NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Default price guide for programs, yearbooks, scorecards?

Can anyone suggest what they use today to give their programs, yearbooks, scorecards etc. some sort of value to work off of?

I used to have a book years ago that I used but if I found it, it would be out of date. Here, there and under there I have a mixture of such things dating from about the 1920's to the 1980's of different teams, some world series, and all-star, some super bowl as well. Most are baseball, some football, and a few basketballs, most are programs, but its a real mix. I would like to have a current value as I am thinking of selling off my extras as I try to put things together in a better organizational storage.

Doesn't matter if it is a book I can buy, or a monthly value guide or online site, just something that is somewhat accurate.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:28 PM

Ebay completed sales results are a good start.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:27 AM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Ebay completed sales results are a good start.
Thank you, yes I have used that, but they only list those sold in the last year. So there are always ones that are not listed there, even including those for sale. Plus you can't always tell what condition they were on once sold.

Last edited by sportscomicfantasy; 09-09-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot to put in something
Old 09-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Over the years there have been price guides for publications, but that is ancient history. I probably have 4 or 5 different guides but they would not help you at all.

A combination of ebay current items listed, ebay completed items and then finally eBay actual sales should help you out. The current items give you a good indication of the number of items that are in the market and the asking prices. The completed sales will give you an idea what items didn't sell for and obviously the actual sales are the most important. The thing to remember about eBay is that it can be very seasonal (and not just by the calendar). The month of December is usually great. Also, it seems that March and April can be very strong due to tax refunds. The beginning and end of any sport season usually results in higher sales and interest. I have been collecting and selling sports publications for almost 30 years and the market is always changing. Unless you are under duress and need to sell immediately I would start to watch eBay for the items that you are interested in selling and begin to learn what is valuable and what is available in great quantity.

Hope this helps and good luck. If you have a list, I would be happy to review it for you.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 09-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Over the years there have been price guides for publications, but that is ancient history. I probably have 4 or 5 different guides but they would not help you at all.

A combination of ebay current items listed, ebay completed items and then finally eBay actual sales should help you out. The current items give you a good indication of the number of items that are in the market and the asking prices. The completed sales will give you an idea what items didn't sell for and obviously the actual sales are the most important. The thing to remember about eBay is that it can be very seasonal (and not just by the calendar). The month of December is usually great. Also, it seems that March and April can be very strong due to tax refunds. The beginning and end of any sport season usually results in higher sales and interest. I have been collecting and selling sports publications for almost 30 years and the market is always changing. Unless you are under duress and need to sell immediately I would start to watch eBay for the items that you are interested in selling and begin to learn what is valuable and what is available in great quantity.

Hope this helps and good luck. If you have a list, I would be happy to review it for you.

Jeff

Thank you very much for your insite!
Old 09-09-2018, 06:39 AM
M@++ Cyganik

100% what Jeff said. I haven’t been collecting programs too long but from my observations their prices can fluctuate wildly depending on if more than a few collectors spark interest, and as he said by season. I’ve picked up programs for way under my max budget bid, and I’ve seen some programs go for way more than I would have guessed or other similar examples. Unlike cards which many vintage collectors base around grading, programs don’t have a de facto “graded condition” but spark more interest when in good condition and not beat up or torn.

Also it is all in how you market the sale. Part of the fun for me is weeding out historic or important games from sellers who don’t list/know that information, and I often get the programs pretty cheap. When a seller posts the same game with the listed information it usually commands a premium. No Hitter games and milestone/first games attract buyers who are fans of that player/team who might not otherwise collect programs but want something historical from that event.

I mostly stick to baseball, but a general rule of thumb I’ve seen in 2018 is programs from post 1969 don’t sell unless it’s dirt cheap to niche buyers like me looking for a specific cover/game etc. 1950s-1960s maybe average $5-15 depending on team/condition/cover but many sell for $1-2 + shipping. 1930s-1940s go for about $10-15 unless they are rare covers. Anything 1920s or earlier raise significantly on a case by case basis. But again, I’ve seen very common programs sell on Buy It Now for way more than it would go at auction. Never know what buyer needs what.

Hope that helps a little... one day I want to build a baseball program database. If not to determine values but just use as a visual resource for program collectors.