NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I figure it's been more than a month since I posted something last on here, so I thought I'd give it a whirl for those of you who are still tuned in.

I got these three 9"x12"s back from the photographers a couple of weeks ago. The Gehrig dates from '27, the DiMag from '36 and the Feller from '37. All of them originate from that master of disaster, Charles M. Conlon.

I also have a bunch of larger ones in progress, but I'll have to post them later when the studio is a bit cleaner and I can actually get them onto the easel to take photos of 'em. Some of them are even commissions from fellow board members. Woot!

Oh, and if you want to keep track of any painting stuff, I regularly update my Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...GraigKreindler

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 11-28-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Sean Brennan

nice job again Graig. Out of a personal preference, I prefer your action ones that show more of the stadium. Nothing against your close ups but for me your strongest with the wide action shots. Looking forward to seeing the ones your working on and for gods sake make a Hal Chase!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit1 View Post
nice job again Graig. Out of a personal preference, I prefer your action ones that show more of the stadium. Nothing against your close ups but for me your strongest with the wide action shots. Looking forward to seeing the ones your working on and for gods sake make a Hal Chase!
I second the call for a Chase...any candidates for a good Chase picture to work from???
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for your thoughts, Sean. I actually really enjoy doing those action shots the most, as like you, I love being able to see the ballpark. Man, if I could do one of those a month, I'd be super happy. Maybe I really need to start trying.

But yeah, the small ones are ultra-satisfying too. Thankfully, those images only go on the smaller panels, so in a way, I think of them like baseball cards - profile pictures, I guess. At the same time, they're not as tough to research as some of those other paintings, so they're a nice break from everything.

Regarding Chase, I've always loved this shot from '05. Though smiling, I always thought he looked kinda devilish.

Graig
Old 11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Barry Arnold

Default easel

incredibly beautiful work!!!
I love that you choose the master of disaster as your photographer.
I have the Conlon Paskert,Mowrey,Moeller, and L. Tannehill and they're displayed on one of my many(thankfully) office walls.

all the best,
barry
Old 11-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you so much, Barry!!

I'd love to see shots of those Conlons, if you have them. Especially the Tannehill.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Romeo Lombardi

beautiful art work thanks for sharing
Old 11-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for the compliments, Romeo!

This one needs another day or two, but it's almost there. Commissioned by a fellow board member, this is based off of another one of Conlon's beautiful pieces. I'm pretty sure this dates back to '25.

As usual, my photography stinks. Hope ya dig it anyways!

Graig
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Sean Brennan

Graig,
Thats a KILLER chase pic! Could you paint that with a stadium surrounding?