NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Default Delay in USPS Standard Post

A package was shipped to me from New England on May 29 via USPS standard post, and it has yet to arrive (I live in the Los Angeles area). It was scanned in at the drop off post office location but has not been scanned since (no surprise there --USPS is horrible at scanning). For those who ship a lot via USPS, is this something out of the ordinary? Have the recent storms slowed down the snail even more?

Thanks--Jay
Old 06-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Dave

It's pretty normal lately.

2-3 weeks is not out of the ordinary nowadays, storms or no storms.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Standard post is slow, and often misses intermediate scans.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Cain J.

I ship a lot and sometimes the package will disappear for 5-7 business days and show up at another sort facility or the post office is suppose to be at randomly. I wouldn't worry yet it happens a lot.

Last edited by insccollectibles; 06-08-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-08-2015, 02:54 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Someone on one of these threads suggested using the option to have all tracking info changes e-mailed. When I do that, packages that were stuck seem to become unstuck. It really seems to work well.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 06-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Tom Boblitt

You can also get tracking info changes texted to your phone. I use it often to alert me when things are delivered to my UPS Store mailbox. The post office has come a long way on scanning but intermediate scanning is not one of their strong suits. At UPS (and FedEx) we do a better job linking scans to a bag or container which is then linked to a trailer or larger container and then to a plane. A lot easier to just push a button on a whole plane or whole container than it is to individually scan hundreds or thousands of individual packages inside of a container. They will get there sometime. Adding 'free' tracking to all packages now....a new development as of the last month or so.....will go a long way towards having the USPS keep up with items. I wouldn't worry too much but I would assume that Standard from coast to coast shouldn't be much more than 6-7 days. Our ground service coast to coast is typically 5 days. Good luck..............

Last edited by autograf; 06-09-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:19 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Ed--LOL, I signed up for tracking after your post and the package showed up at the Pasadena PO this morning. Coincidence, who knows?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Someone on one of these threads suggested using the option to have all tracking info changes e-mailed. When I do that, packages that were stuck seem to become unstuck. It really seems to work well.
That was me! and it really does work.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2015, 10:04 AM
ErikV

Default Re: Delay in USPS Standard Post

I had a similar incident occur not that long ago. I purchased some cards from
someone in Southern Orange County, California on February 19th. I live 50 miles
away in Los Angeles County. I FINALLY received the package May 26th, a full
3 MONTHS later! It does seem to me that the USPS has gotten worse as of late.

The only thing I could say to you is just be patient. It'll show up eventually.

ErikV
Old 06-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I got a package last week that had shown no movement in the system, and when it finally came it had a sticky note saying "scanned repeatedly, system wouldn't take." So maybe they're trying.