NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Jesse Lent

Default SuperBowl Boulevard

Anyone been into the city to the Boulevard? I'm heading in today wanted to see if there was anything I shouldn't miss.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

It was awful - went on Friday. way too crowded and very little to see.

Macy's was packed too. Macy's is where hunt auctions is set up and their auction is Saturday afternoon. That may be a better place to be than Broadway.

I imagine, Saturday will be much more crowded and even worse.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Chris

I crossed the Boulevard last night on the way home, and it was absolutely packed. I drove through there this morning, and there were a couple of cool looking things I would probably check out if I was not stuck in the office. The slide looks cool (not sure if it is open to the public or not), and I believe they have the trophy on display.

If you come, hope you have a great time.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Jesse Lent

so yea it was really packed. the line to get in Macy's was ridiculous. Didn't even try it. Not a terrible amount to do. Ended up walking for a while. Saw Larry Fitzgerald and Jimmy Graham in the XBox tent. Then walked back and watched the Mich. State v. Georgetown game for $15 at MSG 10 rows from the court behind the basket. Then walked some more got dinner at Boomer's and then saw all the NFL guys coming out of the NFL Honors Ceremony. My buddies kid got Adrian Peterson's Auto. I was pretty jealous. All in all it was a good day. Weather was real nice.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I crossed the Boulevard last night on the way home, and it was absolutely packed. I drove through there this morning, and there were a couple of cool looking things I would probably check out if I was not stuck in the office. The slide looks cool (not sure if it is open to the public or not), and I believe they have the trophy on display.

If you come, hope you have a great time.
The slide, or toboggan, was open to the public and was the only thing for which there was an admission charge ($5.00). Everything else was free. Don't know what the toboggan has to do with football, thought.

The Vince Lombardi Trophy was on display but it was wasn't on display, as such - it was more of a photo-op thing, 'have your picture taken with the trophy.' The line to get your picture taken was very long - I waited almost three hours - and when it was my turn it was, like, "stand here," click, "off you go." Not even a couple of seconds for a final touch-up or to make sure you're positioned right.