NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default eBay sale

Purchased something on Thursday night and paid immediately. No response from seller and no evidence it's been shipped. I thought you guys assured me last week that not just PWCC but everyone on eBay now ships the following morning. I must had found the one hold out!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Purchased something on Thursday night and paid immediately. No response from seller and no evidence it's been shipped.
Same here, but on Wednesday. I'm not complaining about the shipping time, but how hard is it to mark something as shipped...unless it hasn't been shipped.?

It wasn't a whole lot of money (about $170), but at least mark it as shipped, or leave me feedback or send me a message - just something that acknowledges that payment was received.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Luke Lyon

The seller's handling time is listed. If it says 1 day, then they should have already shipped it on Friday. But if it says 2 days, they have all day today (Monday) to ship it out. The weekend is not considered a business day.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
P@trick R.omolo

I purchased and paid for an item early in the morning on Sat Sept 3. The
seller sent me a message saying the PO closes early on Sat. and Monday
is Labor day so he would get the package out on Tuesday.

On Sept. 6 he sent me a message that he sent the package. There is a tracking # but it still
says the tracking info will be available when the item reaches the carrier.

On Sat Sept 10 I went on the USPS site to check the tracking and it said
they were doing some kind of maintenance and any tracking info was unavailable at the time.

On Sunday Sept 11 I was finally able to get
tracking info and the Package had left Texas on the 6th and was in
NJ on the 11th. I was only able to get the tracking info that one time.
Now when I enter the tracking # it says that it's an invalid #. I went
to the PO and the woman working there couldn't get the tracking
number to work either.

I sent the seller a message and he got right back to me and said he would check his receipt when he got home.
He sent me another message saying the package was delayed but it was in Syracuse NY on Sept 15th

I was just at the PO and still no package so I sent
the seller another message.

Oh and the shipping charge for two ungraded cards was $10.00.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

I've had the worst luck of late . No tracking , never marked as shipped, damaged , envelope arrived open, purchased a graded card only to find out it was a stock photo nowhere near the grade in the holder.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:03 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Purchased something on Thursday night and paid immediately. No response from seller and no evidence it's been shipped. I thought you guys assured me last week that not just PWCC but everyone on eBay now ships the following morning. I must had found the one hold out!
It's not that every seller does that but most "full time" eBay sellers or auction houses do. I for example sell quite a bit on eBay and there is just simply no way I can do that for every purchase as I have a day job where I run my own business. I put my handling time as 3 or 4 days as I am lucky to get to the post office once during the week and obviously the weekend is easy.

Those sellers that are able to do their shipping within 24 hours should be applauded but that 100% should not be the expected for every seller. We have all gotten a little spoiled with the quick shipping. Good for PWCC for doing a good job with a quick turnaround.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 09-19-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Do you get paid for all your PWCC advertising?

On a positive note there was a much greater chance your new item was not shilled by the items owner.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Alan Florjancic

I've run into several sellers that don't include tracking information with the sale. I give them two business days before I send a message asking about the status of the order. I feel that's appropriate.

Funny story, first purchase I ever made on eBay (early this year), Lajoie t206. Tracking information is given, so I figure all is well. 3 days go by, I look it up and there's no information about where it is, just that the sender had printed out the form. Contacted the seller. Turns out either someone lifted a few of his packages out of the bin (said there was a large bin for pre-paid packages) or they got lost at the Post Office. Either way, he refunded my payment quickly, so no harm there, but for a first purchase, talk about bad luck!

Alan

Last edited by TheBigRedOne; 09-19-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:13 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

I'm actually getting a bit nervous as I sold a card (ebay) Saturday. I printed the label, packaged it up and dropped it at the PO's outside mailbox at 6am yesterday on my way to work.

When I enter the tracking number the site still just notes "shipping label created." It's been 24 hours since I dropped it off, I'd expect more info by now. I don't normally sell on ebay, so kind of holding my breath right now.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:39 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post

I was just at the PO and still no package so I sent
the seller another message.
Why do you keep bothering the seller?
Old 09-20-2016, 05:08 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
I'm actually getting a bit nervous as I sold a card (ebay) Saturday. I printed the label, packaged it up and dropped it at the PO's outside mailbox at 6am yesterday on my way to work.

When I enter the tracking number the site still just notes "shipping label created." It's been 24 hours since I dropped it off, I'd expect more info by now. I don't normally sell on ebay, so kind of holding my breath right now.
Andrew, NEVER do that! Always hand it to a postal clerk, to ensure the item gets a scan. You leave yourself open to theft dropping it off in one of those boxes.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:12 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbeachley View Post
Why do you keep bothering the seller?
I only contacted him twice, to try and find out why the tracking # wouldn't
work. It turned # on ebay and the one he gave me the first time
was the wrong number.

I don't think contacting him a second time two weeks after it mailed is bothering him
but if you do that's fine.

Last edited by Pat R; 09-20-2016 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM
James
James Kin.chen

I signed up for My USPS on the postal service site. Any time anyone ships a package to my address it shows up on the site. It lists the expected delivery date and shows when the package is delivered. I think you can set it up so that you get email notifications.
James
Old 09-20-2016, 08:26 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

My USPS is very cool. I have the app on my phone. Now tells me what day my packages are showing, where they are, etc. Very helpful. UPS has something similar.