NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Justin

Default Raw T card buying on Ebay

I'm brand new to the T cards (spending most of my time in the post war forum, you guys have made me jealous with your pick ups!) and am apprehensive of buying raw on Ebay due to lack of knowledge. I have been looking at slabbed cards, but they are all at or above SMR prices (and mostly BIN. Grading isn't necessarily important to me at this point, but authenticity is!

Who are the trusted Ebay sellers you guys feel comfortable buying cards raw??

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Jmad; 04-05-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Steve C.

Default Raw T card buying on Ebay

You can't go wrong with buythatcard. When cards are trimmed, he discloses it in the ebay listing. Just read the description box in the listing closely. buythatcard is a top notch seller for raw vintage cards...and he's also a Net54 board member. I've bought many raw T206s from him without any issues.

Good luck.

Steve

Last edited by willworkforT206; 04-05-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Frank Wakefield

What if you bought a few raw cards from some of the folks on here who are trustworthy and who sell (here, directly, or on eBay)?

That way you'll be sure you're getting the real thing. Once you have a few in hand, you should be on your way to being able to discern real cards from reprints, and problem cards from ok cards. And in the process, you will befriend a few folks here. Then, you can email them about cards you're after, they can check the auctions, and tell you what they think. I've done that for half a dozen folks... some of the old guys won't mind helping you a bit.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

If you ever need help you can shoot me a PM!

Try this search out for t206's:

(t206, t 206) -rp -reprint -reprints -2010 -2009 -topps -etopps -honus

And do auction only.

This should help weed out all the other crappy stuff =)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Justin

Thanks for the tips Steve and SCP!!!

Frank- I check B/S/T daily, but haven't found anything I am looking for. I want my first few to be T205, and it seems the cards haven't been what I am after. They are also a little less frequent than the 206's. That does make me think to check some member pages for Ebay ID's though. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
John Hanssen

It is true a lot less T205s here on B/S/T but there here.
Ive made some good buys and trades.
The T205 guys have helped me out ALOT and contunue to send info ana offers all the time.

OH and THANKS PETE for the search I just changed it to T205 and saved it - worked great!!

Last edited by nebboy; 04-06-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
If you ever need help you can shoot me a PM!

Try this search out for t206's:

(t206, t 206) -rp -reprint -reprints -2010 -2009 -topps -etopps -honus

And do auction only.

This should help weed out all the other crappy stuff =)
Thanks for the search tip! That weeds out a lot of junk!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Good Tip

I run almost the same search as Pete suggested if really want to narrow it down even more, check the Include Description box and it will knock out even more junk. Still some stuff may slip though the cracks...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Sellers/Tips

As for sellers on e-bay. I have had many trouble free transactions with yankeeinmaine, joesvintagesportscards, cookiemonster501 just to name a few off top of my head. Plus the B/S/T here is a great place to look. Also don't dis-regard low grade, graded cards. If you do some searching sometimes they can be cheaper than raw cards of same player/condition and you know there legit and you're not guessing if it's a Fair SGC 20/PSA 1.5, Good SGC 30/PSA 2 etc... Also it will help get you familiar with grades and you will be able to spot fakes/reprints etc easier. My rule of thumb is if it's a SGC30/PSA 2 or under common, I break it out of the holder as the price difference is negotiable raw or slabbed. Hope this helps some. Best of Luck with your collection.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Jmad- it's not only on ebay that you can get stung buying a raw card, I have purchased raw cards from different prominent auction houses which were later graded as authentic because they were trimmed. I bought a lot of E94 cards about 2 years ago from a major auction house and 2 of the 10 came back trimmed. I also bought a rather expensive card on the BST which was raw but looked fine and had it graded 2-3 years later and it came back from SGC as authentic. You just never know. The best thing to do is to read this board with all the good tips on detecting altered cards, use your experience, try buying a small order first from a new dealer/seller to see how his customer service, packaging, response time, fairness in grading is, and then go from there. There are nice raw cards on ebay which you can pick up at good prices, it just takes a sense of awareness. Good luck!
tbob
Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Justin

Ralph and TBob- great advice and thanks for sharing with me. I guess there really is no way to protect yourself without being educated enough to discern the differences between real and fake/altered. I have a lot to learn about T cards, thanks again for your help!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Justin

Anyone have a history with Stevens Creek Sports Cards? He goes through pretty good detail as to the condition of the cards. For graded examples, these seem to be the best descriptions I've seen! He has 100% positive feedback and has quite a few listed.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yeap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmad View Post
Anyone have a history with Stevens Creek Sports Cards? He goes through pretty good detail as to the condition of the cards. For graded examples, these seem to be the best descriptions I've seen! He has 100% positive feedback and has quite a few listed.
I have bought from them many times with no issues. I don't recall of hearing of any either. Good luck!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have bought from them many times with no issues. I don't recall of hearing of any either. Good luck!!
Thanks for the response! I made my first purchase and can't wait to get it in hand!! I finally get the join the "Pick Up" thread!!