NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Default Mark Macrae's June 26th show.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I wrongly contributed to the "card show from nowhere" thread that Mark Macrae was only doing a Thanksgiving show this year because of the national. HE'S ALSO HAVING ONE THE 26th OF JUNE. As he just pointed out to me in no uncertain terms (one of them there lurkers, you know).

Mark has stuff from virtually every decade, and specializes in California stuff for his own collection (which isn't to say that he doesn't collect almost everything else). Many unslabbed as well as some slabbed cards can be found at his show at St. Leander's Church, San Leandro, CA, across from the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station in San leandro--just south of Oakland and across the bay from San Francisco.

I have personally bought from him (these just come to mind) : a T206 Plank, a 1885 Harper's Woodcut of "The Baseball Champions of 1885," (12 individual portraits--a big one)a W504 Ruth, many Colgans of all kinds, a Texas Tommy Mack, a Cleveland Fatima, a T206 McGraw with sweater, and from others at his show, a signed photo of Roy--gorgeous, and a rookie Lemieux, a Batter-Up Greenberg (mint) and a Lawrie's catcher (1884), a 1997 Calbee Matsui, many T202s from John Spaulding (now retired), photos of Jackie Robinson, "The Glory of Their Times,"--lots more of course.

Old 05-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I can vouch for the fact that the shows Mark puts on are top notch. I had a table every year from 1986-91. It was always one of my better shows for both sales and buying. Mark takes great care to make sure that there is mostly dealers with mainly vintage inventories. If you are anywhere near the area, it is a must go to show. And as Julie pointed out, even if you fly in, getting to it is very since BART (the train system) stops almost right across the street from the show location.

Jay

Old 05-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

San Pablo Blvd! Wowa !!!

Old 05-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

It's not in San Leandro--runs the length of Oakland, Berkeley, etc. through Richmond. Maybe even further. But not as far as San Leandro. High class restaurants, bars, antique stores, Good Vibrations and prostitutes--I can't tell prostitutes from ordinary girls for the most part. In Paris they (used to) all wear hennaed hair and stand in one place, or walk back and forth looking at their watches.

NO baseball card stores--oh yeah--Dave's Dougout in Albany. Stuff there keeps getting newer and newer. Last time i was there, I was looking at one of those machines where you press a button and the thing slowly spins to show more cards; Dave was standing at another counter talking about --real estate?--with someone else. After a while, he said "Are you finished listening, Julie?" HE SHOULD LIVE SO LONG! I haven't been back since. Mainly because of the all-new stuff, though. But why should i go to a baseball card shop to listen to two guys talking real estate? Or maybe it was stocks--but i think real estate.
Anyway, sorry I appearerd to be eavesdropping. I DID buy a card there in January--a Diamond Star Bucky Harris.

(Didn't buy this at Dave's, but it's one of the newsest cards I have scanned.)