NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Brendan Mullen

This gizmo guy never answers the questions of whether he knew the cards were doctored, erased, etc. He basically avoided everything.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default edited

I got an autographed copy of Hager's comprehensive price guide to rare baseball cards 1886 to present book, which is worth zip. Probably belongs in the trash. This is what happens to people that ruin the hobby.

Last edited by Leon; 11-12-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default edited

DICKY just private message me with one of his normal vulgar comments. Is there a way to block his messages?

Last edited by Leon; 11-12-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Don't feed him after midnight......trolls turn into gremlins.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Cory

I have had several great transactions with Sean, but have no vested interest in either party here. For me, this is the most entertaining thread I've ever read on here. It's as entertaining as the first and second season of Homeland. We even had a 5 month hiatus here between seasons. Just top caliber entertainment.
Thanks,
Cory Weiser
Old 03-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieJoss View Post
I have had several great transactions with Sean, but have no vested interest in either party here. For me, this is the most entertaining thread I've ever read on here. It's as entertaining as the first and second season of Homeland. We even had a 5 month hiatus here between seasons. Just top caliber entertainment.
Thanks,
Cory Weiser
It's tough to beat the thread where Bruce threatened to sue Archive, but this one has potential.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:48 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
It's tough to beat the thread where Bruce threatened to sue Archive, but this one has potential.
This one is definitely gaining ground quick. But this still isn't even in the same ballpark as "bruce suing archive" or "steaknchop's corned beef hash" or "the nuns Wagner". Those 3 are easily tops. Not many have even come close. I agree this definitely has the potential to join those ranks, but it's still too early to tell.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Ri.ck Gidd.ings

Default Sean bassik cards?--beware!

Who made this guy a card dealer?This guy walked around the convention with a briefcase of money trying to impress people?What he is,is a pupil of a card hobby that he knows nothing about?Or who the players are?I CAN TELL YOU THAT ANYONE THAT SEEN THE CARDS THIS IDIOT DESCRIBED FALSLEY,WE CAN PRODUCE PHOTOS OF THE COLLECTION WHICH WAS CONSIGNED TO US! PLEASE EMAIL US AT PIRATE8@AOL.COM FOR PHOTOS.Also MR.Baskin AKA sonny boy we have two witnesses to you purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet?And this clown was walking around the show with a bodyguard?I can see by the way you try to tear good dealers down you would need one!My suggestion sonny boy AKA Sean Baskin is that you delete your false statements,cause you are in threat of a large lawsuit,screwed with the wrong guy there Mr. Mustache!----And treat people the way you want to be treated? And let your concious be your guide.Sorry fellow dealers and collectors,we hate answering false prophets,but this one had to be done.Maybe you should stay with coins,hope you know how to grade them,cause you sure dont know cards!!!!!!----And for the guy asking about erased cards,trimmed,and all that stuff,wee do not sell,buy or do business with any of the doctors in industry--its called morals!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:50 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

The grammar police are going to have a field day in this thread.

Jeff G@rf!nke!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:10 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

...see, what you want to do, after you add a closing punctuation mark, like a question mark, exclamation point, or period, you want to hit "spacebar spacebar." Watch closely, I'm going to do it right now. See that? It separates sentences and makes it much easier for your reader's comprehension. Hey, I just did it again! And again! I think it gets addictive after a while.

Ken
Old 03-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Luke Lyon

Also MR.Baskin AKA sonny boy we have two witnesses to you purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet?

This is such a great sentence. It delivers, yet leaves the reader wanting more. So many questions. Does Gizmo really not remember Sean's last name, or is he just mis-spelling it to be cool? Does he really have two witnesses to Sean purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet? Or does he not have two witnesses? Does he know what a comma is? Did he simply drink too much on a Saturday night? So much intrigue.

Luke Lyon
Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 AM

Nevermind

Last edited by boysblue; 03-09-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:59 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

Looks like someone ate after midnight again.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
Looks like someone ate after midnight again.

This is my favorite post in quite some time. Well played.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

Where oh Where is Wonka and his photoshop?
Old 03-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Cory

I was at the National last year, and going again this year. I can not recall the bad lighting sections. Does anyone know where the bad lighting is, and why would one prefer this bad lighting? I apologize if this sounds naive.
Thanks,
Cory
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmossportscards View Post
Who made this guy a card dealer?This guy walked around the convention with a briefcase of money trying to impress people?What he is,is a pupil of a card hobby that he knows nothing about?Or who the players are?I CAN TELL YOU THAT ANYONE THAT SEEN THE CARDS THIS IDIOT DESCRIBED FALSLEY,WE CAN PRODUCE PHOTOS OF THE COLLECTION WHICH WAS CONSIGNED TO US! PLEASE EMAIL US AT PIRATE8@AOL.COM FOR PHOTOS.Also MR.Baskin AKA sonny boy we have two witnesses to you purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet?And this clown was walking around the show with a bodyguard?I can see by the way you try to tear good dealers down you would need one!My suggestion sonny boy AKA Sean Baskin is that you delete your false statements,cause you are in threat of a large lawsuit,screwed with the wrong guy there Mr. Mustache!----And treat people the way you want to be treated? And let your concious be your guide.Sorry fellow dealers and collectors,we hate answering false prophets,but this one had to be done.Maybe you should stay with coins,hope you know how to grade them,cause you sure dont know cards!!!!!!----And for the guy asking about erased cards,trimmed,and all that stuff,wee do not sell,buy or do business with any of the doctors in industry--its called morals!
This seems to be the same rant that was seen a while ago on the PSA boards. The only thing that has been changed is the name of the person being attacked. As I recall no lawsuits were filed there and I am pretty sure none will be filed here. Just a whole lot of bluster from an internet tough guy in my opinion. It is because of these rants I have avoided the Gizzard tables at the National and other Chicago area shows. It isnt worth the time to deal with someone such as this.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default card

Ive dealt with Sean..and have had no problems at all
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984-Topps-Gremlins-61-260x184.jpg (31.0 KB, 859 views)
File Type: jpg 1984-Topps-Gremlins-69.jpg (27.4 KB, 853 views)
Old 03-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
This gizmo guy never answers the questions of whether he knew the cards were doctored, erased, etc. He basically avoided everything.
was thinking the same thing. Then he tries to spin it as Sean is the bad dealer we need to avoid, with zero evidence to back up that claim. The whole five months later thing is just priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
Also MR.Baskin AKA sonny boy we have two witnesses to you purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet?

This is such a great sentence. It delivers, yet leaves the reader wanting more. So many questions. Does Gizmo really not remember Sean's last name, or is he just mis-spelling it to be cool? Does he really have two witnesses to Sean purchasing cards in bad lighting on a floor where the lights were not turned on yet? Or does he not have two witnesses? Does he know what a comma is? Did he simply drink too much on a Saturday night? So much intrigue.

Luke Lyon

Last edited by CW; 03-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Brendan Mullen

The great thing about America is that we can walk around with briefcases full of money, and bodyguards, and can choose our hobbies (whether it be coins or cards or both). Not sure why these are even issues.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:56 AM
K!ya S@bet

Gizmo still uses AOL.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 AM
pete ullman

My dad can't get off AOL either!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Gizmo still uses AOL.
He also still brags about having been an "authenticator" at Global Authority. I really don't think that means, what he thinks it means...
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
He also still brags about having been an "authenticator" at Global Authority. I really don't think that means, what he thinks it means...
That's something to brag about?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:05 AM
N.ate A.dams

I don't know how seriously we can take a guy who is electronically screaming, and in the same "sentence" - or whatever the heck one would call the various sections in his rhetoric - asks people to send a request to email: "pirate8@aol.com". Really? ... I mean.... "pirate8@aol.com" for someone who is screaming that their trustworthy?

I feel like it's Fredo screaming: "It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smaht! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smaht and I want respect!"

Last edited by npa589; 03-09-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
Because, no matter how he answers that, he implicates himself. If he admits to knowing they were erased, doctored, then he's admitting that he is shady. If he says that he didn't know, then he's admitting that he's just a $h!tty dealer, who doesn't understand the hobby..

He actually reminds me A LOT of a local around here. Good dude, BUT he can be a little shady at times. I guess, to an extent, that comes with being one of the few brick and mortars left in the area. Don't get me wrong, there are some, that legitimately just hung on by the skin of their teeth, but EVERY area has that ONE GUY who does whatever it takes to milk every last penny, to keep himself afloat.. Whether it be fake autos, overgraded/doctored cards, or whatever...
Old 03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Ryan Christoff

Quote:
And treat people the way you want to be treated? And let your concious be your guide.
I just wanted to point out that there is a space between these two sentences, and that makes me very happy. Also very happy about letting your concious be your guide. These rants are the best. Very readable. Easy to follow. Professional. Many letters, often forming words. Many words. Sometimes words are used to express cogent thoughts and make logical arguments, but this is better.

-Ryan
Old 03-09-2014, 11:56 AM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Quote:
I did not realize there is a "committee" that decides who gets to be a card dealer. Obviously Sean did not apply to get his dealer card.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCabron View Post
I just wanted to point out that there is a space between these two sentences, and that makes me very happy. Also very happy about letting your concious be your guide. These rants are the best. Very readable. Easy to follow. Professional. Many letters, often forming words. Many words. Sometimes words are used to express cogent thoughts and make logical arguments, but this is better.

-Ryan
"And treat people the way you want to be treated?"

I agree, he's taken a step forward in his punctuative skills. But I'm a little concerned with the "?". He says it, as though he's unsure of it..
Old 03-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Sebastian

"who made this guy a card dealer?" thats a classic line, who makes anyone a card dealer

Last edited by sebie43; 03-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Spell check primer

When you are typing a response on this forum, if the word is underlined in red, that means it is spelled incorrectly. Right click on the word and it will give you the correct spelling.

Try it sometime. Thank you.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:54 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
When you are typing a response on this forum, if the word is underlined in red, that means it is spelled incorrectly. Right click on the word and it will give you the correct spelling.

Try it sometime. Thank you.
You have to have spell checker on your machine for that. On my home computer, I have it. Yes, it underlines the misspelled word in red. On my work computer, I don't have it, so it doesn't flag the misspelled words.

What I usually do at work is type a response, copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and spell check it that way before I hit the submit button.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I would just love once that once of these people would follow through with a lawsuit (they never can because it is nearly impossible to prove damages) BUT it would be fantastic to have his business records opened and scrutinized for all (collectors, dealers, IRS, etc.) to see. It would be eyeopening I am sure.

Joshua
Old 03-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
I would just love once that once of these people would follow through with a lawsuit (they never can because it is nearly impossible to prove damages) BUT it would be fantastic to have his business records opened and scrutinized for all (collectors, dealers, IRS, etc.) to see. It would be eyeopening I am sure.

Joshua
It would be interesting.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:03 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I wonder what the actual percentage of times that someone yells "I'm gonna sue you! You'll be hearing from my lawyer!" and then actually follows through with a lawsuit is?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:07 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I wonder what the actual percentage of times that someone yells "I'm gonna sue you! You'll be hearing from my lawyer!" and then actually follows through with a lawsuit is?
As far as the threats on card forums. I'd think that the % is about the same as the % of items that Rick authenticated while at Global Authority, being authentic..
Old 03-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Check out the comments from the video that was posted earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmY9sjLEmI

His best customer is himself and sisters. Neighbor not happy.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post

"Rick is the best!---Great Dealer!" written by himself... I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, but I can't help but laugh my @$$ off.. I'm not sure if it's comically pathetic, or genius..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (7.2 KB, 1182 views)

Last edited by novakjr; 03-09-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Mike Oberl@nder

Was it Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain who said the following?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Twas the Good book proverbs I believe.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:55 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post

I clicked on the link. All I got was Beiber's egg-shelled neighbor's house
Old 03-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Ri.ck Gidd.ings

Default Thank you Leon

Enjoy this forum really only for info,not the drama from a bad seed in Arizona!
Anyway talk to you soon and yes the caps are off--lol-----Giz
Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Heck I was selling cards son when your momma was thinking about hatching your stupid hind end?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 03-10-2014 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:50 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koufax32fan View Post
Was it Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain who said the following?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
Twas the Good book proverbs I believe.
It was Abraham Lincoln whom was paraphrasing Proverbs 17:28.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Enjoy this forum really only for info,not the drama from a bad seed in Arizona!
Anyway talk to you soon and yes the caps are off--lol-----Giz
Giz?? Is that you? I didnt recognize you without the caps!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Christopher Williams

Hey, Rick, what about all of those Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, etc., forgeries with GAI certs (Mike Baker) that flooded the market years ago and continue to infect the hobby?

Can you shed some light?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Doug Goodman

Speaking purely as a guy who spent 6 hours sitting at my own dining room table with Sean going thru my Topps collection as we worked out a deal for me to sell it to him, I can only say that he didn't hesitate to point out the good (or the bad) and I felt like he treated me fairly.

I don't know Rick, so I have no opinion of him as a dealer, but I did find it entertaining that he commented on the video about himself, by calling himself "the best".

Doug

Last edited by doug.goodman; 03-10-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:31 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

I received an obtuse message from him in my PM box this morning. Anybody else?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Do share......still have any of those bogus colored fro-joys left Rick?
Closed Thread