NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 PM

Default What theme would this Penn State Football Be?

So im not sure of any big names on this other than Paterno.....Looking to see what value you guys think and if its worth authenticating. Originally thought it was a team signed ball but I checked college football reference and some of the guys played different years so I dont think its all same year same team. Thanks again ! (Sorry for all the pictures there is alot of auto's)

Old 04-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

It could have been some sort of alumni reunion for former football players.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

It almost looks like it is printed. One of the signatures goes through stitching and looks like it is under it. Several of the people sign over logos and there is no variation. I could see them trying to avoid the logos and stitching since there is a lot of empty space on the ball. All of the signatures are a consistent thickness with many about the same size. I could be incorrect, but that was my first impression.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
It almost looks like it is printed. One of the signatures goes through stitching and looks like it is under it. Several of the people sign over logos and there is no variation. I could see them trying to avoid the logos and stitching since there is a lot of empty space on the ball. All of the signatures are a consistent thickness with many about the same size. I could be incorrect, but that was my first impression.
Up close the lines definitely go over the seams. There are spots where I can tell the markers jumped a crevice though. Just trying to figure out some type of value and I guess to get a real value ill have to authenticate to know all the names. It will prob be fun to research once i see whos all on it.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes1111 View Post
Up close the lines definitely go over the seams. There are spots where I can tell the markers jumped a crevice though. Just trying to figure out some type of value and I guess to get a real value ill have to authenticate to know all the names. It will prob be fun to research once i see whos all on it.
Unless it is a national championship team it may not have a lot of value except to a Penn State collector. It has Paterno which is good, but non-themed balls do not attract the attention. I would not waste my time with an 'opinionator'. It is not worth the price you would pay. Additionally, they would state 'in their opinion they believe it to be genuine based on blah, blah, blah and known exemplars. It is highly unlikely they would have signature samples of any of the signatures on that ball other than Paterno.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 04-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Unless it is a national championship team it may not have a lot of value except to a Penn State collector. It has Paterno which is good, but non-themed balls do not attract the attention. I would not waste my time with an 'opinionator'. It is not worth the price you would pay..
Agreed. A team signed ball is going to cost you upwards of $150 to authenticate. You would be lucky to get that for it. Team signed items are tough to sell. Most collectors who want a Paterno auto want it signed by only him.