NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Help needed at the Net54baseball Dinner at the National....

As the title says, I need some help at the Net54baseball Dinner at the National, on Friday August 2. I need 2 people, over the age of 18, to help with the entry of our guests at the Dinner. These 2 people will be sitting at the front of the banquet room when folks enter, either inside or outside of the room, not sure yet. They will make sure everyone fills out a name tag with First and Last name, and this year with a USER ID from the board too. I will be wearing one too. If you don't want to wear a name tag, no problem, don’t come to the Dinner. Believe me; it helps almost every single person to have everyone wearing one. Also, this year it will be a tiny bit more formal in check-in. What I mean is that if you RSVP this year, and don't come to it and don't tell me you aren't, then you won't be invited to the next one.The helpers will have RSVP lists to check off on admittance. The cost is around $70 per person (of course free to all members) and at least half of that is based on head count. All that being said, whoever volunteers for this job (about an hour to an hour and a half of the first part of the six hour affair....) will get a free media pass to the show, for all days, courtesy of Mike Berkus, the show promoter and founder. That pass will allow you to get free early admission each day there. It does NOT include autographs but is still a pretty good gift for an hour and a half of doing me a favor. If anyone is having a difficult tim with the monies, that is who I would like to hear from first. ****Edited to add that in a few days I will make a final decision. I won't make it public. There have been quite a few folks offer so far. Thanks to all..

Last edited by Leon; 03-13-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Mike Bodner

If this includes your autograph, I would be happy to help!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Net54 Help

Leon I would be interested in helping.

Please let me know?

Thanks

Dustin Daniels
615-969-1206
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
If this includes your autograph, I would be happy to help!
Well, my autograph is a net negative, but I will freely give it out. Also, I will eventually pick 2 folks that really seem like they need the bit of financial help to go to the National. I want to make it a win-win and help folks.....PM'ing is fine too.....
Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Well, my autograph is a net negative, but I will freely give it out. Also, I will eventually pick 2 folks that really seem like they need the bit of financial help to go to the National. I want to make it a win-win and help folks.....PM'ing is fine too.....
I really respect this. I think the decision is top notch.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
I understand completely and if this is a tipping point for some of those on the fence about making it they would be well deserving. Especially a newbie! First "hit" is free and they'll be addicted. (This is my 18th-20th Nat'l-lost track. I'm going either way and while my card fund is not a lot, I will have a great time! Looking forward to my 1st Net54 dinner.

That being said, if I can help in any other way, please let me know.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks guys.....Yeap, I am looking for a few folks, first, who might be on the fence due to budgetary constraints. I appreciate the few folks honesty so far. And if no one steps up (again, PM'ing or emailing is ok too) then I will go to the other folks. And the reason for the minimum age limit is because whoever does it will be handing out drink tickets too.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Scott S

Quote:
And the reason for the minimum age limit is because whoever does it will be handing out drink tickets too.
Shouldn't they have to be over 21 instead of over 18 then, if it's because of handing out drink tickets?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:29 PM

I'd like to do it Leon. Saving up to attend the National is always a stretch financially for me.

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 03-13-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Shouldn't they have to be over 21 instead of over 18 then, if it's because of handing out drink tickets?
In Illinois it is 18 yrs of age to serve alcohol, though it can be regulated by city or municipality to a different age. Rosemont looks to be 18. Yes, I thought of that. (not that it's ever come up before, of course)
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 AM
Rich Klein

Default You know I'll help you Leon

Regards
Rich
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 AM
And.rew Whi.te

I have that week off of work Leon and I have experience working a door!

I would be happy to help and can be there at any time as I dont live all that far away. Just let me know.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I'd like to do it Leon. Saving up to attend the National is always a stretch financially for me.
i second this. allan has taken so much ribbing through the years and has always remained cheerful and upbeat toward this hobby.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I don't know of too many people that are as upbeat and helpful as you are Alan.

I said I wouldn't make this public but since you asked, you are one of the 2 folks I would like to help with the registration at the door of the dinner. The other person has been chosen too and he is a member of the board also. I will need to speak with you, email or whatever, before the National so I can tell you how to get your media pass for all days of the National. I will have to check to see if it gets you in on Wed but I think it does, though not sure. I know these 2 passes do get you in for the early admission each day (not the dealer one but the general public early admission). I will need some help at the Dinner though...from about 6 to 730.......with sign ins and name tags etc...thanks

Last edited by Leon; 03-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Richard D

Default national help

Leon,
Looks like you may be all set, but if you need extra help I will be available, even up to the last minute.
I hope to be coming to the dinner anyway.
Richard Dingman
Old 07-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Can I sign up now to help next year in Cleveland?

Ken