NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Robert*C@tlett

Default Problems with PSA

Anyone else been having problems with PSA mislabeling cards. In the last few months, I have had three submissions to PSA with a total of 51 cards. Out of these, 7 were mislabeled. These were obvious mistakes. I got Topps cards labeled as OPC, Topps Milton Bradley labeled as Topps Venezuelan, and a regular round MSA disc labeled as a square proof. I emailed PSA, and they said to return them and they would relabel them in 10 days. Well, its been almost 5 weeks since PSA received them, and nothing yet. I know someone will say that they grade a large amount of cards, but that does not matter. If I send in 1 card or 1,000 I deserve the same quality. I have no problem with the grades the cards received, but I would like the flip to match the card. This is a picture of two postcards that I just got back from PSA/DNA. See the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new cards 6.jpg (46.6 KB, 157 views)
Topps Venezuela - need 1967 #284
OPC - done
Regional, Food, etc. - need quite a few
would like to find - 1961 Keychain Insert, 1977 NST Oh/Aaron

Last edited by RobertC; 12-15-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:30 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertC View Post
I have had three submissions to PSA with a total of 51 cards. Out of these, 7 were mislabeled.
Only a 13% error rate. Hey, they're improving.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:40 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Understandable mistake. Bradley sounds like a Latin surname.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Ben North

You need to put them on eBay as RARE PSA ERROR and don't forget to add eBay 1/1 in the description. On a serious note I hope they get them fixed and back to you soon.

As part of a trade with a fellow member I got a cool(to me) SGC flip error. The card is a 57 Topps Ted Williams and they accidently listed the year as 1959.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Steven Finley

Call them about the wait time and you'll probably get moved to the front of the line, that being said mech errors is a huge problem with the company that they need to address.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Thumbs down I wanted to start a thread on this to

Not the same problem but PSA dropped the ball . I summited a few cards .
Modern 1991 stadium club Brett favre whitch came back fine . And a 1989
Ken Griffey Jr. Fleer glossy . (It came back a 9 but looks better then most 10s) now if you know this card it has a ton of issues and a 10 is close to 2000 and a9 is like 175 . So on close inspection of the card I seen little plastic particles SEALED IN WITH THE CARD . I spoke to PSA and they said send it back and
They would reholder it .
So I did , it came back within the time they said it would but....
The plastic pieces were still in it ! So after calling and complaining
They said send it back again ha hahahah . They also said I would get two free grades and reimbursement for shipping it has been over a year and I still
Have not sent it back .
Old 12-15-2015, 07:46 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

These are some reasons why I have my credit card email me when my card has been charged at PSA. I inspect the popped grades, and immediately have them hold shipment for mechanical errors. It slows me from getting my cards, but at least they're right when they get here.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Robert*C@tlett

Default update

PSA finally shipped out my cards, but I'm still not too happy. First, I lost the Topps Milton Bradley checklist - it's now a Topps. I originally sent in Topps, OPC, Topps Venezuelan, and Topps Milton Bradley examples of the checklist, and it was easy to compare the backs, but I was expecting this after an email I received. The big problem is that out of the 6 cards I returned, with detailed pictures and explanations, 1 is still labeled WRONG. How hard is it to tell Topps from OPC? One says "printed in USA" and one says "printed in Canada". I originally bought the PSA membership to get a bunch of coins and pins graded, and I had been sending cards in when PSA had really good specials. Looks like I'm going to be using SGC a lot more in 2016 (about 3/4 of my collection is in SGC slabs).
Topps Venezuela - need 1967 #284
OPC - done
Regional, Food, etc. - need quite a few
would like to find - 1961 Keychain Insert, 1977 NST Oh/Aaron