NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-13-2019, 04:51 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Thanks guys. Not sure why it’s so rare, my guess is that it was make my a local company or something. The style and font of the scroll is not something I recognize.

The pennant did have about a dozen rusty staples in it, to “fix” the crooked threading in the back, but I took them out and it looks much better.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:55 AM

So to each of you ... do you have a pennant that, despite not being anywhere near your oldest or most valuable, is simply your favorite? Whether it is for its appearance or back story ... let’s hear and see!
Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Rob

So hard to pick one favorite...

I suppose it's this for me. The first pennant I ever bought...somewhere around 1995...and the one that started the obsession. I've never seen another one.

image host

But if I had to pick a favorite college pennant...

image host

Favorite non-NFL...

image host

Favorite "Modern"...

image host

Favorite Baseball...

image host

And then these three "favorites"...That I've been chasing for years but have never caught. The Rams and Falcons have slipped past me more times than I can count and for excruciatingly reasonable prices. I am pennant repellent to these three. The Go GO Gabriel, I've never even seen a clean picture of.

image host
image hostimage host

One thing I've noticed over the years...I'm drawn to pennants with the color orange in them...Bengals, Browns, Orioles, Princeton, Bucs...especially orange and black. They just appeal to me. If they have a cat graphic even better (apparently). Not sure why this is...maybe because I graduated from Middletown High School and we were the Tigers. You can guess our color scheme. I really don't think about my high school days much...but it's a theory.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:23 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Beautiful pennants Rob...

Did not know that the Go-Go Gabriel even existed. Will keep an eye out at the National for all three of those. A longshot, I know...

As for my favorite pennant.... I've tried, but cannot pick just one. I think it changes every day. I guess (regardless of rarity, value and age) it would be the Reds Stadium Pennant with Mr. Red flying on a bat above Crosley Field. The detail is amazing, the subject matter is magical, and it pictures Crosley Field (where I attended my first-ever game with my Dad).

Plus the stadium pennants hold a special place in my heart, as they're the very first ones I can remember as a kid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redspennant.jpg (62.8 KB, 510 views)
Old 07-13-2019, 11:38 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Last edited by perezfan; 07-13-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Marc

Default Santa Clara

For me, it was my connection to Santa Clara University that got my pennant collection started. And it is still the heart of my collection (although it is now pretty rare for me to find one I don't have). The Division I football program was long gone by the time I attended SCU, but I'd see the Orange Bowl trophy (and two Sugar Bowl trophies) when I attended SCU basketabll games (watching Kurt Rambis and others) as a kid.

I also like that a) most of these pennants are very rare, and b) the competition for them is not as tough as it is for some of the other reams I collect (e.g., Giants, 49ers, Astros, Oilers).

Finally, I know I've said it here before, but the 49ers would never have existed without Santa Clara University (Owners Tony Morabito and Al Ruffo, Coach Buck Shaw, Team colors from SCU). And I was a big 49ers fan as a kid. So collecting Santa Clara items is sort of like collecting pre-professional 49ers stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCU 3.jpg (72.2 KB, 487 views)
File Type: jpg Orange bowl 1.jpg (70.1 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg Orange bowl 2.jpg (70.8 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg Orange bowl 3.jpg (69.7 KB, 485 views)
Old 07-13-2019, 04:20 PM

I wonder who made it? The scroll doesn't exactly match the typical look of a Trench scroll, which is more wavy, like that Tigers one a few posts upward.

No tassels, either. And the colors are quite vibrant....

I'd guess WGN; but the script doesn't quite look like their work.

Nice pennant either way.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:21 PM

Great replies and awesome pics! Thanks to all. And yes, Mark, those stadium pennants are fabulous, hopefully someday we will learn why the Phillies never had one (nor Senators for that matter). Mets had one but from a different maker. I think every other team had one from Trench.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:31 PM
Rob

I can see why Fballguy Rob loves those pennants he has and lusts after the ones he's chasing. I especially like the Rams, the 1940 Tigers and the Falcons (just because it's so different).
Old 07-13-2019, 08:56 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

As for my favorite pennant.... I've tried, but cannot pick just one. I think it changes every day. I guess (regardless of rarity, value and age) it would be the Reds Stadium Pennant with Mr. Red flying on a bat above Crosley Field. The detail is amazing, the subject matter is magical, and it pictures Crosley Field (where I attended my first-ever game with my Dad).
The first game I ever attended was at also Crosley Field with MY Dad. I remember a freeway out past the outfield. The Giants put an absolute beat down on the Reds. I believe it was 1963...I once found the box score on Retrosheet. That day was the beginning of my long and often painful love of the Giants.

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 07-13-2019 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Rob

My favorites? Not super thrilling but I'd never seen the picture pennant before or since I got it. I believe it might be a prototype. The SF with the Giant is a carryover from NY. I also have the NY version in green, with tassels. Forgive me Kyle, but I forget the maker attributed to the "little guy in middle; ball at the tip." I just now noticed my SF version has a silky, not felt, spine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0332.jpg (73.2 KB, 507 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-13 10.43.14.jpg (77.0 KB, 518 views)

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 07-13-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:17 AM
chris

here's a couple of my faves. i wish they would have replicated the mini in it's entirety for the larger one but still these are both fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1950s cincinnati redlegs legs pennant(5).jpg (80.6 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1640.jpg (59.2 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg 1950s cincinnati redlegs legs pennant(3).jpg (72.9 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 1950s cincinnati redlegs legs pennant(4).jpg (77.7 KB, 483 views)
Old 07-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
So I’ve been collecting pennants for 20 years - vintage ones, that is. In my early days I owned this 1967 Pirates pennant, but one day I sold a bunch of pennants at a Show in Philly and this was among them. Always regretted it, and in the back of my mind wanted to secure another one of these at any reasonable cost. 15 years or so since ... never saw another, until a week ago. In fact I am not unconvinced this is the exact same pennant that worked it’s way back to me, I seem to recall similar flaws. (I wouldn’t bet on it though.) Seller described it as poor condition but it’s not bad at all, in fact there’s no fading nor missing paint, badly needed some ironing, some original defects in threading but in this case the fair/decent condition takes a backseat to its awesomeness. It is now my favorite pennant!
Saw this and had a snipe set, but I was buying for resale. That is a very rare pennant and I agree the condition was solid. Nice pick up especially for the price.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:14 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Chris...
That's a great one! Add it to the list of something they would never make today (in this tightly controlled environment of corporate-approved logos).

Marc...
Beautiful Santa Clara Pennants. Looks like a true labor of love that took many years to compile!

Last edited by perezfan; 07-14-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:02 PM
Rob

Great pennants everyone. Really enjoy seeing these. Thanks Greg for kicking off the idea and to everyone else for participating. Hope we get a few more responses.

Marc...I can't imagine how long it's taken to find those Santa Clara football pennants. I don't think I've ever seen even one of them. You either have great connections or are incredibly patient! Absolutely amazing.

Mark S...I love your frame job on the Redlegs pennant. I assume you did it yourself? I know we've discussed previously, but what do you use to adhere the pennant to the backing?

Last edited by Fballguy; 07-14-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Marc

Thanks, guys. It's been about 20 years of eBay searching for Santa Clara items. Having insomnia helps.

I very much enjoy this forum and seeing all of the cool pennants we collect. I enjoy both the super-rare and super-random/funky stuff. And I like seeing people add items to their specialized collections. I don't think any of us can collect it all, right?
Old 07-14-2019, 02:36 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Great pennants everyone. Really enjoy seeing these. Thanks Greg for kicking off the idea and to everyone else for participating. Hope we get a few more responses.

Marc...I can't imagine how long it's taken to find those Santa Clara football pennants. I don't think I've ever seen even one of them. You either have great connections or are incredibly patient! Absolutely amazing.

Mark S...I love your frame job on the Redlegs pennant. I assume you did it yourself? I know we've discussed previously, but what do you use to adhere the pennant to the backing?
(Embarrassment emoji)

That framed Reds pennant is not even mine. I was hoping I had saved a photo of mine, but couldn't find one. Then I went to Google Images, and still couldn't find one. So had to search a bit more, just to find an image of the pennant I was describing. Finally this one turned up, and somebody did indeed do a nice job framing it.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:01 AM
Stephen

I have over 100 different Tiger pennants but these have to be my favorites. I especially love the ones with players names on them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2075.jpg (76.8 KB, 453 views)
Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 AM
Marc

I like the player name pennants too. I recently picked up this orange on white version of the 1962 Giants NL Champs pennant (along with a few other things). I know that my picture isn't great (no sunlight in my pennant room), but it's nice and clean for a white pennant.

One of my favorite name pennants is the Giants 1965 phantom NL champs pennant. It is one of the few items connecting Warren Spahn with the Giants. It also lists Masanori Murakami (first MLB player from Japan) and Willie "McCovery". In total, six Hall of Famers. I don't have a picture of mine handy, so stole the attached one from the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Giants white orange 1962.jpg (79.3 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg Giants 1965.jpg (79.6 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by bocca001; 07-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:49 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Marc:

Congrats of winning that white Giants Pennant. You outbid me, among others...

Great score... I love that color combo with the black spine. Can't recall seeing many of those white ones (if any). And to find a white one that clean is approaching "needle in a haystack" territory. Great stuff!
Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM

Mark, I love those Reds stadium pennants, too. This one is my favorite for showing Redlegs, also it seems that white pennants of this material (felt, not cloth) were rare back in the early 60s, I only recall seeing the Phillies in white with the same trademark. For some reason the stadium graphic is all gray and hard to see detail, not sure if it was colored differently and faded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4C805F96-38D0-4BB1-AC0C-74F5D6DF7E03.jpg (20.0 KB, 471 views)
Old 07-16-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1979 View Post
I have over 100 different Tiger pennants but these have to be my favorites. I especially love the ones with players names on them.
Great Tigers pennant collection! The Tigers have, by far, the nicest assortment of pennants. Not just in terms of graphics but they also by far have the most dated pennants. My guess is that there exists a Tigers pennant with the year displayed anywhere from 1935-1952. ...
Old 07-16-2019, 12:25 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Mark, I love those Reds stadium pennants, too. This one is my favorite for showing Redlegs, also it seems that white pennants of this material (felt, not cloth) were rare back in the early 60s, I only recall seeing the Phillies in white with the same trademark. For some reason the stadium graphic is all gray and hard to see detail, not sure if it was colored differently and faded.
That's a beauty Greg...

Love it, and I believe it was made that way. I only have the full color version of that pennant, which I love almost as much as the one I posted. Yours is obviously far rarer.

Not sure why white pennants of that era are so scarce but over the years, I must've passed on hundreds of them, because you just can't find them in "clean" condition. Maybe that's why the makers avoided white felt for the most part???

Last edited by perezfan; 07-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM

So I picked up a 1966 Phillies picture pennant, to complete my collection from 1960-69. Was on the fence because of condition - not just yellowing but some pretty bad (albeit not atypical) glue residue from the picture ... but price was okay and I grabbed it. Made it my first reclamation project. Used about 3 parts water to 1 part bleach but had to go heavier on the glue spots. Also had to take the pic off, which cane off easily. I think this is a success? See before and after ... I am relying on the ebay pic for before so it’s not the greatest for comparison, but the glue spots are 100% gone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5E827757-9937-480F-B3BA-959D137FEC0F.jpg (13.5 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg 201D4F4D-CBB8-4474-B2C3-96DAC68F22C1.jpg (21.2 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 07-18-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:09 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Wow - Nice work, Greg!... especially for your first time doing it!

Looks far better than before. Pretty bold move, taking that one on as your first reclamation project. Also curious how you re-attached the photo (glue, tape, other?) Can you post a photo of the reverse side?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:46 PM

Thanks Mark, and sure, here it is. I used a stick of Elmer’s clear drying glue. The tape is obviously yellowed but the marks came off the pennant. I thought about replacing the tape backing but figured that would be a step too far, it needs to retain all the original parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41975C53-45D5-4B54-9C9F-B0923FD74D81.jpg (15.5 KB, 434 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 12:57 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Nicely done...

Seems like that was the best option, as it's invisible, and still as close to original as possible.

Also nice that removal of the original tape didn't take a portion of the photo with it. If I were attempting it, the photo definitely would've torn...

Great job!

Last edited by perezfan; 07-18-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:17 PM
Rob

I just picked up this NY Giants pennant. Believe it or not, I did not have an example of the iconic Giant in the Polo Grounds. I also picked up a Danbury Mint model. I know that these manufactured "collectibles" are not really collectable, but I like them. The detail is amazing. This joins my Candlestick and PacBell models. Also, I know my NYG pennant is Trench, thanks to Kyle's research. The pennant is 27" long. Does anyone know, did they make these in 30" as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-07-21 01.51.22.jpg (77.3 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-21 01.50.49.jpg (78.1 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-21 01.51.00.jpg (74.6 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg microsoft-word-document-6232018-125145-am.jpg (13.4 KB, 393 views)
Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I just picked up this NY Giants pennant. Believe it or not, I did not have an example of the iconic Giant in the Polo Grounds. I also picked up a Danbury Mint model. I know that these manufactured "collectibles" are not really collectable, but I like them. The detail is amazing. This joins my Candlestick and PacBell models. Also, I know my NYG pennant is Trench, thanks to Kyle's research. The pennant is 27" long. Does anyone know, did they make these in 30" as well?
There's nothing un-collectible/able about Danbury Mint's stadium models! Of all the manufacturers that offer these, Danbury's are the best. The detail is indeed pretty remarkable. I just picked up the "Deluxe" Ebbets Field version; which is about twice as big as the standard size. There's players on the field; spectators in the stands; and a removable entrance exposing the famed rotunda inside.

If I recall correctly I believe that version of that Giant on your pennant is by Willard Mullin, no? The same Trench artist used Mullin's depiction of the bum for the Brooklyn Dodgers stadium pennant from that same series.

Also, on your Giants pennant ... there's a close-up of the sign above the Polo Grounds reading "N.Y. Giants." Didn't your buddy own that very sign? Didn't he also donate it to the S.F. Giants??
Old 07-22-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
By the mid-1950s, when your pennant was made, Trench offered these stadium pennants in the 3/4 and full sizes. I don't think they offered the 3/4 size on many pennants after 1960.

Go big or go home, right?
Old 07-22-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Here’s a minty full size version in green felt ... tassels tucked behind ... has same trademark in same spot. Great pickup Rob!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 301A6360-2E68-4225-A7A2-7F10D397D03E.jpg (20.5 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg D0E9E480-9607-4027-B644-8C9B9CE5E8BC.jpg (20.2 KB, 400 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 07-22-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:09 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Nice Greg!

Here's a red one in full-size, that I consigned through LOTG in their last auction...

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/195...-LOT18274.aspx
Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
By the mid-1950s, when your pennant was made, Trench offered these stadium pennants in the 3/4 and full sizes. I don't think they offered the 3/4 size on many pennants after 1960.
Does this go for their football pennants as well?
Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Rob

Quote:

Go big or go home, right?
I have 23-24" pennants...true 3/4. This one would be more like 7/8

Quote:

Also, on your Giants pennant ... there's a close-up of the sign above the Polo Grounds reading "N.Y. Giants." Didn't your buddy own that very sign? Didn't he also donate it to the S.F. Giants??
My buddy DID have the cast iron letters. I think you're right that the Giants now have them. P.S. The so-called "Giants Vault" at Oracle Park is pretty lame from what I've heard. I'll check it out next month.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Nice Greg!

Here's a red one in full-size, that I consigned through LOTG in their last auction...

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/195...-LOT18274.aspx
You shoulda just sold it to me . I can't keep track of all the auction houses.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:41 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
You shoulda just sold it to me . I can't keep track of all the auction houses.
You’re right!

But I assumed you already had that one. Next time I’ll be sure to axe.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Rob

More great stuff by Kyle at https://pennantfever.weebly.com/

I'm wondering, Kyle, if you have any photos of the paper sun visors that ASCO started with?
Old 07-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Marc

I agree with Rob. Another great blog post from Kyle.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:31 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Default Getting the wrinkles out?

Hello everyone,

Found a couple of pennants in a box folded up, one Mets on Michael Jordan... Is there a way to iron out the wrinkles without damage so they can be hung up?

Thanks!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
Hello everyone,

Found a couple of pennants in a box folded up, one Mets on Michael Jordan... Is there a way to iron out the wrinkles without damage so they can be hung up?

Thanks!
Put the printed side down and iron with a warm iron.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:47 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Put the printed side down and iron with a warm iron.
ok thanks!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:51 AM

Default ASCO, Inc.

Quote:
More great stuff by Kyle at https://pennantfever.weebly.com/

I'm wondering, Kyle, if you have any photos of the paper sun visors that ASCO started with?
Thanks for the plug, guys. Yes, this month's Featured Manufacturer is ASCO, Inc. of Winona, MN. There's a lot of things about this company's products I don't particularly like; but, at the same time, I have to recognize that they made a lot of pennants that collectors today go nuts over.

So I took a chance and covered them, for better or worse. I hope that was the right call.

Rob: Don't think I didn't look for that ASCO sun visor from the 1950s! Alas, my search came up fruitless. Since they were made of cardboard, I can't imagine too many survived the past 65 years.

You can enjoy the above posting at: https://pennantfever.weebly.com/blog/category/asco-inc

You'll also find new content at https://pennantfactory.weebly.com/ , juuuuuust in case your appetite for pennant information isn't quenched by my (admittedly) lengthy ASCO post.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:49 PM
Rob

Quote:

Rob: Don't think I didn't look for that ASCO sun visor from the 1950s! Alas, my search came up fruitless. Since they were made of cardboard, I can't imagine too many survived the past 65 years.
These survived, but aren't ASCO

They were all made in NYC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-07-31 02.33.29.jpg (75.8 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-31 02.33.40.jpg (75.3 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-07-31 02.33.59.jpg (74.8 KB, 232 views)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Wow, that green one is from 1937! Is it me or does its graphic design look like it could have also been used on a felt pennant the same company would have made/sold, along with these visors?

NPC. Wonder if that stood for N_____ Pennant Company? Maybe National Pennant Co.?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Rob

Quote:
Wow, that green one is from 1937! Is it me or does its graphic design look like it could have also been used on a felt pennant the same company would have made/sold, along with these visors?

NPC. Wonder if that stood for N_____ Pennant Company? Maybe National Pennant Co.?
You’ll figure it out!
Old 08-03-2019, 12:06 PM
John €ffenheim

Default 2 new pickups from the National

This one actually still had it's 59¢ price sticker on the back from Woolworth's (There is a glare from the flash by the tip.)

Old 08-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by effe View Post
This one actually still had it's 59¢ price sticker on the back from Woolworth's (There is a glare from the flash by the tip.)

Those are both great!
Old 08-04-2019, 08:41 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Agree....

And that top one is insanely rare. Great pickups!
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Casey Moore

I’m not a pennant guy, but I couldn’t pass this up at The National! It now resides back in Oklahoma and I have reached out to a local textile conservator to figure out options for preserving it. If anyone has thoughts or helpful information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:24 AM
Rob

I’ll be interested to hear what the conservator says. I think you got lucky in that the image and lettering are pretty much intact. I’ve done some amateur “in filling” of felt and it didn’t look too bad. I have to think a pro could get good results.

Two more things: I just now noticed the tape measure....wow! that thing is truly huge! Also, the tassels....one at top, two in the center and one on the bottom. It kind of appears that may have been the way it was made and you’re not missing anything. Is there evidence of other tassels, top and bottom?