions and some of these people are lending their services, opinions and knowledge to Nash....some anonymously and some don't mind having their name used as a source. I'd like them to see exactly who they are dealing with. Anyone wanting to talk hip hop is free to use the watercooler section.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 08-31-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
No Rich, If a moderator says lets get back on track then we should get back on track. I do agree that Peter's music was brought into this by the OP so that is probably ok, but other music should be for another thread, (especially now since a moderator has asked to get back on subject).
+1
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Yes, we know he was once a famous hip hop artist, but his music is inconsequential to this thread. A man who was threatened, conned and stole from has come to Net54 to lay out his side of the story and I'd like it to stay away from music. For whatever reason Nash still has his fans on this board who want to look past his transgressions and some of these people are lending their services, opinions and knowledge to Nash....some anonymously and some don't mind having their name used as a source. I'd like them to see exactly who they are dealing with. Anyone wanting to talk hip hop is free to use the watercooler section.
+1
Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Rich Klein

Default Actually in my opinion only

The music discussion is important on a general level to understand some of Pete's motives.

One important characteristic of the modern "hip-hip" era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong. That is true of non-singers as well. Look at all of the professional athletes who come up with the great excuses when they are caught with a positive drug test

In the hip-hop and rap culture fostered in the early 1990's by groups such as 3rd Base, that same natural selection of "I'm famous, you can not touch me" began.

I don't think we can argue that Peter is a devoted baseball fan and a very dedicated researcher in baseball history and the memorabilia. There is also very little doubt that Peter, as Leon posted in a great thread in the Autograph area, even when found accountable in a court of law has never honored any of those decisions. Leon, to his credit, has and that is a major difference between these two people. I'd use men but that would be an insult to Leon to put Nash in the same league as him.

The fact is we have someone who is willing to come out and sign his name (a rule in this board) to a possibily ignitable thread. The other fact is we know what we are dealing with when it comes to Peter's background and not much can be added.

I will also note that despite my repeated comments -- the Last Names were not added. as per board rules on this thread

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174608

I see that in a thread that calls out a dealer by name for trimming and has gone in many directions the full names are still not added to the thread. Me thinks a little moderation on certain subjects might help

And note, despite the earlier comments, the full names were not put in this thread either

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=174881&page=2

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 08-31-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Matt

Quote:

One important characteristic of the modern "hip-hip" era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong.
Rich
Professor,

Thanks for imparting your deep knowledge (or is it just a sweeping generalization?) of the hip hop era. I surmise you came to this epiphany by listening to tons of KRS?

The denial of responsibility is an individual choice, not a trait of fans of a specific type of music. One could just as easily argue the denial of responsibility was alive and well in the stoner ethos of the 70's.

You also said:

"In the hip-hop and rap culture fostered in the early 1990's by groups such as 3rd Base, that same natural selection of "I'm famous, you can not touch me" began. "

Awkward phrasing aside (natural selection?), the famous began feeling untouchable long before 1990.

Last edited by MattyC; 08-31-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
To: "Erin l. Henderson"
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:43 AM
Subject: Audio Tape/transcript
Erin,
The audio tape with the phone voice mail from my partner Ken Casey took place on Saturday April 19th, 2008 at 4:24 pm FROM xxx-xxx-xxxx. (22 SECONDS)

Vice Mail Transcript:

Ken Casey: Pete, it's Kenny. I got that 150 cash. let's get down there with a f**kin bag of money and a baseball bat and a f**kin pen and a piece of paper. Give me a call back.

Peter

PS I have the tape, don't have a dupe deck?
Robert,
Isn't it time to let bygones be bygones? I mean, in a week it will be TWO years ago!! People change! Peter changed! He is a Crusader For All That Is Good And Ethical.

Now back off or else. I can still swing a bat and I could use the money, if you know what I mean.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
David Pierson
Banned

"One important characteristic of the modern 'hip hop' era is a denial of responsibility when something goes wrong." Rich Klein (DICK)
Old 08-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Rich Klein

Default Mr. Pierson

Like I always tell you, being insulted by you is a badge of honor as you obviously have nothing better to do with your time but be a trouble maker who has already been booted off the board once and is well on a way to a 2nd boot

Rich
Old 08-31-2013, 12:25 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I'm not into rap and have no insightful opinion on that genre for or against, but should note, before we have too many stereotypes about musical types, that last week I saw an interview with the deceased Metal Goth singer Peter Steele in which he said he thought kids today spend too much time spend too much time playing video and it's important for parents to spend more time with their kids. He also said his favorite job he ever had was working for the New York City parks department, and he was very proud when he was promoted to a parks supervisor position.

So the person doesn't always match the persona. In fact, he said his formidable stage act was just that, an act, and in real life he was just a big kid with a shy streak.

Last edited by drcy; 09-01-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:27 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Help me with the new facts disclosed here. Peter Nash bought some memorabilia from a Brooklyn Elks club and a relative of Henry Chadwick. James wanted to know the provenance of some collateral he took from Peter Nash long after he took the collateral (why wouldn't he ask before he took it). Peter Nash allegedly threatened James. Am I missing any of the facts? BTW, I have always liked "Product of the Environment" as well as "Brooklyn-Queens".
Old 08-31-2013, 12:30 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Like I always tell you, being insulted by you is a badge of honor as you obviously have nothing better to do with your time but be a trouble maker who has already been booted off the board once and is well on a way to a 2nd boot

Rich
You keep saying that Dick, but it is YOU who got schooled by the mods in this thread. BTW just because I disagree with you doesnt mean I'm insulting you. Dave.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Help me with the new facts disclosed here. Peter Nash bought some memorabilia from a Brooklyn Elks club and a relative of Henry Chadwick. James wanted to know the provenance of some collateral he took from Peter Nash long after he took the collateral (why wouldn't he ask before he took it). Peter Nash allegedly threatened James. Am I missing any of the facts? BTW, I have always liked "Product of the Environment" as well as "Brooklyn-Queens".
Jay, I wouldn't ask you (or anyone else who I respect and might do a huge business deal with) for provenance of any collateral you gave me, but if I found out later that you were a lying thief and that I might be about to experience semi-financial ruin because of your dishonesty, I'd probably want to start getting my ducks lined up in a row.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:06 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Scott--I agree on cards and maybe photographs, but on memorabilia I would always ask for provenance, no matter where I was getting it, and especially if it was to be used as collateral.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Scott--I agree on cards and maybe photographs, but on memorabilia I would always ask for provenance, no matter where I was getting it, and especially if it was to be used as collateral.
Yes, I guess I have to agree with you, especially since even honest people can make mistakes. My guess would be that Nash provided 'enough' provenance to satisfy anyone who already trusted him. For instance, that collection of balls in the grandfather clock (what a laugher!!!!) - I'm sure there was some sort of letter associated with it, but obviously it was all bullshit.

BTW, do you remember us discussing that in here? That was a good time. I would love to find that old thread - I brought up that it looked like a grandfather clock to me, but I don't remember the thoughts of others.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Yeah! Didn't it turn out that the "case" was ultimately identified as part of a grandfather clock or a case for something other than trophy balls? Dave