NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Default Need Feedback -- Please read vintage collectors

Posted By: Dave Simon

My company is working on a site that is going to be dedicated to buying and selling vintage sports cards. It would be helpful if you all could give us some feedback in terms of features and functionality you would like to see online. Additionally, things you dislike about the current online sites would be helpful as well.

This is a good opportunity to talk about things you think should be done online and things that drive you bananas. Nothing is written in stone and the sky is the limit -- please don't hold back.

many thanks,ds

Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

The "15-minute" rule sucks! They already have 3 weeks to run up the price, just end it already!

Old 08-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Personally, I would like to see some crossover into vintage non-sports cards like the Duke's Civil War Generals, Allemn & Ginter Indians, Kinney military, etc.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

i can't imagine that i'm the only person who wants to see front and back scans of every card, even lousy condition $5 cards. i know it takes more time to do, but, and maybe i'm alone here- i won't buy anything i can't see, even if it says psa 4 next to it, etc.

also, sortable by name, set and price is helpful

Old 08-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Sea Raiders too!

Old 08-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Sesop, I believe "novice" collectors generally rely on the card fronts' appearance (T's). I have for a couple of years. Lately, I'm learning to more and more consider the backs for condition and scarcity after being enlightened by this board.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

1. End entire auction at same time after extended bidding, instead of lot by lot. I like the chance to switch targets if I get outrun on something late.

2. Somehow, along with #1 above, figure out a decent end time (onset of extended bidding w/15 minute rule) that balances the interests of all the various time zones. I don't know what that fair end time is, but I do know what it isn't ... 11:00 pm on a weeknight in Eastern Time Zone!!

Joann

Old 08-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

I just got it! I'll outbid you to sleep, Joann

Old 08-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Simon

Great feedback so far -- keep it coming. It is the seemingly minor details that will make this a better user experience.

How about this:

The plan is to offer items at a fixed price for an unlimited time. Buyers can bid on the item until it reaches the preset price or the seller decides to accept a lower price. If the seller elects to take a lower price they can:

a) take the current bid and end the listing or
b) start a 24 hr. auction of the item starting at the last bid price.

No 15 minute rule -- 24 hrs. and the highest bidder wins.

Thoughts on the above model?

thanks,ds