NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Default Praise for REA and Brian Dwyer

Hi All,

I wanted to acknowledge the outstanding service I recently received from Brian and REA.

I have been a regular bidder at REA for maybe 10 years or so. I am not one of those bidders people refer to as "whales"...more like a guppy, I suppose. I think my winnings in any single REA auction have never exceeded $10K.

I say this to provide the context that I'm not one of those customers that every business would do just about anything to have.

In the Fall 2017 REA auction, my winnings came in at under $2000. But I asked Brian if he would consider doing me a favor that would save me a substantial sum, but would require Brian to spend a fair bit of time on my behalf. (I won't specify further, as this was something unique to my situation.) Without hesitation, he agreed to help me out, and he did exactly what he promised.

REA has never yet disappointed me, but this time I am thankful Brian went above-and-beyond.

In a day and age where the internet is used to air so many complaints, I thought it was important to acknowledge truly great service when it is provided like this.

All the best to my fellow collectors in 2018!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 01-11-2018, 05:46 PM

Default Rea

Brian and his team are superb.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Michael S.

Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year, there were a few cards I wanted. And like most of you, I placed a huge number of initial bids and slowly began to narrow it down to a few lots.

The prices began to get realized and I became disappointed that I might only win one lot. My wife went behind my back and with only a few days until the close of the auction and without any real card history, she contacted Brian to explain that she wanted to open an account so that she could surprise me with another lot.

Long story short; I won my intended and lot and my wife (unbeknownst to me) also won her lot. Brain remembered his phone conversation with my wife and took the time to call her and ask if she would like them shipped in two separate packages, so that I wouldn't realize it when my winning lot arrived.

Needless to say, it was a very pleasant birthday surprise, but more importantly, A+ customer service!

1951 Bowman - Mantle
T206 Cobb - Bat Off
M116 Wagner - Blue
E98 - Wagner
1947 Bond Bread - Robinson
1923 Exhibit - Stengel
1936 R314 - Goudey Premium Wide Pens #44
Old 01-11-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmount76 View Post

Needless to say, it was a very pleasant birthday surprise, but more importantly, A+ customer service!
Great story and another example of awesome service!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year, there were a few cards I wanted. And like most of you, I placed a huge number of initial bids and slowly began to narrow it down to a few lots.

The prices began to get realized and I became disappointed that I might only win one lot. My wife went behind my back and with only a few days until the close of the auction and without any real card history, she contacted Brian to explain that she wanted to open an account so that she could surprise me with another lot.

Long story short; I won my intended and lot and my wife (unbeknownst to me) also won her lot. Brain remembered his phone conversation with my wife and took the time to call her and ask if she would like them shipped in two separate packages, so that I wouldn't realize it when my winning lot arrived.

evil part of me was waiting for "so my wife accidentally bid me up" portion of the story.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

REA under Rob Lifson was the only auction house I fully trusted and this continues under Brian.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Aaron Seefeldt

Default The best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
REA under Rob Lifson was the only auction house I fully trusted and this continues under Brian.
+1
Old 01-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Quote:
Not to hijack, but rather piggyback the OP's sentiments. During the Spring auction last year,

Now that's cool
Old 01-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Greg Mitchell

Visited Brian just today at their new outpost in Chester. Big space they have their. Someone had just consigned a zillion cards they have go through. Good guy.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:21 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Brian and Michael

Brian Dwyer and Michael Goldberg are two of the best people i know. Not just in the hobby, but on the entire planet. A truly great, honest, and knowledgable team.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:24 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:

That's great Michael.

I have only one question for you:

Does your wife have an available sister?

=

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 01-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Scott Russell

Just to echo Glyn's comments, I've only talked with Brian a couple times but he blew me away at the national when he called me by name merely by the card I brought him to consign. We had talked about it once on the phone and had never met. I walked up to their booth and he saw the card, a nice card but nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, in my hand and knew instantly who I was. Mike I deal with all the time and he's absolutely one of the nicest guys I've met, in the hobby or out.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Josh Adams

I cannot say enough good things about Brian. Nothing in this thread surprises me.

One of the honorable and trustworthy guys in the hobby.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Just to echo Glyn's comments, I've only talked with Brian a couple times but he blew me away at the national when he called me by name merely by the card I brought him to consign. We had talked about it once on the phone and had never met. I walked up to their booth and he saw the card, a nice card but nothing earth shattering by any stretch of the imagination, in my hand and knew instantly who I was. Mike I deal with all the time and he's absolutely one of the nicest guys I've met, in the hobby or out.
I couldn't agree morel As friendly as anyone you could hope to meet. He also graciously gave to the Net54baseball Dinner doggy charity and couldn't even make the dinner.