NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
I have been wondering about the three Kotton backs. Is it already known which of the three are the hardest backs to find, or are they already so hard to find, each of the three are equally difficult? Also, which of the three come in the "thin paper" variety? Last question, can the year be determined based on which of the three backs it is, like some of the t206s? Thanks for any input.
There is one thin variety, and it's by far the most difficult. It is the back that only says "Never Go Out" and doesn't have the additional wording "Extra Mild Not in a Trust" or the 1.2.3. statements. I am not sure about the other question.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is one thin variety, and it's by far the most difficult. It is the back that only says "Never Go Out" and doesn't have the additional wording "Extra Mild Not in a Trust" or the 1.2.3. statements. I am not sure about the other question.
I believe these are examples of the 3 Leon speaks of ... Barry has the extra words, Murphy has the 1. 2. 3., and Shean has no extra words.
Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barry_Kotton_(2366).jpg (70.1 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg Murphy_Kotton_(2637).jpg (57.6 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg Shean_Kotton_(2700).jpg (59.8 KB, 298 views)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:22 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Thanks, Leon. So that Ty Cobb of yours is also the thin variety, the "by far the most difficult?" I love that Cobb pose, regardless of the set. So, does anyone know if you can date the card based on the three backs? Which came first, second, third? I really like these cards, I think it is the thrill of the chase.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks, Leon. So that Ty Cobb of yours is also the thin variety, the "by far the most difficult?" I love that Cobb pose, regardless of the set. So, does anyone know if you can date the card based on the three backs? Which came first, second, third? I really like these cards, I think it is the thrill of the chase.
Yes, the Cobb is the thin variety. There has probably been research on when each type back was issued but if I ever saw it I don't remember now. I don't remember quite a bit though. And yes, the thrill of the chase is quite fun on really scarce issues.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:40 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Holy cow, am I the last guy in the group to realize that Mino is not a name, but an acronym? M.I.N.O., Made In New Orleans. That was a "what was I thinking" moment.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:17 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Holy cow, am I the last guy in the group to realize that Mino is not a name, but an acronym? M.I.N.O., Made In New Orleans. That was a "what was I thinking" moment.
nope...I AM the last guy!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Bry@n

I missed that too. I think I am going to start calling my son MINO.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:17 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

The Kotton I've had for a little while, but I just got the MINO and Virginia Extra. Thanks to Glenn for a great transaction on the MINO, I see you (Glenn) bought the VE in the BST auction! If I didn't win the one in Sterling, I would have been fighting you he one in BST. I have been wanting to be able to post just this, a Kotton, a MINO, and a Virginia Extra for a long time now. They may not be the prettiest ones at the dance, but I don't mind!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kotton 001.jpg (79.1 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg Kotton Back 001.jpg (77.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Mino 001.jpg (72.8 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Mino Back 001.jpg (66.0 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg Virginia Extra.jpg (74.6 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg VE back 001.jpg (62.1 KB, 138 views)

Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
The Kotton I've had for a little while, but I just got the MINO and Virginia Extra. Thanks to Glenn for a great transaction on the MINO, I see you (Glenn) bought the VE in the BST auction! If I didn't win the one in Sterling, I would have been fighting you he one in BST. I have been wanting to be able to post just this, a Kotton, a MINO, and a Virginia Extra for a long time now. They may not be the prettiest ones at the dance, but I don't mind!
Ed,

I will need to find a replacement MINO now, but I was able to afford the VE thanks to your purchasing the Bridwell. Are you going to go after the other Kotton ad backs now?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

I sure would like to! Got any leads?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Not really. Probably you're already aware of this, but there's one with a Best Offer option on eBay right now, and there will be a couple of auction houses going live later this week, but I don't know if they have any T216s.