NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default brent huigens prewarcardcollector on ebay

anyone deal with them?
u talk about BS auctions
recent ebay auction 49 doby psa 7 smr 300 sells for 464
1 month later he relists the card...tells me hibidder didnt pay also underbiider at 459 and 389 didnt want it
ok...this morning the new hi bidder was the same guy that "didnt pay" the 1st time
check a run of his past auctions..... has dozens of cards that he allegedly sold and miraculously he still owns them...ebay has been contacted and will investigate why he keeps reselling the same cards that he sold
he tells me i should mind my own business....hes probably right but...........
larry

Last edited by sflayank; 03-30-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

uh-oh, not good to hear, I have noticed his hi sale prices however

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
anyone deal with them?
u talk about BS auctions
recent ebay auction 49 doby psa 7 smr 300 sells for 464
1 month later he relists the card...tells me hibidder didnt pay also underbiider at 459 and 389 didnt want it
ok...this morning the new hi bidder was the same guy that "didnt pay" the 1st time
check a run of his past auctions..... has dozens of cards that he allegedly sold and miraculously he still owns them...ebay has been contacted and will investigate why he keeps reselling the same cards that he sold
he tells me i should mind my own business....hes probably right but...........
larry
I know he takes consignings... I don't collect cards, so i've never dealt with him. Here's his site though: http://www.pwccauctions.com/

Last edited by mschwade; 03-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:09 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

I have bought many cards from brent huigens, all without issues. As far as what his prices bring, my god just look at goodwin, rea, mile high auctions and what their prices have been bringing. As far as selling the same cards, that's an issue that is separate all together......
Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

I have bot a few, no problems what-so-ever.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Tim M

I have bought many cards from pwcc in the past and ever had a problem. They do seem get really good prices for their consignors at times.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

The bid on the re-listed card was cancelled a few hours before your post. Also, that bidding accounts activity with this seller only accounts for 5% of his bids, much less that would be expected from a shill bidding account.

As for the underbidders not wanting the card on second chance offers, I can count on one hand the number of times I have had an underbidder accept a second-chance offer. Most just assume that the seller was bidding up their own items and won't take the offer regardless of the price.

To me, this sounds more like a disgruntled bidder who didn't like how high the bids went the first time around. I wouldn't convict the guy based on this one instance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (17.1 KB, 371 views)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:38 PM

I can say, from many previous buying experiences with him, that Brent is top-notch. He's honest, offers accurate descriptions, ships quickly, and will offer a return if he misses something in the description.

He sells many cards, and with eBay's policies these days it is easier and easier for buyers to simply back out after winning an auction with buyer's remorse as their only excuse.

Finally, if you check the bid history of the Doby card in question, you'll see that Brent has cancelled the bid of the "non-payer" from last time....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110850649369

€hû¢k Wölƒƒ

Last edited by CW; 03-30-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Lance beat me to it... :)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default ebay seller

im not disgruntled bidder at all..ive won many cards from him
the fact is however that he has dozens of cards on ebay that hes previously sold
not just this one card...and he has the alleged hi bidders that never paid bidding in his auctions...this isnt one instance
its a pattern of unusual activity
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

sflayank, I wasn't referring to you with the "disgruntled bidder" remark. Perhaps "buyer's remorse" would have been a better phrase for me to use in referring to the bidder who didn't pay the first time around and then bid again when the card was offered the second time.

If you're going to call someone out on a pattern of questionable bidding though, please show more than one example. This goes for Brent or any other seller. If there truly are dozens of examples, it should be easy to compile a list of item numbers.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:53 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

I only purchased from him twice, both smooth transactions.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Pete Sycks

He always ships fast. No problems here.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:49 PM
PWCC Marketplace

Default PWCC Checking in...

Generally speaking, we tend to avoid over-involving ourselves in the message boards as we feel the collecting community has the right to voice its opinion(s) freely. The message boards are a critically important and valuable aspect of the hobby, and at times, the policing conducted by message board members is the most powerful check-and-balance we have in the hobby.

That said, I do feel the need to respond occasionally when a particular post crosses over from an opinion, into becoming an accusation. In these cases, I feel we (as the accused) have a right to defend ourselves.

In the case of the ’49 Doby RC we have listed in the current auction, the original post is correct that this card was originally listed in our prior Feb auction. However, the accusation that shill bidding was somehow behind the relist is completely false. The additional accusation that this item is somehow part of a larger trend involving ‘dozens of items’ is completely unfounded.

Bottom line, we sell many items and, yes, a small fraction of items do go often go unpaid. We do attempt to sell to under bidders, but this is rarely successful so most unpaid items are relisted in the next auction. This does not mean that every item we relist is the result of an elaborate shill bidding enterprise. The morality of this entire hobby rests largely on the integrity and honesty of the dealers and auction houses who broker the collectibles. We pride ourselves on being one of the few venues bidders/collectors can trust unconditionally. Accusations of shill bidding and/or other acts of impropriety are not taken lightly, which is why we’ve issued this response.

--------------------------------------------

P.S. I do greatly thank the original poster for bringing to our attention that the high bidder from the Feb auction had shamelessly placed a bid on the relisted item. That bid has been canceled, and that eBay user ID is now blocked from further bidding.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 PM
KWT

I have won a couple of his auctions and both times have been extremely pleased with the purchase.I got a great deal on a PSA5 N28 and i usually look forward to his ebay auctions.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Dave

I picked up a couple of cards from him in the last month, I believe I was the only bidder each time
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 AM

I'm just jealous because I can never afford anything in his auctions!!! And he usually has top-notch items....
Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Thanks

Brent, kudos for you to giving the actual accounts of the transaction. It has been a pleasure purchasing from you over the years and look forward to seeing you in Baltimore if you are making the trip.