NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Mark

Default Card Shops In Atlanta?

When I was growing up in Atlanta in the late 1970's there were several really good card shops. Now I don't know if there's a single one left.

I'll be going back there at the end of this month. Anyone know of any places in Atlanta that sell vintage?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Russ

The remaining card stores that I know mainy just carry new wax. If anyone knows of any with good vintage I would love to know too.

J & J Sport Cards is still in Snellville and On Deck Sports Card is still open in Lawrenceville. Not sure how much Vintage they have. The owner of J & J has an excellent reputation and can find anything you want.

I have not been to either in years but have friends who still go there. The only time I use stores is for card supplies or for commons to fill out a set. There was a new card shop that opened in Hoschton, Ga but after there initial stock of vintage was sold they never re-stocked and only sold new wax. They only stayed in business a couple of years.

Grandslam Cards, out of Athens, Ga, is still open but only sales guns and paint ball gun supplies now. Even though they may still have websites running they are nothing but a gun and ammo shop now. As of last year they still sold card supplies but their only remaining stock was Pokémon crap. The owner new guns and ammo was an easy way to make money in the South.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Guys, i am on the left side...I have only stopped there once, and this place in Kennesaw (near the mall) has some cool items..They also had vintage, but at the time i didnt know much on it..but did see the shoeless joe jackson rookie...with a hefty tag on it.
he had a mixture of old, postwar and new stuff. He had stuff in boxes, i assume by years and etc.
Champion Sportscards & Collectibles. Here is a link: http://atlantachampionsportscards.com/
Its a little hard to find..its hidden away in a far corner of a retail strip.
The front of store, looks just like it shows.
Here is the Virtual Tour link: http://atlantachampionsportscards.com/tour.htm
Fair warning; i notice they use Beckett pricing guides, as i watched a guy at a table with some cards and the magazine (maybe he was a worker, or just a buyer)?
But the owner had a Topps Giants Mantle graded by PRO, and was asking if i ever heard of them? Maybe they only know the recognizable names and such, and let some unknowns slide thru the crack.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 06-12-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Brad

Champion Sportscards probably has the best selection of pre-war and 1950s-60s cards of any shop on the north side of town, but he is pretty over-priced (in my opinion) and he rarely budges on his prices.

I have purchased from him a few times, but now I generally just go there for supplies. He seems to know very little about pre-war cards, thus the “book prices” on all his stuff. I have actually found myself trying to help him and educate him a few times and I usually get that “I don’t give a crap” expression from him. I sometimes get the feeling there are a thousand things he'd rather be doing than running a card shop. Just odd.

If you’re in town on a Sunday, you should check one of the local card shows. We have three decent hotel shows a month (always on Sunday) on the north side of town. They’ve grown and, depending on which one you hit, there could be some decent pre-war stuff there.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:31 AM
James

Default Same old song

I have to agree with the previous posters. I've grown up in GA and even worked at Atlanta Sports Cards in Norcross as well as a short-lived store called Stolen Base Sportscards in the early '90's. It's been a while since any store fronts have consistently had quality vintage at a reasonable cost. I only get out for cards quarterly these days when Roger Neufeldt comes through Marietta, but he just came through in May.

May check out the shows that Brad mentioned above - which hotels host them?
Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I have not been to any show in my life--but i heard of some like in Roswell or the Cobb Civic Center i believe.....still its held at night and a hour drive, just not do-able. I be interested to hear where these shows are???
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 06-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default ATL card store

Yes, Kennesaw GA has a card shop in a strip mall area..excellent selection of vintage stuff
Old 06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysuitcase View Post
I only get out for cards quarterly these days when Roger Neufeldt comes through Marietta, but he just came through in May.
ROGER WAS HERE IN MAY?!! Must have missed the postcard. Damn, I love his one-man shows and visiting with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysuitcase View Post
May check out the shows that Brad mentioned above - which hotels host them?
I like attending the Marietta show off Windy Hill Rd - usually has an OK selection and it's closer to my house. I just pulled this off the Sports Collectors Digest website for upcoming Georgia shows:

June 22 GA, Atlanta-Marietta. East Cobb Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn-NW/Wildwood, 3045 Windy Hill Rd. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 40. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

June 29 GA, Atlanta. North Atlanta Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn / Perimeter Ctr, 1501 Lake Hearn Dr. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 30. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

July 6 GA, Atlanta-Roswell. North Fulton Sports Collectibles Show. Holiday Inn-Atlanta/Roswell, 909 Holcomb Bridge Rd. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 40. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

July 13 GA, Atlanta. North Atlanta Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn / Perimeter Ctr, 1501 Lake Hearn Dr. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 30. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

July 20 GA, Atlanta-Marietta. East Cobb Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn-NW/Wildwood, 3045 Windy Hill Rd. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 40. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

August 10 GA, Atlanta-Roswell. North Fulton Sports Collectibles Show. Holiday Inn-Atlanta/Roswell, 909 Holcomb Bridge Rd. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 40. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

August 17 GA, Atlanta-Marietta. East Cobb Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn-NW/Wildwood, 3045 Windy Hill Rd. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 40. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.

August 24 GA, Atlanta. North Atlanta Sports Collectibles Show. Hilton Garden Inn / Perimeter Ctr, 1501 Lake Hearn Dr. SH: 10am-4pm. A: Free. T: 30. F: $40-$100. Frank Moiger. PH: 678-644-6057.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Thanks for the info: The mariettta one is closer to me...I used to live in Marietta and remembergoing to the Cobb Civic Center, but i cant remember if it was a knife show or something.
June 30, is my B-Day, and hopefully take that day and go to one.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice