NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 AM
keith janosky

Default Beware of this Hodges ball on Ebay

This guy listed this Gil Hodges single signed ball a few times and last night it ended at 93.00 which should tell you something about it's authenticity. That number was 171378926026. He had a winning bidder at the 93.00 and now he relisted is at 150.00 with a 3 day auction. There was no reserve on it. So the guy that won it at 93.00 looks like he got screwed in more than one way cause it seems like the seller backed out cause in his mind didn't get enough for it so he relisted it. The number on the new listing is 171381682968. Just my opinion but maybe he had his buddies shill bid the ball to get it higher but at 93.00 looks like everyone thought it was fake I don't know but all the way around this looks bad. If anyone on here has contact to Ebay see if this can get pulled so some guy doesn't get screwed again.

Last edited by keithsky; 07-09-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Richard Simon

Ebay has disbanded the EMR team and John Gonzalez has left ebay.
I do not think anyone has any contacts with ebay now to have crap like this removed.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-09-2014, 02:44 PM
keith janosky

Looks like the listing ended. Maybe someone reported the guy and had the listing removed. Awesome
Old 07-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Richard Simon

As far as I know, there really is nobody to report to now.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-09-2014, 05:55 PM
keith janosky

Thanks Richard for the info
Old 07-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Richard Simon

Ebay has gone from benign neglect to totally ignoring autographs and just reaping their commissions.
Let the buyer beware has never been more appropriate.
--
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 PM
kirk welch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ebay has disbanded the EMR team and John Gonzalez has left ebay.
I do not think anyone has any contacts with ebay now to have crap like this removed.
hi richard you are correct , for what they were worth it was ok if certain people could turn something in, i would turn a item in and within 30 minutes it was gone, then somebody turns in a good item i have through the vero program and i get a 3 day listing suspension on the first shot. got a 7 day suspension on a ebay glitch for a duplicate listing that wasnt even a dupe. nice part is just last month my credit card got charged 6500.00 from ebay and that doesnt count pay pal fees . at any point you can search campanella , maris jackie robinson and so many bad signatures even a novice could see it and pull them , at 6500.00 a month my fees alone are around 70-80,000 a year , that would pay for 2 burned out autograph dealers to pooolice the site, got to a point unless it was for somebody i knew that needed help i wouldnt turn anything in , one way street operation my friend
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by khw View Post
hi richard you are correct , for what they were worth it was ok if certain people could turn something in, i would turn a item in and within 30 minutes it was gone, then somebody turns in a good item i have through the vero program and i get a 3 day listing suspension on the first shot. got a 7 day suspension on a ebay glitch for a duplicate listing that wasnt even a dupe. nice part is just last month my credit card got charged 6500.00 from ebay and that doesnt count pay pal fees . at any point you can search campanella , maris jackie robinson and so many bad signatures even a novice could see it and pull them , at 6500.00 a month my fees alone are around 70-80,000 a year , that would pay for 2 burned out autograph dealers to pooolice the site, got to a point unless it was for somebody i knew that needed help i wouldnt turn anything in , one way street operation my friend
This is a gross miscarriage of justice how E-bay treats it best, most trusted sellers. E-bay obviously doesn't miss guys like me who refuse to buy from them after they stopped pulling garbage over a year ago. Why, because there are 10,000 morons that continue to buy nothing but shit. They don't care, they get richer. When I looked the other day, I noticed that 80-90% of the Mantle's are clear cut forgeries. It's sickening. E-bay is just another gigantic conglomerate shoving it in the ass of the general public. The General Public is a stupid as I've seen in my lifetime and I'm no Phi Beta Kappa.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM
keith janosky

Yeah it's totally clear that ebay doesn't care. I'm not trying to single out anyone but as an example I was looking on ebay a couple weeks ago at Prosteins auction and saw a guy bidding that only had 136 feedbacks and when I clicked on his name he had 100 bid retractions so how does a dick head like that get to still bid on ebay if ebay was checking people like that guy would be thrown off in a minute so just goes to show eBay isn't doing any policing of bidders
Old 07-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Kevin R

Ebay has been fighting declining market share as they fail to be competitive in new merchandise markets, as a corporate strategy they have targeted high volume sellers for a privilege roll back. Whether by hiding case opening in all of their subjects for contact after a sale than introducing a new defect rate that they have begun reclaiming the money they lose in the TRS program. Empty box returns are "the cost of doing business" unfortunately they are the only place to do mass liquidations. They as a company have definitely hit their ceiling and will continue looking for new ways to sustain growth that has already peaked.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Perry Lin

Ebay will continue to turn a blind eye as long as people continue to buy garbage like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-HOME-RUN...item2a3fe8ac53
Old 07-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinvestments View Post
Ebay will continue to turn a blind eye as long as people continue to buy garbage like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-HOME-RUN...item2a3fe8ac53
Utter Garbage. banana Mantle to start and loads of crap to finish
Old 07-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Richard Simon

Hey, the ball belonged to the guys father, give him a break
--