NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Taylor Hamilton

Default Need advice ASAP on PSA ticket grading

Hey guys -

Won this on eBay tonight.... 1932 World Series Game 3 ticket stub, from the game that Ruth called his shot. Has been a holy Grail item for awhile. Of course need to get this graded right away. Would love your opinion on the authenticity and what is best for grading. Should I try and get a numerical grade or just authentic. Any and all input needed and needed ASAP. Thank you!

Taylor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (72.9 KB, 752 views)
Old 05-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Taylor Hamilton

Default Front of ticket

Front of ticket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.6 KB, 764 views)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:13 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

While I am no expert on tickets, it certainly does appear to have the correct aging characteristics.

I have to ask, why did you spend over $2k on an item without a firm knowledge of it's authenticity? I don't understand why people don't ask before they buy stuff.

Lastly, I am not sure why you feel you NEED to get it graded right away. Grading certainly an option, but it's certainly not needed. Unless you think it's going to get some really high numerical grade, not sure you need to spend the extra money for a number.

It's a great ticket. Enjoy.
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 05-30-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
While I am no expert on tickets, it certainly does appear to have the correct aging characteristics.

I have to ask, why did you spend over $2k on an item without a firm knowledge of it's authenticity? I don't understand why people don't ask before they buy stuff.

Lastly, I am not sure why you feel you NEED to get it graded right away. Grading certainly an option, but it's certainly not needed. Unless you think it's going to get some really high numerical grade, not sure you need to spend the extra money for a number.

It's a great ticket. Enjoy.
Mark
I would completely agree with Mark on this. In my mind the only reason to grade a ticket with a numerical score is if you felt that it would score very high (8-10) and you planned to resell it.

BTW, if you ever do resell it, the auction house will pay to have it PSA graded before putting it in their auction, which begs the question, why spend your hard earned cash now?
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 AM
Taylor Hamilton

Both valid points. I did some extensive research before I bid. In my opinion there are multiple benefits to grade, especially right away. 1) if for any reason it comes back as questions authenticity I can get my money back via the sellers 30 day money back guarantee, 2) the slab is a good way to preserve and protect the ticket and 3) the grade on this ticket is important as very few have been graded and even fewer have been graded a specific grade. This specimen in my opinion could get a nice grade.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:38 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Hamilton View Post
1) if for any reason it comes back as questions authenticity I can get my money back via the sellers 30 day money back guarantee,
Fair enough. Still why spend that much on something you aren't sure of, but it's your money. So spend it as you wish

Quote:
2) the slab is a good way to preserve and protect the ticket
True, but so is any $5 hard plastic case.

Quote:
3) the grade on this ticket is important as very few have been graded and even fewer have been graded a specific grade. This specimen in my opinion could get a nice grade.
Again, grade doesn't matter at all unless you plan to sell it now. As Scott said, when you go to sell it most large AHs, will get it slabbed and graded before selling it. I would keep keep the money to spend on other stuff. BTW, from a quick search, it appears that you set a new price record for a ticket from this game. Being that it sold for even more than any slabbed version I could find ever has and had at least 4 bidders above 2K, not sure the slab does add a whole lot more value.

Ultimately, it's your money. Spend it as you will and be happy.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I have some recent experience having World series Tickets graded (None this expensive) but a 36, 41, etc. and The criteria is similar to cards so if it looks like a 6 it's a 4 .... Had Much nicer looking Tickets than this one come back 4. Edges are rough on this one and if there is 1 crease then a 2 is best you can expect. Just trying to help and set expectations the others that responded are much more knowledgeable about Tickets than me. (I would say you got 80 years plus of ticket knowledge respond already to this thread) Best of Luck
Jonathan
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Hey guys - Of course need to get this graded right away.
Taylor
WHY? Will anything PSA says change what this is? It's a genuine ticket to the game. It sat in someone's pocket when Ruth did--or didn't--call his shot. You can see it's in great condition.
Why piss money away?
Old 05-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Both valid points. I did some extensive research before I bid. In my opinion there are multiple benefits to grade, especially right away. 1) if for any reason it comes back as questions authenticity I can get my money back via the sellers 30 day money back guarantee, 2) the slab is a good way to preserve and protect the ticket and 3) the grade on this ticket is important as very few have been graded and even fewer have been graded a specific grade. This specimen in my opinion could get a nice grade.
This is why PSA spends so much on advertising.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-30-2016, 04:38 PM

Default Ticket grading

FWIW, I've never felt any need to grade mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruth Called shot ticket stub, front.jpg (72.9 KB, 619 views)
File Type: jpg Ruth Called shot ticket stub, back.jpg (71.2 KB, 614 views)
Old 05-30-2016, 04:39 PM
keith janosky

Like it's been said many times before it's all about the holder. The condition of the ticket isn't going to change one bit because it says PSA. People are so obsessed about having something say PSA or JSA in a holder. Sure you can get more money with an item in a holder then not but collectors made it that way by being brainwashed it has to say PSA or JSA
Old 05-30-2016, 05:49 PM
Andrew

Looks like a psa 3 to me...
Rounded edges and corners...
I have a feeling you will be very disappointed if you are looking for a high grade on this ticket...
Andy
Old 05-30-2016, 06:35 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

They grade tickets just like cards. Unless it looks like it was just cut out with a laser don't bother. Because when you resell something that is graded a 3 it will probably sell for less then an ungraded stub. MOST ticket collectors have no time for grading tickets. There is not a lot of forged tickets out there to begin with. Honestly I've never seen one. Maybe they exist though...

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 06-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default grading

Hi my name is David
I am an actual PSA consultant when it pertains to Regular Season Yankee Tickets , in my opinion you should 10000% get this slabbed by PSA and no other company please regardless of price savings
to make sure it is authentic , I was watching this ticket on sell on ebay
I personally know two of the bidders you were up against they would know it was real hence their bids , I give it a 999.9 % of being real however as far as condition by the looks of the ticket it has some rounded corners maybe a possible dinged corner, soiled slightly round the edges but I cannot tell if it has any wrinkles or creases based on none of these issues it would come back as a VG 2 maybe a VG 3 but not much higher they grade by the same strict standards as a Baseball card
FYI you have to pay a $100 extra to get it done in ten working days, also the valuation for insurance based in price paid
for $50 it is 45 working days which actually can take longer
bottom line your into it for nearly 3 grand so for a couple of hundred more
its slabbed in tamper evident casing you then can show it to your to whoever with out fear of being damaged or mishandled , what ever you do not put it in a screw down plastic holder , any questions contact me
thanks David
Old 06-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default grading

I also forgot to mention
for all those people that say do not waste your money on getting a ticket slabbed especially by PSA
look at completed sales , the top 500 highest prices paid for ticket stubs
in the USA in the last 5 years have been slabbed 95% by PSA
and a 100% of the top 150 , I guess the naysayers no less than the general public
Old 06-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
I also forgot to mention
for all those people that say do not waste your money on getting a ticket slabbed especially by PSA
and a 100% of the top 150 , I guess the naysayers no less than the general public
Can you post a list of the Top 150, I'd be curious to see it?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Chris

Quote:
I also forgot to mention
Please post your name if you are going to be giving an opinion about a company. Also, if you know two of the top under bidders on this, and you feel confident that they know it is real, why does it need to be graded to determine it is real?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Hi my name is David
I am an actual PSA consultant when it pertains to Regular Season Yankee Tickets , in my opinion you should 10000% get this slabbed by PSA and no other company please
Gee... A guy who works for PSA grading tickets says it's an absolute must that this ticket be graded, and graded by nobody but PSA.

I'm shocked.

(My name is David, too.)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

This one graded by SGC did pretty good ($14,340.00), so curious to see the 150 that did better than it.

http://sports.ha.com/itm/basketball/...ription-071515

and this ungraded by anyone didn't do too bad $11,352,.50

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...ription-071515

but again curious to see the 150 that beat these guys.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:08 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

David(Megalimey).

I see you seem to think that there is a lot of value in grading. It's not surprising that you do, considering you work for the company that provides the service and would probably be out of a job if nobody used the service.

Your example about all those high end tickets is pretty misleading as most of the major auction houses will automatically send high end tickets, cards, and autos to be slabbed and graded. If all the major auction houses send tickets in for grading and all the high end tickets get sold through the biggest auction houses, it stands to reason that most of the tickets with the highest realized prices will be slabbed. Unfortunately, for you, that doesn't prove that the slab actually impacted the price. This specific ticket proves this point exactly. This 32 WS ticket was auctioned, without a slab/cert, not in a major auction house, and still sold for more than any comparable ticket I could find in any condition. If slabbing is so important, I am curious as to how you would then explain this? Why didn't the others that were slabbed sell for so much more?

Taylor,
You can find plenty of ticket specific screw downs that will protect it just fine without having to give a TPA $50-100 to tell you that a ticket you know to be real is real. I am just flabbergasted at how people have been brainwashed to think that slabbing somehow universally makes things better or more valuable.
Mark

Last edited by Lordstan; 06-03-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:12 PM
keith janosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Gee... A guy who works for PSA grading tickets says it's an absolute must that this ticket be graded, and graded by nobody but PSA.

I'm shocked.

(My name is David, too.)
I agree with you Dave. The guy works for PSA and is probably on the payroll by them and surprisingly he says you should get tickets graded and slabbed. Now that's funny
Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I agree with you Dave. The guy works for PSA and is probably on the payroll by them and surprisingly he says you should get tickets graded and slabbed. Now that's funny
Bad enough they advertise a lot,, do they need a shill on Net54?
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-03-2016, 03:51 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Heres the deal, I sell tickets all the time in big auction houses. I send them in for the auction and they insist on having them PSA graded. So almost all the stubs that go into big auctions get graded by PSA. Not my choice, theirs. So thats why all the top selling stubs are all PSA graded, the auction houses insist on it. I think its so it takes all the responsibilty off of them. After its slabbed and graded they put it in the catalog with PSA's description. Psa said it's real, PSA said it NMT, etc.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Old 06-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Robert Klevens

FWIW, this ticket authenticated by PSA experts is upside down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2016-06-03_17-58-30.jpg (79.6 KB, 424 views)
Old 06-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Golly

I am not a ticket guy, but I have one

I keep it in a screw down along with receipts from both the Larsen and Berra autographs, that I obtained after purchasing the ticket. I do not have a receipt from PSA, nor do I plan to get one.

Are there any skeptics about authenticity?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 06-03-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Heaven knows I've been rough as hell on PSA over the years but I found there was indeed value added in ticket slabbing. I picked up a semi-tough Muhammad Ali ticket at a show, raw, had PSA encapsulate it, and was able to sell it for a lot more than I paid. I don't think it would have sold as well had it remained raw.

I also had a very difficult but delicate basketball ticket encapsulated for protection, so there's that aspect to consider too. If something is very small, delicate or oversized, I tend to get them into some kind of slab just for my (mis)handling peace of mind.

That said, I'd wait for a special to get it done.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Heaven knows I've been rough as hell on PSA over the years but I found there was indeed value added in ticket slabbing. I picked up a semi-tough Muhammad Ali ticket at a show, raw, had PSA encapsulate it, and was able to sell it for a lot more than I paid. I don't think it would have sold as well had it remained raw.

I also had a very difficult but delicate basketball ticket encapsulated for protection, so there's that aspect to consider too. If something is very small, delicate or oversized, I tend to get them into some kind of slab just for my (mis)handling peace of mind.

That said, I'd wait for a special to get it done.
A perfect example of the power of advertising.
--
Old 06-03-2016, 06:20 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

With regards to that '31 Japanese Tour ticket - why the heck didn't they just say "we have no idea what it is so we're not authenticating it" instead of encase it upside down? That's just inexcusable and very embarrassing.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Robert Klevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
With regards to that '31 Japanese Tour ticket - why the heck didn't they just say "we have no idea what it is so we're not authenticating it" instead of encase it upside down? That's just inexcusable and very embarrassing.
Great question, I have seen numerous PSA mistakes regarding cards and memorabilia. I get the feeling they really don't care.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

In the Japanese ticket I don't think it's that they don't care - it's that they didn't KNOW, which I find much more troubling.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Taylor, I'd just get the ticket graded by PSA. As you said, if there are questions on authenticity, you can return it via ebay. I think you have 30 days via ebay to return, but even longer on Paypal. And if you used AMEX to pay, you practically have 6 months to a year, I believe.

Although other posters have stated that if you send the ticket to an AH, they will grade it for you, often times, the AH will still charge you for grading the ticket. (If you have a huge consignment, they may waive this charge.) If you grade the ticket yourself, you have more options. You can go private sale, list it on ebay yourself via BIN, etc, and of course, still go to the AH, if needed. Moreover, if you accidentally step in front of a bus, your loved ones will more likely know that what you have is a ticket of some value if it is encapsulated. Otherwise, they may just think it's scrap paper and toss it.

Ultimately it is up to you. There are many, many long time collectors that are very comfortable having very valuable items raw. They know exactly what they have, and if they ever want to sell it, they know what to do. It's all in what you decide is best for yourself.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default slab or not slab

THE LAY MAN /SLASH RICH COLLECTOR of tickets
likes to display there items being slabbed allows that, unlike the OLD school collector who stuffs them away in a box loosy goose , eventually dying and leaving no clue as to their value , family member sell them for pennies on the dollar , as they look like nothing special in an old scrapbook or in a cigar box
Slabbing tickets just like slabbing a Mantle rookie card is for the time it eventually gets sold long or soon after your dead , its about preserving the condition , would you by a 1851 Gold coin for more money Raw unslabbed
or a PCGS graded coin I know where I would spend my money
I agree there are very few fake tickets if any , but the new to the Hobby does not know that , and this are where the hobby is heading Up scale man caves
who have deep pockets
so can you just except this is where the high end part of the hobby is heading
there are a sprinkling of raw tickets sold for thousands verses 10s of thousands
sold for $1000s so obviously you non believers are in the very small minority
Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 PM
$cotty @.utin

Quote:
likes to display there items being slabbed allows that, unlike the OLD school collector who stuffs them away in a box loosy goose , eventually dying and leaving no clue as to their value , family member sell them for pennies on the dollar , as they look like nothing special in an old scrapbook or in a cigar box
Slabbing tickets just like slabbing a Mantle rookie card is for the time it eventually gets sold long or soon after your dead , its about preserving the condition , would you by a 1851 Gold coin for more money Raw unslabbed
I agree there are very few fake tickets if any , but the new to the Hobby does not know that , and this are where the hobby is heading Up scale man caves
who have deep pockets
there are a sprinkling of raw tickets sold for thousands verses 10s of thousands
I feel like I just witnessed something spectacular

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default slabbed verses unslabbed

check out heritage Auction ticket archives last 12 months
top highest 1-38 results
highest price $67,000 - $6,000 PSA slabbed top 32 out 38
were PSA 2 SGC
sure for one RAW ticket that sells for over 10 grand there are two that sell for that Slabbed
Old 06-04-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
top highest 1-38 results
were PSA 2 SGC
sure for one RAW ticket that sells for over 10 grand there are two that sell for that Slabbed
You don't pay attention, do you, David?
These tickets were slabbed because Heritage required it.
In general, the highest prices for memorabilia are garnered by the big auction houses.
The big auction houses have the tickets they offer slabbed.
Ergo, slabbed tickets bring the highest prices.

But--and it is a very large but--here is NO DATA which implies that unslabbed tickets would not do just as well at these auctions.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
who have deep pockets
If I had a dollar for every grammatical and logical error in this post I could afford to get all my tickets slabbed.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
You don't pay attention, do you, David?
These tickets were slabbed because Heritage required it.
In general, the highest prices for memorabilia are garnered by the big auction houses.
The big auction houses have the tickets they offer slabbed.
Ergo, slabbed tickets bring the highest prices.

But--and it is a very large but--here is NO DATA which implies that unslabbed tickets would not do just as well at these auctions.
+1 Loosey goose vote

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-04-2016 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
If I had a dollar for every grammatical and logical error in this post I could afford to get all my tickets slabbed.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:44 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I think we have winner for the award for the least sensical and most grammatically incorrect post ever.

This type of post certainly helps to explain all the mistakes PSA makes. If they hire people who can't do something as basic as write the English language correctly, what should we really expect from them in the terms of quality?

I always love it when people keep regurgitating the fantasy that because you don't slab stuff that somehow it will sell for pennies on the dollar. I realize it is incomprehensible to some that an "old" school collector could actually speak to their family before they died about their collection or, God forbid, could have even taken a few minutes to write out some instructions for selling the stuff after they are gone...Nah. What I am thinking? Of course, us old school collectors don't have or don't speak with our families.

Also I was just wondering, does slabbing come with some sort of guarantee that an unscrupulous dealer won't try to rip off my family who tries to sell slabbed items?

Perhaps, those who constantly regale in stories of the sale power of slabbing should just look at the example of this very auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Chicago...kAAOSwbPxXQbRT
They might want to read the description.
Parting with the ticket shown, as shown. The ticket was obtained from the area estate of an avid collector and game attendee who had saved items from the early 1900's forward. Ungraded.

OMG!!! It came out of an estate with no slabbing! Gee, I wonder how it is possible that it sold for $2850 when a board member's comparable slabbed version sold for $400 less, just 2mo earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-World-S...sAAOSwyjBW5gT2

I wonder if the people from the Black Rock find feel like they sold their items for pennies on the dollar? Hmm. They were stored in a old shoebox. It's too bad their condition wasn't preserved. They might have made so much more money if they had been slabbed 20yrs ago. It would've been a great investment.

Quote:
who have deep pockets

Last edited by Lordstan; 06-04-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:10 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

Which would you prefer? (The display not the actual tickets) I don't think the PSA slab adds anything to display value. Just my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500hr2nd.jpg (37.7 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg 500hrgoldin.jpg (73.0 KB, 377 views)

Old 06-04-2016, 08:14 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Agreed Randall.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:24 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

OK, I love this one. The first picture is of a raw, ungraded Mickey Mantle debut ticket I sold on Ebay more than 10 years ago. I managed to get a tad over $4000 for it. The second photo is of LeLands auction for the SAME ticket in 2014. Not so much...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantle1stgamestub.jpg (36.2 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg mantle1stlelands.jpg (77.8 KB, 407 views)

Old 06-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Greg Hooper

As someone who recently began collecting tickets I believe there are benefits other than adding value to the tickets when getting tickets graded. One of my favorite things to do is go into my basement and put the Braves game on and thumb through my collection (this year my cards/tickets are more interesting than the Braves ). In my opinion it is a must to label the holder with the significance of ticket, and my OCD kicks in when I have some cards in PSA holders and some cards in Card Saver 5s. I would just assume have them all in the same holder. Plus with the registry and digital albums I am able to scan pictures and view my collection at work or when I am out in a nice format.

This being said most of my tickets are under $100, and there is no way I am paying $25 per ticket to get them graded. I do enjoy the benefits I listed above but if I decided to sell my tickets I would never recoup the grading fees. I am not sure why there is such a premium for tickets vs cards but this will prevent me from seriously converting my ticket collection into PSA holders.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 AM

"This being said most of my tickets are under $100, and there is no way I am paying $25 per ticket to get them graded. I do enjoy the benefits I listed above but if I decided to sell my tickets I would never recoup the grading fees. I am not sure why there is such a premium for tickets vs cards but this will prevent me from seriously converting my ticket collection into PSA holders"

Precisely

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-04-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I think we have winner for the award for the least sensical and most grammatically incorrect post ever.

This type of post certainly helps to explain all the mistakes PSA makes. If they hire people who can't do something as basic as write the English language correctly, what should we really expect from them in the terms of quality?

I always love it when people keep regurgitating the fantasy that because you don't slab stuff that somehow it will sell for pennies on the dollar. I realize it is incomprehensible to some that an "old" school collector could actually speak to their family before they died about their collection or, God forbid, could have even taken a few minutes to write out some instructions for selling the stuff after they are gone...Nah. What I am thinking? Of course, us old school collectors don't have or don't speak with our families.

Also I was just wondering, does slabbing come with some sort of guarantee that an unscrupulous dealer won't try to rip off my family who tries to sell slabbed items?

Perhaps, those who constantly regale in stories of the sale power of slabbing should just look at the example of this very auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Chicago...kAAOSwbPxXQbRT
They might want to read the description.
Parting with the ticket shown, as shown. The ticket was obtained from the area estate of an avid collector and game attendee who had saved items from the early 1900's forward. Ungraded.

OMG!!! It came out of an estate with no slabbing! Gee, I wonder how it is possible that it sold for $2850 when a board member's comparable slabbed version sold for $400 less, just 2mo earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-World-S...sAAOSwyjBW5gT2

I wonder if the people from the Black Rock find feel like they sold their items for pennies on the dollar? Hmm. They were stored in a old shoebox. It's too bad their condition wasn't preserved. They might have made so much more money if they had been slabbed 20yrs ago. It would've been a great investment.
+++
--
Old 06-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
top highest 1-38 results
were PSA 2 SGC
Simple question - How many of the 32 PSA slabs were paid for by Heritage?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Brad

Quote:
...in my opinion you should 10000% get this slabbed by PSA and no other company...
I don’t generally take any advice that is given with only 10,000 % certainty. My closest friends and advisors never give me anything less than 14,000-15,000 % probability, and sometimes my wife will even go as high as 20,000 % on her advice.

Quote:
...I give it a 999.9 % of being real...
Until today, I didn't know someone could be more than one hundred percent confident of something being authentic. With that said, nine hundred ninety-nine point nine percent seems pretty amazing, so I'll take your word for it...anything that is 10 times higher than the previously-known maximum is good enough for me.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
Which would you prefer? (The display not the actual tickets) I don't think the PSA slab adds anything to display value. Just my opinion.
The reason the psa one is very weak is the use of season passes and not actual stubs from the games...
True collector needs a stub from the game not just the season pass...
Andy
Old 06-04-2016, 08:06 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenks3378 View Post
The reason the psa one is very weak is the use of season passes and not actual stubs from the games...
True collector needs a stub from the game not just the season pass...
Andy
I know but I was making the claim that the PSA cases are just plain ugly on a display.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
I know but I was making the claim that the PSA cases are just plain ugly on a display.
How True!!
--