NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Yep, as soon as I knew I was getting it back I listed it in hopes to get more $, but I'm not really sure at this point the best way to upgrade these two for one higher graded one.

If you recall, I had a deal for a PSA 3 and the seller turned out to be an unethical piece of sh*t
Old 10-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmokramer View Post
Yep, as soon as I knew I was getting it back I listed it in hopes to get more $, but I'm not really sure at this point the best way to upgrade these two for one higher graded one.

If you recall, I had a deal for a PSA 3 and the seller turned out to be an unethical piece of sh*t
Or you never sold that PSA 2(MC), as you claimed to for added sympathy, and are a drama queen. I mean you literally pulled the listing minutes after I messaged you about it on ebay.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-11-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:07 PM

You clearly don't know how to do business, everyone on here has confirmed that. You've screwed many people and I have PMs in my box confirming it.

As for what happened with the Mantle, you'll do and say whatever you can to smear someone else and deflect the focus off of you and your bad dealings. The truth is I don't care what you think. Your a lowly piece of sh*t as I said before and that's that.

Feel free to continue to post as much as you want, after this I won't even respond as your not even worth the time it takes to respond.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
You clearly don't know how to do business, everyone on here has confirmed that. You've screwed many people and I have PMs in my box confirming it.

As for what happened with the Mantle, you'll do and say whatever you can to smear someone else and deflect the focus off of you and your bad dealings. The truth is I don't care what you think. Your a lowly piece of sh*t as I said before and that's that.

Feel free to continue to post as much as you want, after this I won't even respond as your not even worth the time it takes to respond.
I actually had no intention of smearing you or I would have done it on Friday when I called you out on it through ebay. It wasn't worth bumping the thread from my perspective. Then I read your "awesome update" today and figured I would share what I know. People can draw their own conclusions, but you and I both know you pulled the listing minutes after I asked you about it.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Blah blah blah blah. The only thing you and I know is that we made a deal, I paid you over $3000, then you backed out... Wanting more $ of course.

Maybe I should share the PMs from others where you did the same thing to them and then said you'd still do the deal for an extra $100.

Your a piece of sh*t. I'll continue to repeat that until you stop posting or I get banned from the board. For now I'll make sure NOBODY ever does a deal with you so you can't continue your shady practices.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah. The only thing you and I know is that we made a deal, I paid you over $3000, then you backed out... Wanting more $ of course.

Maybe I should share the PMs from others where you did the same thing to them and then said you'd still do the deal for an extra $100.

Your a piece of sh*t. I'll continue to repeat that until you stop posting or I get banned from the board. For now I'll make sure NOBODY ever does a deal with you so you can't continue your shady practices.
Do you honestly think I give a rats ass what you do? You sound like a bitter high-school girl who got dumped before prom. Trust me, I enjoy owning the Mantle and have no interest in selling it at this time.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Mike Mattsey

Old 10-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Dan bought one but his seller reneged on him, so Dan in turn reneged on his buyer, Cozmo. Cozmo in the meantime sold one but then bought it back, listed it on ebay but pulled it, and also bought another one. So it's status quo except Cozmo now has a second one. That, and a bunch of profanity all around. Fair summary?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Dan bought one but his seller reneged on him, so Dan in turn reneged on his buyer, Cozmo. Cozmo in the meantime sold one but then bought it back, listed it on ebay but pulled it, and also bought another one. So it's status quo except Cozmo now has a second one. That, and a bunch of profanity all around. Fair summary?
And these are the Story line for the soap opera "As the Stomach Turns". Yawn
Old 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Jeff

A good trainwreck all the way around.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-11-2015, 04:04 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:

That pretty bad of seller if all this drama around pulling the card for the $3,000.00 and then said would sell the card for $100 more which would be $3100...

there was also a post about him saying he was going to change his mind in the morning but then after seeing a post or something he didnt go through on the $3000

correct me if im wrong that you didnt agree to sell the card after all this drama for $3100...cause i honestly may be incorrect in my understanding..
Old 10-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Al Richter

Default Train wreck

An awesome update can lead to a train wreck ?
Old 10-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
That pretty bad of seller if all this drama around pulling the card for the $3,000.00 and then said would sell the card for $100 more which would be $3100...

there was also a post about him saying he was going to change his mind in the morning but then after seeing a post or something he didnt go through on the $3000

correct me if im wrong that you didnt agree to sell the card after all this drama for $3100...cause i honestly may be incorrect in my understanding..
No, our deal was for $3250. I backed out and immediately refunded because I chose to keep the card after a deal I had in place for an upgrade got backed out of by another seller. It was a bad move on my part and I accept the consequences.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:47 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
No, our deal was for $3250. I backed out and immediately refunded because I chose to keep the card after a deal I had in place for an upgrade got backed out of by another seller. It was a bad move on my part and I accept the consequences.
ah ok so you didnt try to get 100 more from the buyer after the refund...my bad.........also you said you accept the consequences....but now do you regret the consequences...?

also full disclosure: i did buy psa 5 Leaf Jackie robinson from Gobucs and the transaction went fine without a hitch a few months ago..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-11-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Gobucsmagic74

I regret listing the card for sale before I had the upgrade in hand and I am sorry for backing out of the deal with Eric. Not sure how I can both accept and regret the consequences but I do wish none of this ever happened and acknowledge that it's my fault.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
ah ok so you didnt try to get 100 more from the buyer after the refund...my bad.........also you said you accept the consequences....but now do you regret the consequences...?

also full disclosure: i did buy psa 5 Leaf Jackie robinson from Gobucs and the transaction went fine without a hitch a few months ago..
My understanding is that the 100.00 more was on another person's deal by the same seller. The person who was to buy a card at x, then offered the card at x + 100.00 mailed the original poster about their failed deal.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Shenker View Post
My understanding is that the 100.00 more was on another person's deal by the same seller. The person who was to buy a card at x, then offered the card at x + 100.00 mailed the original poster about their failed deal.
Too many levels of hearsay there for me. If other people feel Dan has done wrong by them, they should come forward, otherwise we should not be generalizing beyond this deal, out of fairness.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-11-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Shenker View Post
This is inaccurate. First, the deal was made...it was not a failed deal. Buyer paid via regular paypal and when I asked him if he would send via paypal gift as described in the listing he opted to pay $100 more (it was a $2700 deal and he paid the extra $100 to cover the paypal fees and overnight shipping). That was his choice. I offered to refund the original payment and have him send the exact same amount he had paid via paypal gift.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

First World problem.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:12 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

"This is inaccurate. First, the deal was made...it was not a failed deal. Buyer paid via regular paypal and when I asked him if he would send via paypal gift as described in the listing he opted to pay $100 more (it was a $2700 deal and he paid the extra $100 to cover the paypal fees and overnight shipping). That was his choice. I offered to refund the original payment and have him send the exact same amount he had paid via paypal gift"

I guess you are talking about the deal you did with me.
Those details are not 100% accurate.
I bought your M116 wagner that you were originaly asking 2750.00 for.
After the listing was up for what you said "45 min" I offered you 2625.00.
You said if you can come up to 2675.00 it is a deal.
Within 1 Min I agreed. We then spoke on the phone and I said I did not feel comfortable paying FF so could I cover the fees. Also at that time you said you would ship the package 1 day mail at your dime. I then paid you instantly for 2750.00 regular paypal.
Then we had an issue because you actually never had the card in hand. 4 days later you now have it. Then you told me you had other people saying they wanted the card and had an offer of 3250.00 along with other offers of 2750 with FF. Then you called me with the card in hand and asked if I could come up on my original offer. We then agreed Id come up another 75.00 to make it as if you got the original 2750 that you wanted. I then asked if you would mail it 1 day mail. And you asked I was paying for that option. So i gave you 100.00 in total extra for a total of 2850.00 for the card.
I love the card. And it is being authenticated now.
This was my only experience with this seller. I also contacted Leon after the transaction.

Last edited by cobblove; 10-11-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

Rashomon on the BST.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-11-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Rashomon on the BST.
That's not how I remember it happening.

__
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Last edited by egri; 06-23-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Too many levels of hearsay there for me. If other people feel Dan has done wrong by them, they should come forward, otherwise we should not be generalizing beyond this deal, out of fairness.
I was merely clarifying what I thought had happened based on what was said in the post because it sounded like the poster and I had a different take on the series of events.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Dan Bretta

One thing seems to be clear though, a deal is never done with Gobucs after terms are agreed upon.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

"Then you called me with the card in hand and asked if I could come up on my original offer."

To be clear, this was after you had paid and the deal was, in your mind, done?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:18 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

"
To be clear, this was after you had paid and the deal was, in your mind, done?"

100% yes
Paid and waiting for my card to come.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:22 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

"

100% yes

He was supposed to mail it the day he got it 1 day mail to me. It was expected to come monday he told me. Ended up coming Thursday.(to him, not me)
After that he asked for more money. After being strung along I just wanted the card and the deal to be done. So I agreed to giving him the extra 100.00 as he said he needed money for X reasons.

I dont care to go into this anymore. Other than the fact I feel taken.

Last edited by cobblove; 10-11-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblove View Post
"

100% yes
Why did you pay more then? Was he threatening to refund your money and take one of his claimed higher offers? Or were you just afraid of losing the deal?

OK I see your second post now.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-11-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Don

Old 10-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
"

100% yes

He was supposed to mail it the day he got it 1 day mail to me. It was expected to come monday he told me. Ended up coming Thursday.(to him, not me)
After that he asked for more money. After being strung along I just wanted the card and the deal to be done. So I agreed to giving him the extra 100.00 as he said he needed money for X reasons.

I dont care to go into this anymore. Other than the fact I feel taken.
So you don't recall me asking if you would allow me to refund you so that you could simply re-send the money via Paypal FF and you opting, that is making a choice on your own accord, to send $100 more to cover the Paypal fees and overnight shipping as I had asked for payment via Paypal FF?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
So you don't recall me asking if you would allow me to refund you so that you could simply re-send the money via Paypal FF and you opting, that is making a choice on your own accord, to send $100 more to cover the Paypal fees and overnight shipping as I had asked for payment via Paypal FF?
Why are you even using paypal friends and family for a BST transaction?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Why are you even using paypal friends and family for a BST transaction?
Who doesn't?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:01 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

We agreed on a non Paypal FF.
I paid the difference.
We agreed for 2675.00 VIA PM!! ON HERE.
I paid the fees extra added to the 2675.00.
I dont trust you at this point. And the card in question is still being authenticated.
Your character at this point is making me happy I did not use FF Paypal.

"So you don't recall me asking if you would allow me to refund you so that you could simply re-send the money via Paypal FF and you opting, that is making a choice on your own accord, to send $100 more to cover the Paypal fees and overnight shipping as I had asked for payment via Paypal FF?""

Aslo I sent 2850.00.. We made a deal for 2675.00 I paid the fees for 2675.00 making it 2750......
YOu then got the card 4 days later after I called you every day , not one missed. And then you asked for another 100.00
I hope the card comes back clean from PSA. as this is making me question the fact it should like you said it would.
Please stop PMing me Dan and just make it public.

Last edited by cobblove; 10-11-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:04 PM

What does my character have to do with what method you used to pay him?
Old 10-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Time for the Frogman - Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbfJ3t3CwBc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FrogmanHDRright.jpg (72.6 KB, 408 views)

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Who doesn't?
Oh, several folks.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Oh, several folks.
While I agree that several folks don't use FF...it's kinda lame to attack him at this angle. A shit ton of people use this method to pay, so if we're gonna go after Paypal FF users, let's set up a thread and throw stones that way. Next, let's ask how well he tips his waiters/waitresses...
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 10-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
While I agree that several folks don't use FF...it's kinda lame to attack him at this angle. A shit ton of people use this method to pay, so if we're gonna go after Paypal FF users, let's set up a thread and throw stones that way. Next, let's ask how well he tips his waiters/waitresses...
I hardly ever use the BST...very few items listed fit my collecting niche, I was just curious why people would use FF Paypal. Seems like an easy way to invite the IRS into your affairs when you're moving thousands of dollars with FF on a consistent basis.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 10-11-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
We agreed on a non Paypal FF.
I paid the difference.
We agreed for 2675.00 VIA PM!! ON HERE.
I paid the fees extra added to the 2675.00.
I dont trust you at this point. And the card in question is still being authenticated.
Your character at this point is making me happy I did not use FF Paypal.

"So you don't recall me asking if you would allow me to refund you so that you could simply re-send the money via Paypal FF and you opting, that is making a choice on your own accord, to send $100 more to cover the Paypal fees and overnight shipping as I had asked for payment via Paypal FF?""

Aslo I sent 2850.00.. We made a deal for 2675.00 I paid the fees for 2675.00 making it 2750......
YOu then got the card 4 days later after I called you every day , not one missed. And then you asked for another 100.00
I hope the card comes back clean from PSA. as this is making me question the fact it should like you said it would.
Please stop PMing me Dan and just make it public.
Did I not admit in discussions with you that I should not have listed the card in BST until it was in-hand and that I was shocked it sold as quickly as it did (within an hour of posting)? Did I not offer to refund your money until the card arrived on at least two occasions, answer every phone call you made to me, and update you on the tracking status daily? Did I not overnight the card to you the day it arrived and send you tracking information? Did you not have the card in-hand within five days of sending payment? Do you have any legitimate concerns about the card's authenticity? I have not heard of any prior to this evening when you stated publicly, "I love the card", but do you have any real concerns?

Yes, I did receive cash offers for the card exceeding the sale price even after the card was identified as sold in BST, and yes I did ask if you would consider re-sending the funds via paypal FF at which time you offered to pay $100 to cover the paypal fees and pay for overnight shipping.

If you are/were so unhappy with the deal, which is news to me, then why don't we just agree right now publicly that I will pay you whatever it cost you to have it graded and you can ship it back to me (at my expense) for a full refund as soon as you get it back? In other words, we'll just call the whole thing off and you send it back to me regardless of the grading outcome. Work for you? I doubt anyone would want to purchase a M116 Blue Wagner from me, but hell, I'll happily keep it.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-11-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I hardly ever use the BST...very few items listed fit my collecting niche, I was just curious why people would use FF Paypal. Seems like an easy way to invite the IRS into your affairs when you're moving thousands of dollars with FF on a consistent basis.
I get it, Dan...it's a big risk and honestly, just not smart really. But this has been going on for some time now and it's nothing new under the sun. I'm not a big buyer/seller money wise, but if I were to make a big transaction, I wouldn't want to make it a FF transfer for obvious reasons.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 10-11-2015, 10:50 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

"Did I not admit in discussions with you that I should not have listed the card until it was in-hand (I was shocked it sold as quickly as it did and we discussed that)? Did I not offer to refund your money until the card arrived on at least two occasions, answer every phone call you made to me, and update you on the tracking status daily? Did I not overnight the card to you the day it arrived and send you tracking information? Do you have any legitimate concerns about the card's authenticity? I have not heard of any prior to this evening when you stated publicly, "I love the card", but do you have any real concerns?

Yes, I did receive cash offers for the card exceeding the sale price even after the card was identified as sold in BST, and yes I did ask if you would consider re-sending the funds via paypal FF at which time you offered to pay $100 to cover the paypal fees and pay for overnight shipping. "

All of this was used to ask for 100.00 more.
After we had a deal.

And yes the card in question is still being authenticated. And I am concerned.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
"Did I not admit in discussions with you that I should not have listed the card until it was in-hand (I was shocked it sold as quickly as it did and we discussed that)? Did I not offer to refund your money until the card arrived on at least two occasions, answer every phone call you made to me, and update you on the tracking status daily? Did I not overnight the card to you the day it arrived and send you tracking information? Do you have any legitimate concerns about the card's authenticity? I have not heard of any prior to this evening when you stated publicly, "I love the card", but do you have any real concerns?

Yes, I did receive cash offers for the card exceeding the sale price even after the card was identified as sold in BST, and yes I did ask if you would consider re-sending the funds via paypal FF at which time you offered to pay $100 to cover the paypal fees and pay for overnight shipping. "

All of this was used to ask for 100.00 more.
After we had a deal.

And yes the card in question is still being authenticated. And I am concerned.
So do you want to call the deal off right now and return the Wagner for a full refund as soon as it comes back regardless of grading outcome?

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-11-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:42 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I did receive cash offers for the card exceeding the sale price even after the card was identified as sold in BST,
You had board members make you an offer even after the card was marked as sold? They should be identified.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
You had board members make you an offer even after the card was marked as sold? They should be identified.
Yes I did and they will be the first members I contact if Derek would like to return the card.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 10-12-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Robert Williams

Enough of this crap. Leon, lock this thread please!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:11 AM
M.att C H A R L T O N

Quote:
+1
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
I agree but in reality this problem is so bad you can't even post a eBay purchase on this site before you get it in hand because members here will PM the eBay seller trying to screw over the buyer so they can get that precious card.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Enough of this crap. Leon, lock this thread please!
Why, it's drama on the high seas!!

BTW, I generally use paypal FF when it is a transaction with a friend.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Peter Spaeth

The salient point here seems to be that even leaving aside the FF vs regular paypal, after the deal was completed, Dan apparently asked for more money. because he had better offers.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-12-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
The salient point here seems to be that even leaving aside the FF vs regular paypal, after the deal was completed, Dan apparently asked for more money. because he had better offers.
I asked Derek if he'd be willing to pay via Paypal FF and he offered to pay $100more instead, that's the bottom line.