NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Uncataolgued 4 on 1 exhibits with Ruth, Simmons, Hornsby, Johnson

Posted By: boxingcardman

The top 2 are uncatalogued; the lower two have been seen before but are very rare. We have Ruth and Hornsby on 1 card, Walter Johnson and Al Simmons on another, Ty Cobb and Joe Judge on the third, and Bucky Harris and Heinie Groh on the fourth. And some boxers.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Great cards in this niche. Especially the Cobb you recently acquired. And way underappreciated.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Are the backs blank, postcards, or what? Thanks.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

How much did you get them for? I was watching the auction before it was ended early.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: S Gross

Adam,
Please list boxers. Other than the Carpentier (or, if I'm wrong, a guy with the famous Carpentier stance,), I can't make out any of them. Great cards, with notable baseball players; be interested if boxers "match up" in notability.
Thanks, Scott

Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

The full IDs on the cards are as follows:

Ruth-Hornsby-Mickey Walker-Georges Carpentier: No problems there. The Toy Bulldog (Walker) and Carpentier were both great fighters and HOFers.

Johnson-Simmons-Gene Tunney-Benny Leonard: Ditto. Tunney is one of the great heavyweight champs and Leonard is arguably the best lightweight champ ever produced.

Cobb-Judge-Eugene Criqui-Dave Shade: Bit of a dud here. Criqui was a champ and is a HOFer but Shade was merely a very good fighter of the era.

Harris-Groh-Jack Dempsey-Rocky Kansas: Obviously, Dempsey is ranked right up at the elite of all time. Kansas was another excellent fighter but is not quite a HOFer.

The cards are all PC backed. The four shown here have the "not to be used in exhibit machines" legend.

As far as what I paid, no comment...but my wife is pissed.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Nice job Adam...The seller lied to me about why they closed them down. They should have said they had a great offer instead of lying.....hope you enjoy them.....I guess I should have asked first....

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator

I made a very nice offer early on. Ironically, I made the offer not because I thought he'd accept it and end the auction but as a defensive move to alert him to the fact that the cards were valuable and keep him from panic selling on the cheap to anyone who made a lowball auction-ending offer. I figured with my offer in hand he'd let the auction run, and my snipe had a reasonably good shot at winning it (or so I thought). When he replied to my email telling me that he was pulling the auction to sell the cards with an auction house because he'd been alerted to their rarity and value, I sweetened the offer and we went back and forth until we reached a deal. I think it helped that he was local and we could meet and make the deal in person rather than through the mail.