NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesareempty View Post
What is "lame" is any fellow member of this board private messaging another member and telling them
"Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site."

The person that did this is "lame' in my book and a 24 karat jackass to boot!!!
+1
Old 04-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Jeff

Quote:
What is "lame" is any fellow member of this board private messaging another member and telling them
"Between you and me you are an insult to every decent person on this site."

The person that did this is "lame' in my book and a 24 karat jackass to boot!!!
That type of language sure does rank higher on the lame-o-meter

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-10-2017, 01:26 PM

200w.jpg
Old 04-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that

Jake- I'd like to give a shout-out to the overwhelming percentage of members that are decent people...and I include myself.

I've never met any of them in person, but they all have treated me with respect since I joined...and I try to do the same.

Sometimes, I decide not to 'join in'...frequently, less damage is done that way.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-10-2017, 07:15 PM
B.ob L.amb

1-Everyone has an opinion. I couldn't possibly care less about most!
2- Leon- since JB is engaging me directly isn't he required to post his full name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
That type of language sure does rank higher on the lame-o-meter
Old 04-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Jeff

Hi Bob,
Jeff Betts was referring to the insulting language you said another member was using. It was not a comment directed to you. You are a sensitive one.

Last edited by jb217676; 04-10-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
+1 plus that guy that pmed you said " your an insult to every decent person on the board" ? there arent any decent people on this board so dont worry about that
Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something. Just kidding of course. 15% of all populations are assholes. I made that statistic up, but I firmly believe it.

Last edited by orly57; 04-10-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Dave_Berg

"Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something."

Now that's Funny!!!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Come on Jake, you are way off base! This board is full of card dealers, attorneys, and, well...ok, maybe you are on to something. Just kidding of course. 15% of all populations are assholes. I made that statistic up, but I firmly believe it.
I'm one of those attorneys, so I'm kind of used to the stupid, pointless emails telling me ridiculous and ignorant stuff. Life goes on. You shouldn't let idiots affect you. Idiots are everywhere, not just on this board. They can't dictate your life. That's my take.

I've been flamed here sometimes, and I've flamed people here. Hopefully you can either agree or agree to disagree respectfully. I have sometimes failed to do that, but that should be the goal IMO.

There are people on this board I detest, and who detest me. Fair enogh.
There are others on this board who I admire greatly. Whether I admire or detest them, I would hope that diversity helps keep this board strong. BS pms, IMO, reflect a coward, so that isn't on you. Its on them. If you have a problem, get it out there and up front so it can be addressed and don't be a chickensh*t about it. My take. Feel free to send me BS pms if you are a coward and can't do it up front. I will probably take the bait and respond.

Kenny
Old 04-11-2017, 06:02 AM
B.ob L.amb

Jeff thanks for posting your name. Just wanted to know who I was speaking with. I stand by my original statement that the person who sent the PM is either a Jackass or a mental midget that needs to get a life or find another hobby. Not sensitive at all. I just do not take kindly to keyboard bullies. At the end of the day these are just little pieces of cardboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Hi Bob,
Jeff Betts was referring to the insulting language you said another member was using. It was not a comment directed to you. You are a sensitive one.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:04 AM
B.ob L.amb

Orlando I believe your estimation is on the low side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:12 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

I understand your confusion: 15% assholes is dead-on. However, I failed to mention that my theory does acknowledge another 15% of the population who are miserable and unhappy. While often displaying similar characteristics to the "asshole population," they are distinguishable.

Last edited by orly57; 04-11-2017 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Jeff thanks for posting your name. Just wanted to know who I was speaking with. I stand by my original statement that the person who sent the PM is either a Jackass or a mental midget that needs to get a life or find another hobby. Not sensitive at all. I just do not take kindly to keyboard bullies. At the end of the day these are just little pieces of cardboard.
No worries Bob, just having some fun with you guys!
Jeff