NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2019, 06:02 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default Submitting to PSA for a reholder

I never submit anything for grading and haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere. I am not a PSA Collector's Club member, but I bought a PSA graded card on Ebay that showed up with a crack on the back and an eyelash is also on the card's surface. The integrity of the card is not in question, but it is irritating. Can I submit this card for a reholder if I am not a member? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I never submit anything for grading and haven't been able to find the answer elsewhere. I am not a PSA Collector's Club member, but I bought a PSA graded card on Ebay that showed up with a crack on the back and an eyelash is also on the card's surface. The integrity of the card is not in question, but it is irritating. Can I submit this card for a reholder if I am not a member? Thanks.

Yes, you can submit for a re-holder without having a PSA Membership. The membership is basically for getting the grading vouchers, bulk grading discounts for cards under $100 declared value, and some grading specials they do.

Costs for re-holders varies with declared value of the card in-question and the turnaround time you want/need.

https://www.psacard.com/fees/

Ask me about discounted BGS/BVG pricing for Net54 Members!

Last edited by ngnichols; 04-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:23 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
Yes, you can submit for a re-holder without having a PSA Membership. The membership is basically for getting the grading vouchers, bulk grading discounts for cards under $100 declared value, and some grading specials they do.

Costs for re-holders varies with declared value of the card in-question and the turnaround time you want/need.

https://www.psacard.com/fees/
Thanks for the info, my friend.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Good advice by ngnichols already.

I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but you can submit in person at a show and have them A) mailed back to you or B) pick them up at the thow provided PSA can reholder them while you're at the show.

you can also mail them to PSA and they mail back. Fill out online form at psa's site, print it out and put it in the box with the card(s). Send insured with signature confirmation. Good to go.

The card is the most important part, but I have to admit old cards do look nice in a new holder with a scratch free case.

Last edited by CW; 04-06-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

Obviously a crack is one thing but Novus Plastic Polish #2 works wonders on PSA cases with superficial scratches. I rarely send any in for reholdering. Unfortunately it doesn't work nearly so well on SGC cases which are also IMO much more prone to scratching and scuffing.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Glyn Parson

Default cracks

Depending on the crack they will sometimes tell you the card may have been damaged so it need to be regraded. this happens on holders with cracks. most of the time the card remains the same grade.