NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: Dave

The T204 set is a great looking set. Have many people found many
errors in the series. I only collect Topsy Hartsel cards but he isn't
listed in this series. You don't know how surprised I was when I saw
his picture on a T204 at the Fort Washington show several years ago.
The card has Topsy Hartsels picture but all the info is for Roy Hartzell.
I'd like hear about other collectors experiences in this series or similar
experiences in other series.

Dave

Old 01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: leon

Very interesting about the Hartsel card. We have a few very die hard T204 collectors on the board so maybe they can chime in. I only know of the blank backed cards, not square frames, and the reverse image cards, as errors...but those are printing errors and not player errors..... It's a great set and I have always liked the look of it...good luck in the quest. best regards

Old 01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: scott brockelman

Probably the most pronounced is an upside down 2 part Ramly back(a production story of it's own). To date I have seen 1.

2nd would be the "reverse glossy" Lew refers to in his book, where the glossy coating is applied to the back instead of the front. I have 4 of these, one being a TTT so an entire sheet would have had to have been produced this way.

3rd I have only seen 1 but others may exist where the gold border has been smeared across the card during production.Hard to believe that this is not more common as the gold probably had little time to dry between sheet runs.

To date I have not seen any miscut 2 player cards, wildly OC or over printed cards, the like of which we find on T205, T206, T207, etc.

Ramly production was probably very small and handled locally by a high end printing shop, thus very few errors are found.

for a viewing of some related pieces go here:

http://sb1.50megs.com/index.html

Scott

Old 01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: leon

Are there any team errors or wrong person errors, other than Hartsel? I know Baker is actually Seymour in a few other sets and I have a BF2 blanket of Weaver that has Zimmerman on it ( I think that's it)....and there are many more in other sets....but I don't know about T204 as much....thanks much

edited typo

Old 01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: scott brockelman

There could be team changes not noted, I have not checked to see. Other than that I believe all players other Hartsel are associated correctly, there are several spelling errors however, well over a dozen.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: Holstein

The McIntyre card lists him as Left Fielder for Detroit AL. However, all checklists name him as Harry McIntyre, who was a pitcher for Brooklyn - and whose name was spelled McIntire. Matty McIntyre was a left fielder for Detroit. Correct me if I am wrong, but something is screwed up here. The only thing I can figure is the image is clearly Harry - since the spelling, team, and position indicate Matty.

Paul

Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default T204 Errors

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

The T204 of John "Red" Kleinow is spelled incorrectly as "Kleinon."

Patrick