NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Sanzapatos

...it doesn't matter who "Jeannie" really iS. The card question, which is what raised this whole issue initially, was never even touched on. That's the Crux of the issue and "Jeannie" skirted around it 100%. Not exactly the way Anybody with integrity, honest intentions, and a breadth of card experience goes about defending theMselves, would you say? Especially not to a website full of her past and potential buyers. Read between the lines and it's obvious something's not right here.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anonymous

--

Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: scott ingold

Exactly......and that is why this WILL impact her/his auctions as it well should. I have also seen this being discussed on the cu boards + who knows how many lurkers there are.

If i were Jeannie Dee and i had any kind of explanation for the stolen scan i would use it. That is why anyway you slice it there is something very wrong here nomatter who it is.

I won't even go into the whole assinine reasoning behind posting a pic to AVOID sexual comments/questions. Gee a sexy pic of myself will make people more likely not say something instead of just using a genaric name.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

That is the west coast. I live at the Jersey shore and as said the sun does not set in the east.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: davidcycleback

I do not buy for one second that a woman selling
trading cards on eBay would post pictures of herself
in a bikini in the auction description.

This whole episode goes under the 'Give Me a F**cking Break' file.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Scott Ingold, I'm surprised at you. You might have guessed that Jeannie was sitting at the end of my block on Long Beach Island gazing wistfully westward across Barnegat Bay wondering where your house was!

Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Kevin,

Ya never know. Put her down by the bathing beach behind fantasy island and she could be. BIG SMILE !!!!

Old 01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

"Last I checked, New Jersey is on the east coast and if you were on the Jersey Shore facing the ocean at sunset, it would be happening behind you, over land, in the west."

Barnegat Bay.

But also - us Jersey folk are occasionally allowed outside the state for vacations and such. Sometimes I even go watch the sunset on Cape Cod Bay, and they've even let me to a few islands and to Mexico. They even let me bring my camera, so I could take a sunset picture if I wanted.

However, I'd sure like to know what the deal is with the card.

-Al

Old 01-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Yeah, but would you label your picture from Mexico "New Jersey 2005"?

There may be places where the view across Barnegat Bay does not include LAND on the horizon, but that picture isn't one of them.

That picture is as bogus as jeannie and "her" 1914 CJ Jackson auction.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Josh K.

Hey Al,

We all want to know about the card. But you have to admit that the lack of explanation plus the obvious lies regarding the picture(s) equal problems. As for the picture, if you look at the bottom, it states that the picture is of the New Jersey shore. Not Cape Cod, the west coast etc.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

The company I work for has a website, and if you looked at the website, you'd think we were a much bigger company than we really are. The website was designed that way. We're not a big company at all.

Lots of Ebay sellers refer to themselves as "we" in their "about me" page, or in their descriptions. Makes it sound like there's more than one person working there, diligently packing up cards back in the mailroom and getting them out to the loading dock before the 6PM pickup.

Colonel Sanders is dead, but his picture is still on my chicken.

To me, that stuff is irrelevant. It's all window-dressing, regardless of whether this is a real person or not. All that matters is that you get what you ordered. I'd like to know how I could expect to receive the card if I bought it, when someoone else on this board clearly owns it. Particularly when this seller has been so reliable in the past.

-Al

Edit: There's a whole string of beach from Island Beach State Park up the southwest section of the state where you look out across Delaware Bay, and it's very difficult to see land.

Edited again because I'm a directional idiot.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

I have been checking in from time to time throughout the day in order to read up on the latest on the Jeanniegate Scandal. Every time I think, okay, this thread has just about run its course, someone else comes up with another bit of bizarre and compelling info on our Miss Jeannie.

Jeannie seems to be under the impression that except for Cat, all of the posts were made by ALL THE GUYS...

'Taint necessarily so. As the very female, "Jennifer" half of the very-married "Jon & Jennifer" (as shown in our login name), please allow me to state for the record that I would NEVER, not in a million years, even for a moment consider posting a photo of myself on one of our auction pages, within our store -- or ANYWHERE on the web for that matter. (And Jon, as my other and very male-oriented better half, certainly would not advocate, suggest, or otherwise appreciate it if I did. Oh, let's be serious -- he'd be LIVID.)

"Jeannie" in the photo is without a doubt a looker. Now, I'm not even trying to suggest that I've spent my life signing modeling contracts or posing for Penthouse -- but no one has ever kicked me out of bed or run away screaming in terror, either. (And despite the fact that I've had four, count 'em four, children, at 36 I'm still considered a youngun' by most standards, weigh exactly 100 pounds soaking wet, and even manage to get the ol' lookaroo from time to time when out and about.) All this in order to avoid having our largely male population view the opinion of THIS particular female poster as merely sour grapes from a bitter old troll (vintage wine, perhaps, but not sour grapes.)

Seriously, now, what woman in her right mind -- a married woman with children, so she claims -- would post a sexy photo of herself...and let me emphasize this point...all in order to sell....BASEBALL CARDS????? Egads.

These are my theories, in no particular order of preference:

(a) Either it's a guy using the photo in order to lure OTHER guys to the auctions (yes, sex sells, but it's particularly icky when a woman sinks to that level, and in many ways it would be better if it turned out to be a guy after all);

(b) It IS a woman, but she is using a fake photo;

(c) It is a woman, and she IS the woman in the photo.

If (c) is true, it opens up far more questions than answers:

(1) Why did she not once directly address the allegations made within the Ukranian website or the website itself?

(2) Why did she not address the lifted scan of the card? (I agree with the opinion that the staining is identical in far too many areas to not be a stolen scan).

(3) Why does she repeatedly address ALL THE GUYS in capitalized letters? (Which really does point to something interesting in and of itself, but I can't quite put my finger on what.)

(4) She claimed that she was already aware that her photo had been stolen and used by nefarious persons many times in the past...if that were the case, then WHY in the world would you even consider putting your photo on the internet -- especially the very same photo that you say you "already know" was stolen and used by persons other than yourself in the past???

(4) This was said earlier, but truly bears repeating --- exactly what kind of moron tries to suggest that a sexy photo was intentionally posted on the internet...simply to AVOID sexual repartee and personal questions?? (Snicker, snicker)

Another, slightly more sinister theory that hasn't been offered as of yet, is that Jeannie IS the Jeannie in the photo, and the Jeannie of Jeannie's cards...but is ALSO the "Olga" of the Ukranian website. I know, I know...but you never know...

Old 01-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anson

I'm still wondering why "Jeannie" hasn't responded to the latest concerns. "Jeannie" obviously knows how to find this thread and now faces some pretty tough questions to answer.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

I agree with Al in that if a reputable male seller
of memorabilia or trinkets or diamond rings uses a made
up girl's name as company name or mascot, ala Betty
Crocker, and with matching photo, I would consider
that a minor issue at best.

I went to the University of Wisconsin and didn't see one
badger on campus.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: jay behrens

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Joe P.

...and with Jon's Permission. (an old Latino sign of respect)

That was a stunning summation of the JeannieGate Caper.
You are a gorgeous lady with a brain -- No Pictures Needed.
My compliments to both you and Jon.

Joe P.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Joe P.

Funny ..... you don't look like a Sierra Madre Mexican?

Old 01-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: David Smith

Hello,

All Jeannie has to do is what some of you have suggested with suspicious cards; have her husband take a picture of her holding up a (recent) newspaper.

Also, it would be nice if "she" answered the question about the Cracker Jack card.....

Old 01-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

--

Old 01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Josh K.

I agree completely. I guess Jeanie (who Im sure is still monitoring this thread) is just too consumed with her fulfilling and meaningful life to care about responding to the one issue that remains unanswered - why did she post a stolen scan?

Old 01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: rob

Jeanie appears to get an ego trip with listings of cards she doesn't own as well as spending the extra $$ on the ebay picture hosting. Seems a little flaky, botttom line is she's delivering what she sells, which is all I would care about as a buyer.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: ramram

If you want to make any final opinions for yourself, just make sure you go look at her very first feedbacks on ebay. I think they'll show that she has had some "issues" with other accusations of fraudulent activity.

Also note that in her very first feedback (that she actually left for HERSELF) she says she is 36. That was in 1998. She mentions in her response to Cat(earlier in this thread) that she is 33. Now, even if I'm not too good at math, it looks to me that she should be 43 by now....

Old 01-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Obviously, Jeannie isn't who she claims she is on her listings, i.e. 33 years old, a doctor, a lawyer, an indian chief, etc. Frankly, I could give a rat's ass as long as I get the cards I've won from her/him. I also cannot imagine that someone spent more money on her auctions just because they sported a woodie while looking at the listing pictures. That being said, why on earth would someone with all of this positive feedback sell very expensive cards that he or she does not actually own? Very strange. All I can add is that I've bought from this seller before and have received perfect service. I would so, again -- as long as it's not a pirated CJ I was buying....

Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Mike Campbell

aside from her being who she says she is, and her credability as an honest seller, that remains to be seen, but as far as her looks go, I am not sure everyone thinks she is so good looking, she reminds me of half the girls in my 11th grade class. Which I guess, was accepable when I was 17.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: ramram

Yes, who cares about her marketing strategy but...

How many of you are still saying that you would be comfortable with buying a card from her in spite of the fact that she never addressed the question about the CJ card?

Now, of those saying yes, how many of those would buy a $2000 card from her?

Old 01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Mike Campbell

Not I.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Alan

This thread has become entertaining to read. How long do you think it will continue before Leon locks it ?

Old 01-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

My eBay user id is jeanshrimpton, but this is no more an
attempt to fool anyone than the ids 'mickeymantle7' or 'joltinjoe'
is an attempt to get buyers to beleive the Hall of Famer has arrisen
from the grave to sell chrome refractors. I had one buyer, well
aware my name wasn't Jean as he had bought before, ask who was this
Jean person, but I get the impression no one else cares what
name I use for my eBay id. My old eBay id for the same account was my
dog's nickname ('hankron'), and not a single potential bidder asked if
I took a flea bath before packaging.

So there is no accidental eBay heartache: Below are pictured Henry
('hankron') and Jean. If you purchase a baseball card from me, neither
will be licking the envelope. Though I can assure you that at least one
has had a flea bath.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Cat

Good point David, and by the way I am not a CatOnGlue although I did play for an intramural softball team called "Cats On Glue." (That's how I chose the name.) I wish I would have chosen a different name, but at this point I don't want to change it. Thank gawd I didn't name myself after my intramural basketball team ---> "The Clap."

Old 01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anson

Mine ebay name is Baldisbetter, but I'm not really bald...........yet. Give it a little time and it will be right on the money!

Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

Ours is josepheenella...but we're neither a Joseph nor an Ella. Josepheen (for Josepheen Baker) and Ella (a long-ago beloved dog of my hubby's)= josepheenella.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Steve

Jeese cat I just noticed 750 visits to your auction.

Good luck

Steve

Old 01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: FunWithJeannie

Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Steve

LMAO

Old 01-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Cat

Steve:

Yeah, a lot of views but it is all about JeannieGate.

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.