NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Default T200 Wash Amer...won on ebay...revisited

Posted By: peter ullman

So I asked your opinions on this card a few weeks back and the opinions were mixed. I received the card today and it's as fake as a $3 bill. I've emailed the seller numerous times for various reasons: to ask when the card was shipped, to request my money back, etc and none were responded to. So here's the verbage from the auction...which is deceiving...the seller basically covers all his bases:

Thank you for checking out this unique auction. Up for bid is an original 1913 Fatima Turkish Cigarettes Washington Americans Baseball Card.The picture is great, there are normal signs of wear around the edges and some water spotting.

This item is on consignment, therefor I can not guarantee this cards authenticity. Please know this before placing your bid as there will be no refunds granted.

This card will be shipped with extreme care and must be insured for your protection. This item is a rare piece of Americana! Photo was only cropped, no other altering.

I don't know what to do...I've threateded the seller with neg feedback but he has not responded and I don't want any of my own. I paid w/paypal. Any opinions?

pete in mn

Old 08-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry

Dispute it thru Paypal at the worst it will tie up his Paypal account for awhile. They have a significatly less than described dispute.
Good Luck

Old 08-09-2006, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: edacra

The best thing might be to try contacting Paypal and insist on speaking with a supervisor. In my experience they are the only ones who can authorize the refund.

Tell them you were sold an outright fake. You can word an auction any way you want, it's still illegal to sell a forgery.
They will likely have you open a dispute so that their fraud team (cough choke) can investigate. None of this will resolve your issue.
In my experience, they will then tell you that if you send the merchandise back, with tracking or confirmation to prove the Seller got his goods back, and then call them back, they have to credit. You'll probably still have to argue with them, and they'll try to hold $25 out of the refund, but once you say "I don't have the merchandise anymore, it was returned" and you provide proof of that - it doesn't matter if the Seller authorized the return or is expecting to get his card back.

Good luck.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

if you paid w/ credit card you can also refuse to pay(dispute w your cc) but if the $ was taken from your bank account your only recourse is to dispute thru paypal. the discription violates ebay's authenticity policy so i think you'd get your $ back thru paypal.also if you file a dispute the seller may cave and give you your money back.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: mark t

i can't see the fake in the card, i am a newbie at seeing fakes but can someone tell me what to look for on a card like this, thanks

Old 08-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Mark: Here is the original discussion on the card -
http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1153876514/last-1153967419/Is+this+real+T200-

Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

When they said

" Thank you for checking out this unique auction. Up for bid is an original 1913 Fatima Turkish Cigarettes Washington Americans Baseball Card.The picture is great, there are normal signs of wear around the edges and some water spotting."

they were committing fraud, imo. They can't say it's real then say they can't guarantee it...and it not be real. I would also file a dispute with ebay and paypal. I think with enough persistance you will get your money back....at least let's hope so. Give 'em hell and let us know how it turns out.....good luck

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator

thanks everyone...I look forward to wasting hours of my time and patience to recoup my $50.

pete ullman

Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Administrator

fatima cards should be shiny...glossy like photo's cuz that's what they are. This card is dull and under magnification is pixelated...a blatant...poor fake but I wasn't so sure from scans on ebay.

Always best to consult this board before buying despite the awareness it raises!

pete in mn

Old 08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Going thru paypal is your best route. eBay doesn't care about the buyer, paypal does. I've been shafted twice by buyers claiming that I sold them something that was not as described, which as patently false. Both times, the post office destroyed the item and the buyer didn't pay for insurance. PayPal's investigation is a joke, from the seller's standpoint. In both cases, paypal didn't contact me at during the susposed investigation period and refunded the money.

I doubt yu need to contact a supervisor there. Just file a dispute claiming that the item was not as described and yo will have your money back in no time. As someone else pointed out, you will need to send the item back with proof of delivery.

Jay

A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun."

Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Administrator

thanks jay...the ball is rollin'.

pete in mn

Old 08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Definitely send it back...it's worthless to you. Then try to get the refund after delivery. The Paypal disput route may work, but don't they charge $25 to do it? If so, you will get about $20 back after postage. That should be the very last resort, but I would do it since at least the seller loses his entire $50.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I doubt they charge anything for it as both items that were disputed in my case were under $10.

Jay

A good friend will come bail you out of jail. A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun."

Old 08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

After 90 days there is a charge to settle disputes through SquareTrade. I am not sure if there is a charge before that time period but don't think there is....regards

Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Re: Is this real T200? July 26 2006, 10:30 PM

I'm sorry to be a naysayer, Pete, but I think the card is a fake. About a year and a half ago several of these were floating around. Make sure to pay with a credit card, through Paypal using a credit card would be even better, because I am afraid you are going to have to return it and have the charge credited back to your account when you get it.

I was one of the guys who originally said the card was a fake and I am sorry to say I was right. I hate to see nice guys get the shaft on cards but hopefully you did pay with a credit card through Paypal. Immediately contact your credit card company and dispute the claim. Even if you open up a dispute case with Paypal, you need to do this. The sad thing is that if you had lied and told Paypal you never received the card, they would have refunded your money (through the seller) within 10 days. Even if he used a delivery confirmation. What a starnge world we live in.
Good luck Pete!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator

rub it in bob...twist that knife!!!! Just kidding. Unfortunately I pain through my bank acct through paypal. I already filed a claim through paypal and I plan to send the card back to the crook...I mean seller.

pete in mn

Old 08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Administrator

wow...same day service from paypal! i have received my money back in full...already...i feel redeemed. thanks for the advice guys...except bob!!!

pete in mn