NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Jim M.arinari

Default OT: Video replay

This clip is pretty long, but hilarious. I think this is the first time a homerun was determined after the batter was out on the bases.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articl...video/11844022
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Steven

Pretty funny...the "phantom" swing was awesome...
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

If you have ever played baseball or have any interest in it, you really need to see this play. I have never seen anything like it in my 44 yrs of playing.....(since I was a tike). Unbelievable. This is the kind of OT I really enjoy seeing.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 AM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

I wonder - if his fake swing had been left handed - would it have counted? Wish he had done a Fisk wave down the first base line...
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

That's awesome....

It's been a strange week. Now that fantasy season's over, my guys are all having lucky weeks. This Morse phantom slam, and the Bailey no-hitter...I'd have been unstoppable...lol
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Richard Simon

Guaranteed to never happen again .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Ken McMillan

I think the imaginary bat hs pine tar to far up the bat.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

This video is classic! Just when you thought that you've seen everything.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Truely bizzare. Next thing you know Roosevelt will win the mascot race!

Seriosuly, I'm really curious as to why he had to return to home plate...
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

He should have done a Babe Ruth homerun call pointing to the outfield before the phantom swing. That would have been classic.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Bill T.

Default On the road? Don't think so

You can see Molina prompting Morse to take that swing. After the Philly episode earlier in the week with Werth not throwing the ball to the kids in the stands, I think Morse did the right thing by keeping it sort of low-key. If he'd been in front of a home crowd, he might have hammed it up a little more.

(BTW, Morse was the good guy in the whole Werth incident, passing out a bag of balls to the kids in the front row.)

Bill
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
He should have done a Babe Ruth homerun call pointing to the outfield before the phantom swing. That would have been classic.
I was thinking the same thing Ron. Good thing the phantom pitch wasn't high and tight.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman42 View Post
You can see Molina prompting Morse to take that swing. After the Philly episode earlier in the week with Werth not throwing the ball to the kids in the stands, I think Morse did the right thing by keeping it sort of low-key. If he'd been in front of a home crowd, he might have hammed it up a little more.

(BTW, Morse was the good guy in the whole Werth incident, passing out a bag of balls to the kids in the front row.)

Bill
Morse is one of the good guys in the league...He always seems happy, and willing to cater to the fans...It's a shame that one lack of judgement will haunt him for his entire career. The guys served 3 different PED suspensions for the same cycle that he technically took before the league started suspensions(apparently Deca-Durabolin, leaves traces for up to 2 years, OUCH!!!). Of any player, he was probably the most honest and upfront about his wrongdoings. All things considered, he's probably one of my favorite players in the league right now, in terms of ability and attitude.. Now if he could just stay healthy.

Last edited by novakjr; 10-01-2012 at 08:46 AM.