NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Cat

This lady has over 2,000 feedback and she just listed a 1914 CJ Jackson. Oddly enough it has the same EXACT carmel staining as another graded 1914 on EBay right now. Compare the two.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8752783937&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/1914-Cracker-Jack-Joe-Jackson-103-SGC-50_W0QQitemZ8752230127QQcategoryZ57993QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

For the sake of full disclosure, I am the owner of the graded version now on EBay. I am going to give the lady a chance to take it down on her own and if she does not report it to EBay.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: davidcycleback

My guess is that the other seller looks closer
to Jim Ignatowski that the woman in the image.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: jay behrens

I wonder what the full story is. The seller using the stolen scam obviously deals in PSA slabbed cards, yet doesn't bother to get this one slabbed? All their other auctions have nice clear picture of the card and slab, yet this is a heavily pixilated and tightly cropped picture.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: leon

If that's Jeannie in the picture she ain't too bad lookin'......

Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I've bought many cards from that seller..never had a problem...very strange. Cat, what was his/her response other than stopping the auction?

Old 01-17-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Alan

Leon - I was going to say the same thing....

She's been trying to sell the Harry Newman on ebay for a few years now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Topps-Football-A-A-62-HARRY-NEWMAN-PSA-10-MINT_W0QQitemZ8750372109QQcategoryZ86857QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anson

Maybe the auction wasn't for the CJ SJ but was ..........nevermind

Old 01-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Weird...this is a reliable seller. Usually offers graded 1950s football cards, but also offers baseball. I've never won any of her auctions, but know others who have been very satisfied.

-Al

Old 01-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: jay behrens

Could be another case of a seller taking a card on consignment without having possession of the item. Can't believe people are dumb enough to do that, but we've already seen it once.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: fdnyladder7

Wondering if "she" should change her name to Genie.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

I have not had a response from her yet. I did state in my message to her that since she had 2,000 feedbacks that "I hoped that this was just an issue with an untrustworthy consignee."

I never would have caught this, but when it came up, I saved it in my watched items. Last night, I picked up my card off of my desk and wanted to check for differences in the two cards, believing hers must be a reprint or a 1915 or something. But when I started looking...DAMN... the same exact stains and marks.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

I just noticed that the same seller has a rose card rookie...the front is not cropped to tight. The back is cropped tight but you can see the outline of the holder (at the top) in the scan although she is alluding to the card being ungraded.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: tbob

if you think that picture is the seller, I have some swamp land in Arkansas to sell you...

Old 01-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: J Levine

often means a hijaked account...

Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

I asked "her" if the Jackson will be relisted...

Response from jeannie15a
Item: 1963 Topps Baseball # 537 PETE ROSE Rookie .Nr Perfect (8752614173)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
jeannie15a is the seller.

Hi tia...The CJ Jackson card will be listed next week
Respond to this question in My Messages.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

Ummmmm...okay, re the photo of "Jeannie" on the auction page...maybe it's just me, but does anyone ELSE find this particular selling "tactic" to be somewhat odd (or just downright tacky???)

Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: andy becker

sex sells.
now if i tried that, mama would not be pleased.
and, if you saw my pic on my auctions......let's not even go there.

i'm with mr tbob.....that jeannie is a reprint

Old 01-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Scott Gross

Just thinking .... do you think any of "us" would increase ebay sales if we included a photo of ourselves sitting on the porch in our underwear ???

Old 01-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Chris Mc

Looks like Shania Twain sells under the assumed name of Jeannie. Learn somthing new every day.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Com'on Jeannie, show us the real you.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: whycough

I've checked out "her" auctions for a long time: she's listed a lot of '51 Bowman Mantles. Hard to believe that after all these years and cute pictures . . .

Old 01-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Sanzapatos

The girl is a lure. Probably not even someone the seller knows. A guy I bought a mixed lot of Gaettis from used to put up a pic of Brady Anderson wearing nothing, with his outfielder's glove over you-know-where, just to help sell his stuff.

Nevertheless, Cat, I hope you get that situation resolved. It's bizarre to have someone with so many positive feedbacks and firsthand experirences (from people here) suddenly do something shady.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

The plot thickens:

http://uaprofiler.com/profiles/profile.php?id=1706

Don't even ask me how I came across this pic., but please supersize that first picture!!! Hilarious!!!

Editted to say: Any thought that may be Jeannie in the picture is out the window...but at least she has her Ukrainian passport.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anonymous

but I have to ask you how you came across this.
That is incredible.
Say it ain't so, Jeannie!
I have purchased some football cards from her in the past without a problem. Who's going to send her the link?

Old 01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

"Who's going to send her the link?"

I don't know, but we have to get this guy on here. This is so pathetically funny.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

are dashed

Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

How on earth did you find that?

-Al

Old 01-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Anson

Shame on Olga for posing to be the real Jeanne

Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Joe P.

leon
(Premier Login leonl)
Forum Owner January 17 2006, 10:06 PM

"my hopes are dashed"
All you have to do is dump a few of your E92 red back Croft's and get your a$$ over to the Ukraine.
Wheeeling and deealing in Ukrainian Mantle's shouldn't be that difficult. ..... and then you have Jeannie.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Well Jeannie read our thread, after I asked her to "check it out" and this is her e-mail comments back to me:

Hello Cat ~
Thank you for the gossip page link with me being the villainous topic.
In a word -- Funny ~~ Literally and Truly --- FUNNY ~~ I wasn't going to respond to this at all but I admit I was curious..Call me naive, uninformed, dumb etc but I never heard of the Vintage BB Forum ever,and honestly, pardon my bluntness , I could care less..The threads in that room , or gossip chatterbox matter NOT in my life...I read the comments and smiled and laughed at most of them..Perhaps I just should say to all the participants there -- GET A LIFE GUYS, but the sad truth seems that to all THE GUYS in that forum..THAT IS YOUR LIFE...Oh well...I'll not be cruel and I will refrain from saying what I know about the many male collectors I've met & spoken with over the years..
To ALL THE GUYS who commented about me via the Vintage Baseball Forum WITH all THOSE HILARIOUS COMMENTS I just want to sincerely thank those few guys who DIDN'T Lynch me in the Wild "without a trial"..Also..I want to say to the others to THINK for a moment of this. I am a member of Ebay since 1998..mostly as a buyer in the early years, then I acquired a LARGE quantity of NICE, BEAUTIFUL old Cards from my Dad & male relatives a few years ago. I am 33 y/o, married with 2 small children ( 5 and 1) and who can convert that cardboard into money from the "safety" of my home to help my family (like you all do). I too HAVE been "bitten" by the collector bug and I /we have some pretty nice old football PSA Sets... My feedback speaks for itself..I have ONE Negative feedback as a Seller and 11 negs as a Buyer ( a ripped off, taken advantage of BUYER)..I AM Jeannie. I HAVE had my photo Pirated several times and unpleasantly shocked and surprised at its landing places..and THE ONLY Reason I use it (against advice of my Husband) is/was to STOP the never-ending sexual questions of "How Old am I" ? What do I look Like ? within the framework of Ebay and my auctions, etc, etc. I guess I should STOP using it because everyone sort of knows me by now..Lastly..I am also somewhat flattered by names I don't even know in the "Forum" who have "checked me out".ie, my auctions over the years of 1951 Mickey Mantles, & my PSA 10 Harry Newman,and others. In closing I say with all heartfelt sincerity and truth that I would NEVER intentionally cheapen "My Ebay"
I DON'T Need nor Want return replies emails CAT, but u can pass this on to THE GUYS in the Forum for their information...I hope it helps but I cannot and will not be let the opinions and comments of a few knock me away from my priorities..
Sincerely,
Jeannie Dee

Old 01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: MW

I've done business with Jeannie before I and believe her. I also know of someone who saw her and her husband at the National. I think that's really her and I think she really looks like that.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

MW:

I am willing to possibly believe her, but have you ever seen this portrait picture in one of her auctions (the second picture - of the passport - in the link below). I have viewed a limited number of her auctions as well and don't believe I have seen it, and therefore I am not convinced by her "my photo was hijacked explanation." Also, I do not know if any one else noticed but she offered no explantion to why she used my scans in one of her auctions. Even if she looks like the photo, this would not escape explanation if most of us on the board would have drafted that e-mail.

http://www.uaprofiler.com/profiles/profile.php?id=1706

Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: MW

Cat,

Some good points but Jeannie has posted numerous pictures of herself over the last several years. The fact that other sites might use some of them is unremarkable.

As for the CJ Jackson, I really don't know. Ask Jeannie.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: fkw

I never heard of this Jeannie before this post, I wouldnt believe this "chic" unless I saw another picture of her holding a card or two. IMO I dont think that hottie in the picture has 2 kids and is 33, or even has cards.

Also....... There is no way around using the scan of that E145-1 Jackson card. Bottom line..... Its an attempted scam!

Reputation ruined

Prove me wrong, post a picture hold a card or 2 honey!!

Old 01-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

My hopes are renewed. It really might be her. Though I am happily married to an understanding wife I can always look. (it's the 90 degree rule). As for selling any red back Crofts to subsidize a trip I probably won't do that. I might sell one to someone that won't do business with the thief that is selling one on ebay. That board member, while I won't reveal his name, scored HUGE points with me by telling that seller he's not going to buy that card as he doesn't want to do business with someone that blatantly, publicly admitted, stealing a card from me. That is someone with huge integrity in my book. best regards....modeator dude....

Old 01-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Josh K.

"THE ONLY Reason I use it (against advice of my Husband) is/was to STOP the never-ending sexual questions of "How Old am I" ? What do I look Like?"

Does this not strike anyone as completely stupid? That is probably the same reason strippers strip - just so the guys they meet out in public will stop asking them to take their clothes off. I mean come on, not that Im complaining or anything, but if that were really your intent, instead of posting a half naked picture of yourself how about simply changing your user ID to say "Ralph15a."

Old 01-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Mike Campbell

I was just curious as to the meaning of her snippet below:

Oh well...I'll not be cruel and I will refrain from saying what I know about the many male collectors I've met & spoken with over the years..

And as far as having a life, I have a wonderful wife, two great kids, I own and run my own investment firm, and have a home on a large lake. I guess that qualifies as having a life. But again, I was just curious what Jeannie means by the above.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Chad

are the last defense of a scoundrel, I think. I would imagaine most of us have interests outside this web site and this hobby, and, myself excluded, there's a hell of a lot of disposable income thrown around by the members of this board. But excluding even the cheap insults, why would you want to alienate what could potentially be a lot of high dollar customers. Sheesh. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

--Chad

Old 01-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Brent Butcher

I wasn't going to respond to this thread but with so many giving her a bad name......

1. I have purchased cards from her through Ebay over the past several years with no problems what so ever. She has always had various pictures of herself or of an attractive woman.

2. I have sold her a few cards with no problems what so ever.

3. She has a few really nice sets registered on the psa site and has had them registered for a few years.

I think sometimes we all jump on a "scam bandwagon" or judge others too quickly. I'm not saying the picture is her and frankly I don't care. I have bought and sold with her on a few occasions and never had a problem. I will continue to do so in the future if she has something I want on Ebay. On the 1914 CJ Jackson.....maybe it was a different card??? Ask her before making personal attacks.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Bob

To clear everything up, this is a picture of the real Jeannie, shown at the recent National baseball card convention in Chicago. She was selling cards and showing off the latest in baseball card-theft prevention cages. If you look closely you will see Mike P., Tim N. and I in the background

Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Joe P.

Asides from all the stains being in the right places.

What say you about that left bottom corner?

Sneak a peek.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: Mike Campbell

Fully understood Brent. But It is hardly a way to endear yourself to a very large card buying market. Her tone could have been toned down a bit. A bit harsh don't you think? But I will take you at your word. Though I would never buy anything from her going forward. Not after her display.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

You know, my first reaction was that her response might have been a little harsh.

Then I went and read this thread, on a public message board, as if I'd never read it before. Here's what I saw:

1. Accusation of scam.
2. Negative comment about the seller's looks.
3. Suggestion that seller is not being forthcoming with the whole story.
4. Comment about the seller's looks.
5. Veiled accusation of scam.
6. Comment about seller lying about her appearance.
7. Statement questioning seller's tactics.
8. Statement questioning seller's tactics.
9. Comment about seller's looks.
10. Comment about seller lying about her appearance.
11. Comment about seller's looks.
12. Comment about seller lying about her appearance.
13. Comment from user doing detective work to find image on Ukranian website.
14. Comment about seller lying about her appearance.
15. Comment about seller lying about her appearance.

Not that any of the comments in this thread were unjustified, but if I were a seller that had outstanding feedback and a decent reputation, and was pointed to a public website where people were making accusations, questioning my tactics, and making jokes about my appearance, I guess I'd probably respond a little harsh, too.

I'd still love to know if it's the same CJ. The "raw" scan appears to be missing some of the staining along the lower-left border.

-Al

Old 01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Al:

It is without a doubt the same scan. The caramel stains are dead on the same...every one. There is one identifying feature that I addressed with Jeannie as a dead give away...there is a mark under his nose (black buggar) that is very unique. Owning the card, I hardly noticed it, until one day I scanned it with super high resolution and there it was...not really noticeable, to any extent, with the naked eye, but definate in the scan view. When I get back to my home office, I will gladly insert that scan (Leon is going to allow the supersize version to understand my point), but now that you know, you will see it too, even in the smaller versions.

I believe, I have not disparaged her but presented some facts. She didn't take anyone's money and dropped the listing very quickly after I brought it to her attention, so I give her credit for that. But as many of us speculated, she did not state that it was just a mistake with a consignment she listed. It makes you wonder. WIWAG was a credible entity some years ago too. I have my own story about that...having at one time owned seven PSA 8 Pete Rose rookies...six of which had originated from WIWAG even though I had only directly purchased one from them. Messy!!!

Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: scott ingold

My thoughts exactly Josh.

There still is no way around the Jackson and the listing being dropped. People do build feedback and go for a killer sale. Who know's the reasons........but i think this seller has a damaged rep now. Imho this is well deserved being that we still have no explanation regarding the aformentioned card.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

I still see some differences between the two scans on the front, but the staining on the back is identical enough for me to believe that they're the same card.

This is still pretty fishy to me, as it's not like this seller has been offering 1991 Fleer Football cards to boost her feedback in order to get one killer sale. This person has been dealing with reasonably high-dollar 1950s baseball and football cards for a long time. I find it hard to believe that she'd wreck her reputation on a fraudulent sale that the majority of enlightened collectors wouldn't fall for anyway.

I'd love to know the full story behind this.

-Al

Old 01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: tbob

This whole thing sounds like so much horse-pucky to me. Jeannie says she is bombarded with sexual questions from prospective buyers of her cards? I have known several women who sold items on ebay, including cards, and never once have any of them been asked anything sexual or about their age, etc. That's idiotic. Even more inane is that her husband encourages her to post a cheescake picture of herself so people will know what she looks like and how old she is??? Great husband. My wife in her younger days was better looking than this gal and I would have NEVER thought of posting her image in shorts cut to her crotch on an internet board for all to see. Doesn't this guy think, "gee, maybe someone will see my picture and it would SPUR rather than deflect interest?" It makes no sense.
Secondly, she says that "Perhaps I just should say to all the participants there -- GET A LIFE GUYS, but the sad truth seems that to all THE GUYS in that forum..THAT IS YOUR LIFE...Oh well...I'll not be cruel and I will refrain from saying what I know about the many male collectors I've met & spoken with over the years.." What is this supposed to mean? A nasty little jab at the very people who support her business? That we are all some drooling, cheeto eating computer geeks who haven't had a date since God was a boy? The card hobby is just that to me, a hobby. The real life is family and work and anyone who knows me knows I have been fortunate to have been successful at both.
I agree with the above posters who question her intelligence at offending those who might purchase cards from her in the future. There are a helluva lot more people who read these boards than she thinks.
Al- I appreciate your attempts to be fair and we all have had a smile out of this thread, but you have to question what is happening here. I personally think "Jeannie" as in "I Dream of Jeannie Cards" is most likely a guy who is using a picture of someone (who cares?) to draw interest to his auctions. To each his own.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Default One More Rip Off

Posted By: davidcycleback

All a winner has to do is to send the check written out to Jeannie Dee.
Below the endorsement line write, "These funds are only for the seller
Jeannie Dee and this check cannot be endorsed by anyone else." If the seller's
name is Jeannie Dee she will have no problem cashing the check.
If the seller's name isn't Jeannie Dee the seller will have to request that
a new check be sent, written out to someone else.