NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2018, 03:10 PM
John Wondowski

Default T202 Cross Over Results

I had eleven encapsulated T202 cards that I wanted to cross to PSA. Results are:

SGC 80 ---> PSA 5
SGC 70 ---> PSA 5
SGC 50 ---> PSA 4
SGC 10 ---> PSA 1
SGC 55 ---> PSA 4
SGC 84 ---> PSA 6
SGC 45 ---> PSA 3.5
SGC 80 ---> PSA 6
SGC 40 ---> PSA 3
BVG 3.5 ---> PSA 3
BVG 5.5 ---> PSA 4

I am happy with the crossover grades; I didnt have the kahunas to crack and submit so no chance of upgrades (I believe it works that way). I "lost" three total grade points on the SGC conversions and two points on the BVG conversions. Double checking my prices paid, I seem to have gained a few dollars relative to VCP.

Hopefully this small sample is informative to someone. The reason for crossing over was mostly holder consistancy - the card is the card. I have a group of seven in for reholdering; those T202s were in the PSA old style large window holders which I really dislike.

Last edited by wondo; 01-04-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:15 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
I had eleven encapsulated T202 cards that I wanted to cross to PSA. Results are:

SGC 80 ---> PSA 5
SGC 70 ---> PSA 5
SGC 50 ---> PSA 4
SGC 10 ---> PSA 1
SGC 55 ---> PSA 4
SGC 84 ---> PSA 6
SGC 45 ---> PSA 3.5
SGC 80 ---> PSA 6
SGC 40 ---> PSA 3
BVG 3.5 ---> PSA 3
BVG 5.5 ---> PSA 4

I am happy with the crossover grades; I didnt have the kahunas to crack and submit so no chance of upgrades (I believe it works that way). I "lost" three total grade points on the SGC conversions and two points on the BVG conversions. Double checking my prices paid, I seem to have gained a few dollars relative to VCP.

Hopefully this small sample is informative to someone. The reason for crossing over was mostly holder consistancy - the card is the card. I have a group of seven in for reholdering; those T202s were in the old style large window holders which I really dislike.
Were the SGC slabs older, as in graded some time ago, older slabs or were they all fairly recently graded (within the last 2-3 years)
Old 01-04-2018, 03:18 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Were the SGC slabs older, as in graded some time ago, older slabs or were they all fairly recently graded (within the last 2-3 years)
They varied, but I don't think I had any really old ones (more than 10 years). But, honestly, I'm not sure - sorry.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Steve L

Hi Wondo,

I had three low grade Daubert cards regraded for holder consistency last year. The results were not surprising. I'm going to regrade some better quality cards this year, so thanks for posting your results. I agree - the card is the card - but I sure do like getting a higher grade.

SGC 30 - PSA 1.5
SGC 10 - PSA 1MK
SGC 10 - PSA 1MK
Old 01-08-2018, 07:14 PM
John Wondowski

Got my cards today - not the fastest turn around, but worth the wait. When I get all the cards back from the reholders I'll post a group pic with the cards - very excited.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Dave Foster

These results are why I only sub to PSA and never to SGC. The latter's grading standards, particularly for o/c cards, fall far short of those for PSA. If you like how your cards appear in a SGC slab, keep on subbing to them. But, if you prefer to attach value to your cards - whether to keep or sell - sub to PSA. And no, JO isn't any relation.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:41 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
These results are why I only sub to PSA and never to SGC. The latter's grading standards, particularly for o/c cards, fall far short of those for PSA. If you like how your cards appear in a SGC slab, keep on subbing to them. But, if you prefer to attach value to your cards - whether to keep or sell - sub to PSA. And no, JO isn't any relation.
I respectfully disagree with your conclusion on value. PSA will get higher prices all else being equal on registry focused sets but increasingly buyers are basing their decisions on a vintage card's eye appeal regardless of grade or SGC vs. PSA. Also, I think SGC has gotten tougher on centering over the last year. I'm glad to see both trends taking place.

Last edited by griffon512; 01-08-2018 at 11:43 PM.