NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-06-2018, 12:50 AM

Default Help to determine Rarity and Value 1921 Babe Ruth

Hi,

I am new here to the forum. I occasionally find sports cards and memorabilia when looking for items to sell in my ebay store. I recently came across 3 glass stereo positive images from 1921. Photographer is O.H. Sampson. The company that made the images is Almer Cloe & Co. After doing some research I found little information on Almer Cloe (manufacturer of stereo views) and nothing about the photographer. One of the three images is Babe Ruth sitting on a bench surrounded by a few other people - its not a great photo but it surely is him. Another photo could be Shoeless Joe Jackson but no way of knowing for sure. The last photo - not a clue who or where. I spent all evening looking on the net for something similar to no avail. Does anybody have any information they can share. Are these something that are collectible? Or were they mass produced and of little value? I will attempt to attach some images to this post. Each glass has two of the same images - hence "stereo". Thanks so much for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181005_181230.jpg (70.3 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg 20181005_181201.jpg (66.9 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 20181005_181210.jpg (64.7 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by ekits; 10-06-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I don't think these were mass produced as I've never seen this image for Ruth before. I do think that is Ruth in the middle glass, but I don't think there is a Joe Jackson especially since he was already banned by 1921.

So I think that what you have is definitely rare, but I'm not sure how collectible it is. I don't like collecting glass negatives because I think they are too fragile, and I am afraid I would break one. If I owned these, I would see if you could consign these to someone like PWCC who had a low fee, and just see where they land at auction. My guess is that the Ruth may go for $100, and the others $5-10, but who knows.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:08 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I reversed the images for you, so hopefully it'll help people identify the players...

20181005_181230.jpg
20181005_181201.jpg
20181005_181210.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Tags
babe ruth