NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Shane

Default Am I wrong to be a little angry at this...

Whats up guys, I bought a glass plate negative from ebay and received the item today. Here it is exactly how it came. Not marked fragile or anything. I opened the package and its in a million pieces.

There was another one that the person was selling that sold for 30 more bucks than mine and I looked and the buyer received his in perfect condition and even said " nicely packaged" on the feedback.

Just wondering if you guys think I have a right to be a little upset because of how it was packaged? BTW the other photo is the picture of the item when I bought it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140205_140332_996.jpg (24.1 KB, 662 views)
File Type: jpg $_57.jpg (24.4 KB, 662 views)
Old 02-05-2014, 03:40 PM
David Pierson
Banned

I would be greatly disappointed and a little upset, but I don't think it would push me to anger. Dave, Just see how easy the refund goes. I won a wood tackle box with a shipping of 30 bucks. It came broke. I returned and still got stuck for the shipping.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Shane

The anger is more for the seller destroying a little bit of history cause of the packaging. Have not heard back yet from the seller but I have a feeling it will go pretty smooth.

I did write him and say I dont feel that I should have to pay the return shipping. If it was packaged right I probably would have just chalked it up as a loss. Thanks Dave for the reply:-)
Old 02-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
I would be greatly disappointed and a little upset, but I don't think it would push me to anger. Dave, Just see how easy the refund goes. I won a wood tackle box with a shipping of 30 bucks. It came broke. I returned and still got stuck for the shipping.
sometimes shipping price is the reason why i chose one seller over another. i feel that i should not be responsible for return shipping if the reason i have to return it is on pure neglence of the seller.

it is one thing if i am not sure if the item is exactly what i need, or i no longer need the item. but if the item is pure crap, not as described or broken upon reciept im definitely not paying for the return. i could care less what the policy says.

there are many times that if you buy cheap computer adapters, and other stuff made from china and shipped in, they just come broken. some are pure scams and are never even designed to work(meaning they have no guts to them that make them function. half the people just don't care to return them. i refuse to play that game. im not wasting my saturday trying to figure out how to return ship something to Hung in the outer fringes of Shanghai for what he paid to send it to me and then paying it to boot.

if you really wanted the item, and its hard to find, in be furious.

kevin
Old 02-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Jesse

I be a bit upset myself. But if you have an easy time with the refund then it's more of just disappointment then.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:06 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Sometimes it doesn't matter how things are packed. If the USPS can do this . . .

This was a couple of years ago and FWIW I sent the seller this picture and he just refunded my full purchase price including shipping and told me not to bother sending it back.

In your case, of course it should have been packed better.

Last edited by timzcardz; 02-06-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Absolutely be mad as hell. It doesn't appear to be a grossly abused piece of mail [I had one once where the PSA holder broke in transit and when the buyer sent it back with my original envelope there were freakin' tire tracks on the envelope]; unlike the broken bat above, this is not that sort of situation. It is a piece of glass; common sense dictates that you don't ship a piece of glass between pieces of cardboard in a flat mailer, you have to bubble wrap and box. And it is the seller's fault entirely for being a cheapskate on shipping. I recently had a similar issue where the seller decided to ship cheap instead of correct and it ruined the item. I do not know why it is so hard to pack something properly. Some of these sellers [allegedly] are professionals. I am just a weekend warrior but I never send out an item without proper packaging. It doesn't take any more time to do it right. It does sometimes cost a bit more in postage but I factor the extra $0.50 into the opening price or the shipping charge.

It isn't the money when it has happened to me--I get refunds via the complaint process with Paypal [at least it is good for that]--it is the damage done to the items unnecessarily that irks me. As Jay Wolt says, we don't own these things, we just hold them for a while. We are the custodians of historical artifacts in a small way, and I feel really bad whenever something I am holding gets damaged, especially when it is something that is irreplaceable, like a glass negative. There goes one more team image from our collective baseball historical database because someone decided to save a few bucks on shipping.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-06-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Alex

I would be pissed and disappointed.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Dan Marke1

Emotions aside, you do deserve a full refund. It's very simple: you didn't receive what was advertised and what you paid for. It's indefensible. What was this guy thinking mailing a glass plate in an envelope like that?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Dave

Maybe the guy won't make you ship it back. It's pretty much worthless to him now anyways.

I won a stack of boxing glass negs several years back and at least half of them showed up broken. I didn't pay much to begin with, but yes, I was annoyed since they were packed pretty haphazardly.

Don't know how that guy thought it would show up in safe condition packed in a flat rate envelope.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:03 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

Be pissed at USPS where it is warranted. They are just getting more lazy and careless like our government. I love it when buyers put the blame on the seller. You should request it be hand delivered next time.

Jason
Old 02-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Shane

Hi guys, Thanks for the comments, Never heard from the seller but they did do a full refund. So yeah I do now own the fragments. Never opened it yet all the way cause in case he wanted them shipped back he could see thats how it came to me.

Was looking forward to that plate though

Was gonna try and figure out the year and team. Guess I still can from the picture lol.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
Be pissed at USPS where it is warranted. They are just getting more lazy and careless like our government. I love it when buyers put the blame on the seller. You should request it be hand delivered next time.

Jason

The guy shipped a plate of glass in an envelope. It would have been a minor miracle if it didn't show up broken.

That said, it does look like the cuts are catching up to the USPS. More time lags and packages outright disappearing lately, then what was normally the case.