NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2016, 07:36 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Default eBay auctions

How many of you are tired of going on eBay every day and seeing more and more buy it now with crazy prices. And make an offer is a joke because most of the sellers really don't go down on to much. My question is do most of you barter putting them in your watch list or just not barter with them.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

I still bother looking, because every once in a while...but it IS frustrating.

Often what I would be willing to spend is SOOOOOO far removed from the "BIN" price that I don't even bother to make an offer so as not to be insulting.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Have my watch lists (doesn't cost anything) but pretty much the same stuff languishing day after day, week after week. Or I get hits for cheap reprints of what I am looking for. PWCC is the only new stuff that seems to appear on eBay out of nowhere. Are other businesses that sell regularly on eBay but most of them seem to focus on post war stuff that is not my interest or they show little turn over with new stuff.

Does seem eBay is very quiet these days. Maybe the calm before the National.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-20-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default Ebay

When I have stuff listed in my Ebay store, I have it listed with a reasonable BIN with the Best Offer option. I am not really interested in taking a chance of putting an item that should sell for $100 up for auction with a $9.99 starting bid only to have it go for $10-20 because my listing didn't show up in everyone's searches due to EBay's Search algorithm's. At the same time if an item should bring $100 I may start it at $125-135 and accept a best offer at a price more in line with the actual value, not $300 like some of the sellers you are referring to who are fishing for a sucker.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:26 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
How many of you are tired of going on eBay every day and seeing more and more buy it now with crazy prices. And make an offer is a joke because most of the sellers really don't go down on to much. My question is do most of you barter putting them in your watch list or just not barter with them.
Ironic observations from the originator of the cobb/lenox debacle.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I guess so brother why you have a problem? How can a post go bad? Pete joins in.

Last edited by Bigb13; 07-20-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:04 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
I guess so brother why you have a problem? How can a post go bad? Pete joins in.
well u gotta admit it's ironic that many of your complaints about ebay were similar to complaints board members had about your attempted sale. thats all!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

The Cobb is a rare card I am not talking about rare pre war yes but not rare. Why do you have to start trouble? Do you think you're funny?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:30 AM
De.rek Gre.nce

Yes, it is quite annoying seeing all of those overpriced listings! I pretty much put everything in my watch list I could be interested in even if it is overpriced because why not! Sometimes they lower the price once it ends, sometimes once it ends they switch to auction format with a lower starting price, and sometimes there's an eBay bucks promotion (like today!!) where it makes it more realistic. Sometimes I like to just keep an eye on it to see if it sells. Like Steve pointed out, it doesn't cost anything so might as well!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:10 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
well u gotta admit it's ironic that many of your complaints about ebay were similar to complaints board members had about your attempted sale. thats all!
Its a different situation because a price is always listed on ebay from the get go.

As far as BIN's, if the seller just wanted auction price he would of just listed it at auction price..so i understand 20/30% more. But when you see the big cards jump in price everyone is running to BIns that are all of the sudden 'cheap' at least it appears...
Old 07-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Scott - I've seen your posts here but have to confess last night was the first time I checked our your eBay store. Very cool variety of stuff. Unlike some niche sellers, your stuff is all over the place. Sure I will pick something before long.