NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Yastrzemski Sports Yastrzemski Sports is online now
Adam Yastrzemski
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cooperstown, NY
Posts: 246
Default

They also seem to have a large supply of 2009 Harper autos, 2000 Kobe autos, 2003 mays autos, 1992 Ali autos, 1997 mays autos, 2001 Unitas autos, 2001 starr autos, 2003 pujols autos and 2000 Skybox Brady rookies to go along with the Jeter autos and 2017 judge blank back cards. Looks like thousands $$ per month in sales.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:55 PM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
They also seem to have a large supply of 2009 Harper autos, 2000 Kobe autos, 2003 mays autos, 1992 Ali autos, 1997 mays autos, 2001 Unitas autos, 2001 starr autos, 2003 pujols autos and 2000 Skybox Brady rookies to go along with the Jeter autos and 2017 judge blank back cards. Looks like thousands $$ per month in sales.
Yes they do, Adam.

I noticed the Ali on a so-called Classic card.

Thank you for the input, Adam.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Yastrzemski Sports Yastrzemski Sports is online now
Adam Yastrzemski
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Cooperstown, NY
Posts: 246
Default

I have a personal stake in this. I purchased a card from them in early 2017. Here’s the receipt for $105 attached. This was 2 years ago.

I put the card away for a couple of months and didn’t think much of it since it was a pack certified card. Never crossed my mind that it wasn’t real until I took the card to BGS a couple of months later. They returned it to me and I was shocked. It was already past the date of possible return so I just wrote it off as a loss. It has nagged me ever since.

The timing of your post couldn’t be any more perfect. That card sat on a shelf in my store until today. I received a call this afternoon from the Hall of Fame. They are putting together a card exhibit and wanted an example of a counterfeit card to put in it. I dropped off the card with the rejection from BGS. I hope they put this card in their exhibit for everyone to see. It helps to put me at ease when I think that some good will come from it and I can consider it a donation to education.

Thank you for your post and your work on this matter. I am new to the boards but this is one of the reasons I joined. After seeing Mannys work with the T206 autos I thought this was a good place to keep up with the hobby and maybe add a thing or two. You have done a great amount of good in bringing this to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Yes they do, Adam.

I noticed the Ali on a so-called Classic card.

Thank you for the input, Adam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C9F2734-AC73-4767-809B-E4F145269120.jpg (19.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 2AA09932-63C6-4AB5-BA3A-18FE4FE9B2F0.jpg (19.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg B34E7C97-6AA5-4C39-914D-B20214E676EF.jpg (19.5 KB, 90 views)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:27 AM
chalupacollects chalupacollects is online now
Ti.m H.
Tim Hu,nt
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 436
Default

Seems most of the links above are showing NY/NJ sellers....to me looks like a little den of thieves now...
__________________
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat and scottglevy so far.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:19 AM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
I have a personal stake in this. I purchased a card from them in early 2017. Here’s the receipt for $105 attached. This was 2 years ago.

I put the card away for a couple of months and didn’t think much of it since it was a pack certified card. Never crossed my mind that it wasn’t real until I took the card to BGS a couple of months later. They returned it to me and I was shocked. It was already past the date of possible return so I just wrote it off as a loss. It has nagged me ever since.

The timing of your post couldn’t be any more perfect. That card sat on a shelf in my store until today. I received a call this afternoon from the Hall of Fame. They are putting together a card exhibit and wanted an example of a counterfeit card to put in it. I dropped off the card with the rejection from BGS. I hope they put this card in their exhibit for everyone to see. It helps to put me at ease when I think that some good will come from it and I can consider it a donation to education.

Thank you for your post and your work on this matter. I am new to the boards but this is one of the reasons I joined. After seeing Mannys work with the T206 autos I thought this was a good place to keep up with the hobby and maybe add a thing or two. You have done a great amount of good in bringing this to light.
Holy smokes, Adam--Thanks for posting that.

I had no idea these forged Jeter cards were around that long.

I've observed those forgeries on Ebay here and there, but being so involved in the Florida Forgeries, I really didn't pay attention until recently when I would notice four and five listed at one time by various NJ/NY sellers.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 AM
7nohitter's Avatar
7nohitter 7nohitter is offline
Member
And.rew Mil.ler
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,395
Default

Again, this is scary.

I'd be fooled by all of these pieces of garbage.
__________________
Working on the 1957 Topps set.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Again, this is scary.

I'd be fooled by all of these pieces of garbage.
Sure is, Andrew.

And eventually, the buyers of those Jeter forged cards are going to discover they own forged counterfeit cards.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:41 AM
Mr. Zipper Mr. Zipper is offline
Steve Zarelli
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
Seems most of the links above are showing NY/NJ sellers....to me looks like a little den of thieves now...
A ring in northern NJ that apparently has access to a commercial printing press.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:52 AM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
A ring in northern NJ that apparently has access to a commercial printing press.
Most likely.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 AM
thetruthisoutthere thetruthisoutthere is offline
Christopher Williams
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,552
Default

This forged Jeter was sold by Ebay seller Lyonhrt777.

First, the auction itself and then a screenshot of the Negative Feedback posted by the buyer and then the reply from the seller.

Unbelievable.



lyon777Jeter-1.jpg


lyon777Jeter-2.JPG
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OT: ESPN Derek Jeter: His Career in Cards HOF Auto Rookies Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 09-26-2014 03:43 PM
Derek Jeter GAI Forgeries Ebay Seller ulen-4 livforme eeobe08 starry-night-sports thetruthisoutthere Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 0 03-02-2012 07:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


ebay GSB