NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Bill Humphrey

Default Inventory

Where is the best place to put your inventory. I am starting to use SportsCarForum. Is this the best to use?

Any suggestions.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default depends

It depends on what you have, I guess? Don't they deal mostly in the modern cards? I have briefly been over there and didn't see much vintage. Do they charge dues, for certain things, and have quite a few rules?

BTW, I would be remiss if I didn't mention putting them on Grand Slam Bids. Though we just got started there are some neat things coming very soon.

Last edited by Leon; 01-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Bill Humphrey

Default Inventory

No fees and the inventory is easy to put in. You are right about not being vintage.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default great forum

Understanding they do have a free membership too, with less features. ..I guess I didn't see this below?

Sports Card Forum Premium Membership - $12/$20 a Year

The Sports Card Forum (SCF) Premium Membership is the first of its kind. SCF members can choose to help support SCF while enjoying outstanding additional benefits. Every penny generated through the Premium or VIP Membership will go to:

Purchasing Packs for our Card Cash sales
Tables/Booths at major card shows like The Nationals
New Features like auctions, storefronts, online price guide, etc
Server Costs
Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Default inventory

Give photobucket a try; you can customize the presentation any way you want with as many different folders as you want. You can then link your folder website to anyone or even ebay I think. Costs nothing too.
jim
Old 01-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Bill Humphrey

Default Inventory

Thanks Jim,

I was thinking about PhotoBucket but wasn't sure. I will give it a try.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Steven Finley

I haven't been on SCF in awhile, mostly because it lacks quality vintage cards. I made a dozen or so transactions there and never had problem, however I remember scammers ran wild there and due to the site's size it was tough to control. Those that got caught would just start another user name.

If you do sell there only make transactions with high itrader scores and avoid new users or people with low trader scores.

Other sites you can use.
Blowoutcards.com/forums - Strictly Modern. Be wary of scammers.

freedomcardboard.com - Strictly Modern. Be wary of scammers.

forums.collectors.com - More vintage but there B/S/T isn't very popular and doesn't feature much. Be wary of set collectors who are mad that their 88' Donruss common didn't get a .5 bump.

ebay- Be wary of fees.

Grandslambids.com- Haven't used it as much as I would like, but a great alternative to ebay.

Here- In probably 60-70 transactions I have never had problem in the least bit. And the problems others have had here and so few and far between I cannot remember the last one. (For comparison, SCF used to have a thread dedicated to bad traders.)

Good luck in selling!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Default photobucket

here is mine with minimal effort; sure you could do better!
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa21/shoelessjim/
Old 01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
David Bender

Default mouse-over

Off topic I guess, but the Net54 feature that permits the user to mouse over the thread title to see the beginning of the first sentence has made those other boards painful to use by comparison.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Matt Wieder

Our hope is that more and more folks will be using a store on www.GrandSlamBids.com to offer their inventory. We're currently waiving the store fees for a while and aside from the cost savings vs other options, benefits of a GSB store include:
  • Ease of Transactions - people can buy and pay all without your involvement
  • Ease of Setup - unlike maintaining your own web site, when using a GSB store, you don't need to worry about editing HTML to add or remove images or cards
  • VCP Integration - when you list a card on GSB, anyone who has put that card on their VCP want list is notified
  • Traffic - when listing on your own site, you are solely responsible for driving traffic; when you list on GSB, your efforts are in additional to other sellers and users who all share the traffic
  • Safety - we maintain all users contact information and have a zero tolerance policy for fraud.

While currently the user base is mostly vintage, we do have many registrants who collect modern and adding more modern inventory will only increase that number.

End plug.

Last edited by Matt; 01-01-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Store

Hi Matt,
Can you tell me how much your store fees will run once the free offer is over?
I have 600 items in my ebay store, and I am paying a nickel a month per item, plus a flat fee of 49.95 per month, plus 12% selling fees, plus paypal fees.

I'm looking for something cheaper, but it will be tough to get the exposure that I get on the bay, ebay has turbolister, which makes listing a bunch of items fairly easy.

Thanks,
Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Was this thread suppose to be about a place to put your inventory on or a place to put your inventory on so it is up for sale?

Lee
Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Hi Matt,
Can you tell me how much your store fees will run once the free offer is over?
I have 600 items in my ebay store, and I am paying a nickel a month per item, plus a flat fee of 49.95 per month, plus 12% selling fees, plus paypal fees.

I'm looking for something cheaper, but it will be tough to get the exposure that I get on the bay, ebay has turbolister, which makes listing a bunch of items fairly easy.

Thanks,
Rick
Hey Rick
We have a new feature (I think it's been rolled out but not sure) that will make turbolister look weak. We also have an option to use a bulk lister, whether it be turbolister, blackthorne or most others. Matt can talk more about it but it's a neat feature. Our fees are at most 2% of a sales price and for a store here is the breakdown..

Entry Store 100 items, Price: $5.00, recurring every 30 days
Basic Store 500 items, Price: $10.00, recurring every 30 days
Medium Store 1000 items, Price: $15.00, recurring every 30 days
Advanced Store 2500 items, Price: $30.00, recurring every 30 days
Platinum Store 10000 items, Price: $50.00, recurring every 30 days

and to answer the question if it is only pertaining to having some web space to put your cards for show and tell, I would recommend Net54's own feature, under the community tab. It's free and super easy to use. best regards

Last edited by Leon; 01-02-2011 at 04:22 PM.