NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2018, 08:37 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
At this point.....If I was Joe you would not get anything further from me after your repeated attempts to ruin my reputation among other things. Have a hissy fit all you want but it really is time to move on and let this one go.

Geez its just cards man. This is not life and death.

A little tired of people saying 'its just cards' thats pretty unfair to say...its about someone being dishonest and about money.

lets see you lose $4000 on a deal and have people say....don't worry its just cards..

His deal involved a least a thousand or so....if its not a big deal...why dont one of you people who say 'its just cards' give him the thousand dollars..afterall its just cards and not over much...so should be easy to give it to him...
Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

But the rest of that reply was 1000% spot on. The anger is directed at the wrong people. Andrew and Joe could have ignored the OP from the beginning. Instead they explained the situation and withheld the information they weren’t comfortable sharing. The OP went way overboard with them simply because the original scum seller didn’t engage him. I felt bad for the OP when this was first posted but feel much less sympathetic as this thread progressed. I don’t like the bullying tone the OP took so for someone to say “it’s just cards” isn’t the worst thing to say.

I’d also go on to say that I’d certainly do business with Andrew and Joe if the situation presented itself.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:25 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Posession is 9/10ths of the law. Until the card is in your possession, it isn't yours, unless legally a seller can be forced to complete the sale or be forced to make the buyer whole. The seller can always say it was a pricing error , card is lost, etc and not deliver. Bad business yes, but a 4k or higher loss is a price some people will lose their dignity, or what's left of it, for.

My situation

Sellers lists buy it now for 2500
Says he made a mistake and it was supposed to be an auction

Relists and sellers for 11,000

Now there are specific damages, but apparently Ebay is not enforceable

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-30-2018, 08:20 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
A little tired of people saying 'its just cards' thats pretty unfair to say...its about someone being dishonest and about money.

lets see you lose $4000 on a deal and have people say....don't worry its just cards..

His deal involved a least a thousand or so....if its not a big deal...why dont one of you people who say 'its just cards' give him the thousand dollars..afterall its just cards and not over much...so should be easy to give it to him...
It's a lot different if someone scams you $4000 when they send you an empty box with no card in the package or something similar versus you were about to buy a card $4000 below market price because the seller didn't know better and priced the card incorrectly.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Agree for the most part. Having been there (deal retracted) more than once on a several k deal, it sort of feels the same to me but for a fraction of the time . Just because a "great" deal doesn't happen, doesn't mean you are really out money, out of your pocket. (again, it sort of feels that way but it's not....just check your wallet, money is still there). Receive an empty box and check your wallet, money is gone. Different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
It's a lot different if someone scams you $4000 when they send you an empty box with no card in the package or something similar versus you were about to buy a card $4000 below market price because the seller didn't know better and priced the card incorrectly.

Last edited by Leon; 07-01-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:42 PM
James
James Kin.chen

So, has the OP issued an apology to Joe yet?
Old 07-01-2018, 08:37 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Default Listen and learn

delete............

My momma always said, "If you can't say something nice...."
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 07-01-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Agree for the most part. Having been there (deal retracted) more than once on a several k deal, it sort of feels the same to me but for a fraction of the time . Just because a "great" deal doesn't happen, doesn't mean you are really out money, out of your pocket. (again, it sort of feels that way but it's not....just check your wallet, money is still there). Receive an empty box and check your wallet, money is gone. Different.
Some people make new deals based on completed prior deals so could be out the money. Ie. you bought a card, with expectation of making X profit then take a loan on something based on the gains you will use to pay the loan back. Yes, its an extreme example but just saying you can have less money in your wallet at the end of day in several other possible outcomes. Not so easy.

Still if buy a card and get an empty box, the seller can say 'its just cards' Its about getting ripped off and money (to varying degrees) but in any event, people have a right to vent anger over being ripped off and losing money and being told 'its just cards' is kinda lame to me.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Many times the more you say the less I understand. Sometimes I wonder about your logic. Here, I will make it simple for you.

Too good of a deal that didn't happen- Not good
Someone scamming you out of 4k- worse

I don't see anyone condoning not following through on a deal. I also don't see anyone else with your warped sense of logic.

Quote:
Some people make new deals based on completed prior deals so could be out the money. Ie. you bought a card, with expectation of making X profit then take a loan on something based on the gains you will use to pay the loan back. Yes, its an extreme example but just saying you can have less money in your wallet at the end of day in several other possible outcomes. Not so easy.

Still if buy a card and get an empty box, the seller can say 'its just cards' Its about getting ripped off and money (to varying degrees) but in any event, people have a right to vent anger over being ripped off and losing money and being told 'its just cards' is kinda lame to me.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:01 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Many times the more you say the less I understand. Sometimes I wonder about your logic. Here, I will make it simple for you.

Too good of a deal that didn't happen- Not good
Someone scamming you out of 4k- worse

I don't see anyone condoning not following through on a deal. I also don't see anyone else with your warped sense of logic.
Basically there are different degrees of being ripped off..

When buy a card with Heritage or Mile High, is it your expectation if you get too good deal on an auction they will cancel the sale? Its not like the seller didnt know anything about cards.........

what if it wasnt too good of a deal (why is everyone always giving an extreme example) what if it was just a normal deal, or maybe the buyer thinks he may of gotten or $100 under market but really wanted that card

then he is told the card is torn, but is lied too, then sees it for sale somewhere else which proves the lie. Now he cant buy the card again except by paying $300 more etc....so now hes out the $300....you can be out money different ways is all im saying.....yeah you can come up with too good to be true examples..but there are many other deals that should be legit but the buyer is legit to expect to make a profit.... people do make profits in the hobby..though not many...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-02-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:31 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Some people make new deals based on completed prior deals so could be out the money. Ie. you bought a card, with expectation of making X profit then take a loan on something based on the gains you will use to pay the loan back.
nice try, but "expectation" does not equal "actual", and this "new deal" suggestion is just plain silly.

the only things anyone is "out" in this thread are opportunity, reputation and time.

OP didn't lose any money. He lost an opportunity to get the card, through no fault of his own. disappointing for sure, but the subsequent accusations were way over the line especially if he wouldn't pick up the phone to have the discussion.

if you collect long enough, some version of this is eventually going to happen to you. if you focus on it, you're killing the joy the joy of collecting for yourself.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:48 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

[QUOTE=glchen;1791196]It's a lot different if someone scams you $4000 when they send you an empty box with no card in the package or something similar versus you were about to buy a card $4000 below market price because the seller didn't know better and priced the card incorrectly.[/QUOTE}

Not sure it was $4000 in market price....what amount below 'market' price woud make it ok?

I know back in the housing boom in 2005 etc...people would 'buy' a house and during pending loan approval the house would go up $50k...so the seller would then try to break the contract....... tell the buyer thats not money out of his pocket when the seller finds a way to stiff them.

of course in the end..2008 or so...most people lost......just like what will happenn to the buyers of the 1952 Baritrome