NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Default T206 tweaked until my eyes popped out

Check out the scan on this T206 listing (and others recently listed by this seller):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1911-T2...item48610b0261

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 02-03-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
pete ullman

it looks like the long lost purple E94 lattimore!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM
David Pierson
Banned

"Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce another runner in the night." Manfred Mann (I think?) (edited to add Springsteen wrote it, but I only know The Earths Band version)

Last edited by Cardboard Junkie; 02-03-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: corr
Old 02-03-2014, 11:17 AM
FredYoung

It's amazing what some Sellers will put up & expect someone to blindly buy.

Show the customer that you care a little bit, for cryin' out loud!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Sean Costello

From a seller with more than 105,000 feedback.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:37 PM

1) Which is worse, tweaking a T206 or twerking a T206?

2) I am not much of an art fan and there are other issues of baseball cards I would rather collect than T206. That being said, I do like some of the paintings that M. J. Heade made and if I ever win the lottery and have the money would like to buy a couple. The way he made things objects look 3D by his use of light is what I like.

Looking at that Lattimore card, I can see a painting in the style of Heade where the use of light could make that purple stand out and Lattimore appear to be coming out of the borders....

David

PS. Love the long version of Blinded by the light by Manfred Mann.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Default Rhyme sublime

Geeks tweak, jerks twerk.

Brian
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM

Default David....

I always wondered about those lyrics and never bothered to look them up! when I was a kid, I'd sing....Blinded by the light.....wake up like a "dousche" another runner in the night
Old 02-03-2014, 02:52 PM
pete ullman

Johny...I've been singing those same lines forever!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
I always wondered about those lyrics and never bothered to look them up! when I was a kid, I'd sing....Blinded by the light.....wake up like a "dousche" another runner in the night
Springsteen basically took gibberish which happened to fit the music.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
pete ullman

oops!

Last edited by ullmandds; 02-03-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:18 PM

Default Jeff and Pete....

That was so FUNNY....

I had a crumby day, and this made me laugh! I know someone who knows Bruce S. very well, and sees him everyday....I am tempted to ask him to ask Bruce .............but, I don't want to piss him off

Last edited by mrvster; 02-03-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:17 PM

I was born in 1967. For a two or three year period in the early 1970's, my Mother took in foster kids who were in trobule with the law and who the state didn't want sent back to their parents. I was about four years old when this started.

Because I didn't have any older brothers or sisters, I treated these kids as my siblings. I tried to hang around them as much as possible. But, that wasn't very much because they usually didn't want a young kid hanging around them.

Anyway, at that young age I learned a lot of things. I would listen to them tell their stories of how they got into trouble with the law. I learned about LSD, mescaline, peyote and, of course, marijuana. There wasn't supposed to be smoking in our house but they sometimes snuck and did it any how.

We lived in an old two story house back then and my room was directly above these teens bedroom. So, not only did I get to smell regular tobacco smoke but I also got to smell wacky tobacky smoke too (I didn't know the difference until I started attending rock concerts).

I also learned their music. They listened to Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Stones and Alice Cooper among others. On the weekend, if I got to stay up, I would sometimes watch Don Kirschner's rock concert with them. Because of these kids, I learned to LOVE rock music.

When Blinded by the light came out in the mid - 1970's, I laughed when I heard the long version of the song because there was a guitar solo followed by somebody playing chopsticks. I thought that combination was hilarious.

Later when I was a teenager and wanted to be a guitar star, people would ask me what I envisioned when I said I wanted to be a guitar hero. One of the examples I gave was standing on stage playing Blinded by the light.

I start to play the guitar solo and the lights in the theater go down. The mirrored ball hanging down is slowly turning, some strobe lights are flashing, a little fog comes onto the stage and looking out at the crowd of people, some of whom are stoned, I see their eyes are only on me.

I tried to learn how to play guitar but failed. However, whenever the long version of Blinded by the light comes on, I STILL get that picture in my mind and can just imagine how it feels to be the center of attention for all of those people for those few seconds....

David
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Ron Rice

Default Guitar

Live the dream. It's never too late...