NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
T0NY @

Default Introducing my new website

Hey all. A few of you already knew I had been working on creating my own buy-sell-trade website now for the last 4-5 months. Well, it's finally complete.
Leon was gracious enough to allow me this one time post introducing it to you all. "Thanks Leon". My goal was to have a very user friendly site that was
easy to navigate around for the collector, and I think I have accomplished that. Still need to keep the day job to pay the bills, but this should be a fun side gig.
I hope you like the site. Regards, Tony Andrea

http://www.32countsportscards.com/index.html
Old 03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

I was browsing it earlier today. You did a nice job, Tony.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM

PM sent!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Bill

I htink it is a very nice site and user friendly.

Life Member of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7 Little Rock, Arkansas.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM

The layout looks great Tony. Very easy to navigate.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Great website!!!! Horrible 1st experience!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
T0NY @

Guys, let me ask your opinion. Chicago206 emailed me wanting a card. Minutes before receiving his email I received another from a collector who asked to hold it for a few moments until he finished something he was in the middle of. I agreed and then proceeded to email Chicago206 back to inform him of this. Within 20 minutes the collector I was holding the card for took it, but now i'm receiving PM's about how I handle business and then he post's this. I would have done the same for him or anyone else that requested such a thing.
Tell me, would anyone else of handled this differently?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
Guys, let me ask your opinion. Chicago206 emailed me wanting a card. Minutes before receiving his email I received another from a collector who asked to hold it for a few moments until he finished something he was in the middle of. I agreed and then proceeded to email Chicago206 back to inform him of this. Within 20 minutes the collector I was holding the card for took it, but now i'm receiving PM's about how I handle business and then he post's this. I would have done the same for him or anyone else that requested such a thing.
Then please hold all of your T206's for a lil bit for me....i'll let you know what I want at MY convienence.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Andy Garden

Great website, Tony. Best of luck!

Regards,

Andy
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 PM
David McDonald

Chicago: I just had a look at all your recent posts. It seems like all you do is get into dust-ups on the BST and now with Tony. Give it a rest, willya? Tony is a good guy. He's been on-line here for at least few years and is a straight-up contributor to the forum. I have done several deals with him on the BST and each time it was a cordial transaction. I even had the pleasure of meeting Tony in person a few weeks ago and found him to be a gentleman, mellow in demeanor, and certainly not some shifty-eyed card huckster. Why you have to come to Tony's "Grand Opening" thread and pee on his leg is a wonder to me.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Michael S

Nice site Tony. I have it bookmarked.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
David McDonald

Oh, yeah. Tony, great website indeed. Love the Rogues Gallery of Johnson, Walsh, Baker and Collins, and appreciate the honest size back scans, too. Good luck with it.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Chicago: I just had a look at all your recent posts. It seems like all you do is get into dust-ups on the BST and now with Tony. Give it a rest, willya? Tony is a good guy. He's been on-line here for at least few years and is a straight-up contributor to the forum. I have done several deals with him on the BST and each time it was a cordial transaction. I even had the pleasure of meeting Tony in person a few weeks ago and found him to be a gentleman, mellow in demeanor, and certainly not some shifty-eyed card huckster. Why you have to come to Tony's "Grand Opening" thread and pee on his leg is a wonder to me.

All I do is get into "dust-ups" on the BST? This is my 2nd bad experience. The 1st time was with a seller who gave me a final price on an item with shipping (basically it was sold to me) only to email me a few minutes later to tell me it was no longer available....hmmm, wonder what happened there!

In this instance, the seller opens a new website....I go out of my way to take a look....then out of my way to register...then out of my way to indicate i'd like to buy a card. What do I get in response? The seller says hes holding it pending another forum member's decision. I have every right to be frustrated. Had Tony told me the card was already sold, oh well. But to tell me hes waiting on a reply from a POTENTIAL buyer seems unacceptable when im ready to send good funds. Certainly not the end of the world by any means, but a clear indication of poor business practice in my eyes. If that the way Tony wants to run his BST, im ok with that. But I wonder if he put the rest of the T206 cards on "hold" for me per my request. I need to decide if I want to buy any!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Bob Pomilla

Best of luck, Tony.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 PM
MikeHealer

Hey Tony
Very nice site, I plan to check it out regularly.
Good luck,
Mike
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
But to tell me hes waiting on a reply from a POTENTIAL buyer seems unacceptable when im ready to send good funds.
To a person who e-mailed him before you. Darn that SHADY first come, first serve policy!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Chicago,
You need to chill out. Somebody else committed to the card before you. Instead of blumbering around like a bull in a china shop on this website, since you are new here, why don't you just cool off and soak things in a bit. I have known Tony for several years and he is a fair, honest, and very kind hobby friend. You are completely out of line to whine because you noticed a card after it sold.
JimB
Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
Chicago,
You need to chill out. Somebody else committed to the card before you. Instead of blumbering around like a bull in a china shop on this website, since you are new here, why don't you just cool off and soak things in a bit. I have known Tony for several years and he is a fair, honest, and very kind hobby friend. You are completely out of line to whine because you noticed a card after it sold.
JimB

We obviously have differing defenitions of the word "commited". To me, that means "where do I send my payment", NOT "i'll get back to you when I decide if I want the card".
Old 03-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Tony,
Great looking site. Nice selection.
JimB
Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM

By the way, earlier in this thread, I asked Tony to put a "hold" on his entire inventory of T206's so I have time to decide which ones I want to buy. Do you think he will extend the same courtesy to me as he did with the other buyer?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Zing!!! That will teach him!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post

Tony -

If I had anything for sale - and someone contacted me.... I would give them a reasonable amount of time to complete the deal. For me - a reasonable amount of time is 1 day.... and I would let that 'first contact' know the time frame.

If someone else comes into the picture - they would have to wait until the reasonable amount of time has expired.

People have lives.... they go to dinner, spend time with family, do other things besides stay by a computer..... giving a person time to complete a transaction is just plain common courtesy in my opinion.

You handled the situation exactly right IMO.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Tony that is a terrific site!

I bought what is still one of my favorite pieces from Tony -- he is top-notch with tremendous customer service.

Greg
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM

Yawn.

Chicago just seems to want to get into fights. He has done it on almost every thread he has posted on. I recommend people ignore him from here on out.
Jim
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Bob Pomilla

Paging Dale Carnegie!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 PM

P.S. If I were Tony, I would not sell you my entire inventory at 10% over list price.
JimB
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
ErikV

Default Re: Introducing my new website

Tony,

As mentioned previously, fantastic website and excellent
customer sevice.

Wishing you all the best,

ErikV
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Hi Tony,

Great website - congrats!

My 2 cents on this little controversy...I have done flawless deals with Tony and I trust him as highly as anyone in this hobby. He and I have exchanged numerous messages and I find him to be a genuinely nice fellow.

And then there is Chicago206. I don't know him, but I agree with other posters that the "dust ups" don't help the image. The one that hasn't been mentioned was the one where Chicago206 solicited anyone to sell him a scarce back and "name your price". When a long-time member posted a card and named his price, Chicago206 posted in the public thread and called the seller out on his asking price. Classless and not cool. You send the guy a PM and thank him for his offer to sell, but you don't want to pay his price. You can either negotiate via PM, or move on. These things seem like basic common sense and manners to me...

But back to the point - Tony is a great guy with a great new website...deal with confidence!

Cheers,
Blair

Last edited by Bosox Blair; 03-25-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM

Can you think of any single business in the world that works in the way in which Tony handled this situation? Can you IMAGINE walking into BestBuy and telling the sales rep to put that last plasma TV on hold so you can decide if you want to buy it, while another customer comes in and says "I'll take that TV please"?

That simply is NOT the way the business world works...in any sector!

And JimB, I dont go looking for "internet fights" on here. I had one other poor BST experience in which I shared my thoughts on, and we have disagreed on the Cobb/Cobb card. How is not agreeing with you classified as fighting? Frankly, I dont care if you or anyone else wants to deal with me in the future. I have had several very smooth deals on here so far, as well as references on other purchases in this hobby. In fact, it might be best if you followed your own suggestion and simply ignored me from now on. You seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder and may be bitter about something. Its probably best that we do not communicate in here anymore....im ALL FOR THAT! So please follow your own suggestion from this point forward.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:04 PM
qu@n nguy3n

tony--cool site, but you need to put up more stuff i need.

jimb--good idea...does the site engine have an auto-ignore feature on new registrants for a number of months?

edit: sorry to sidetrack your thread tony but just want to point out the ignore feature of the website under the "user cp"...hopefully less pettiness and fights (unless you like that sort of stuff)

Last edited by chaddurbin; 03-25-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: feel free to add me to the ignore list also...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 PM

"The one that hasn't been mentioned was the one where Chicago206 solicited anyone to sell him a scarce back and "name your price". When a long-time member posted a card and named his price, Chicago206 posted in the public thread and called the seller out on his asking price. Classless and not cool. You send the guy a PM and thank him for his offer to sell, but you don't want to pay his price. You can either negotiate via PM, or move on. These things seem like basic common sense and manners to me..."

This is a true story, and one that I myself had questioned right after my actions. Basically my response was a knee-jerk reaction to what I thought was a ridiculous offer. In fact, a fellow forum member did email me less than 1 hour after my response in that thread to tell me he agreed fully with my assesment, but did not want to publicly say so. Should I have privately discussed the price? Absolutely. Should the member who posted the card in my want ad privately discussed his offering to me? Absolutely. The fact is that I messed up by critisizing publicly his asking price, and he screwed up as well in posting the card in my thread. He even took the card down within hours after posting it. Do I make mistakes? Of course. But I am a very logical thinker and extremely fair person. If I feel wronged, I have no problem expressing that.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
And JimB . .You seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder and may be bitter about something.
About time to post the Dalai Lama pic, Jim.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
About time to post the Dalai Lama pic, Jim.

Jim B may go with the Dalai Lama, but he wasn't much of a hitter. Now, Ghandi... that guy had some pop in his bat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_Gandhi_baseball_card-365x429.jpg (4.1 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg th_Gandhi-card-back-358x437.jpg (4.6 KB, 285 views)
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Brandon Brown

Default Wow....

And they said I was a problem on the BST... at least thiis thread will let potential sellers know pain in the a$$ buyers arent just on eBay!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncow75 View Post
And they said I was a problem on the BST... at least thiis thread will let potential sellers know pain in the a$$ buyers arent just on eBay!

I have 770 positive transactions on ebay over a 5 year span. My DSR's are 4.9, 5.0, 5.0, and 4.8. I have never once asked for a refund, and have only had to issue 2 refunds in those 5 years. I guess im a "pain in the ass" because I publicly state factual circumstances regarding a failed transaction between myself and a seller here.

Edited to add: I recently bought a $45 card from a seller on this forum. After he received the money, 3 weeks went by with nothing. I told the seller about this, and he offered an apology AND a refund as he couldnt locate the DEL CONF slip. I responded that I didnt care about the money and we should wait and see what happens. A week later I got the card. This is a true story. I had a golden opportunity to be a "pain in the ass", but thats not me. Im very fair, and honest. And for the most part extremely logical.

Last edited by Chicago206; 03-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Brandon Brown

Logic doesnt exist in thinking that because you decided you wanted to buy a card, you automatically trump another potential buyer who did EMAIL first, and ask for a FEW MINUTES to make his decision. Its obvious to me that 3-2count is more concerned with customer service that making a quick buck, which is hard to find just about anywhere these days.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Uh...that's because you were.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
qualitycards

Tony Nice site, very well done.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Brandon Brown

Dan,

I never bitched about something so frivoous as being the too late to buy a card someone else already reserved. BTW, how do you know anything about my BST situation? You are as important a moderator on here as Marshall Barkman was as an example of forum etiquette!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Dan,

I never bitched about something so frivoous as being the too late to buy a card someone else already reserved. BTW, how do you know anything about my BST situation? You are as important a moderator on here as Marshall Barkman was as an example of forum etiquette!
Because I voted YES to ban you from the BST. If you want to push it, keep pushing pal, because you are on a shorter leash than anyone in this forum.

Have a nice day!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Brandon Brown

Default Dan-o

If you wanna make i personal Dan, you know my email. We can continue this on a private level if you want. And threatening me about being on a short leash? Thats mature. If you have something to say just email me.

On top of that, I didnt complain about being banned from the BST. I could care less. And with moderators as self-important as yourself, thos board is going to hell in a handbasket as it is.

Last edited by Browncow75; 03-25-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Dan,

Im not "bitching" about anything. Im having a discussion on the idea of "holding cards" for sale until you decide if you want them. I have been beat to a card several times....it sucks, but thats part of life. I have never in my life been told that I couldnt buy something because someone else was "thinking it over". That idea just seems so foreign to me. Like I said before...I wonder if Tony has put a "hold" on his entire inventory of T206's at my request. I want some time to think it over and decide if I wish to buy them. He granted that request to another member here, i'd like the same courtesy as well.

Before this thread gets anymore off track, I want to say that Tony has done a wonderful job with his website! I have no ill feelings towards him at all. Enough people have "endorsed" him in this thread for me to believe he is a decent guy. I was just both frustrated and baffled at how things went down on that particular card, and decided to voice my frustrations here. I wish Tony all the best with his new site.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Clayton

Hi Tony-

Great site!!Sorry your opening day thread turned into this.I look forward to doing buisness with you hopefully soon,you have some awesome T206 cards,with, IMO, great prices on them.Glad to see you take money orders also.
Great job!!!

Sincerely,Clayton
Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Dan Bretta

Let me get this straight...you come into this thread shooting down another poster for his BST behavior, minimizing your own for which you were banned and when I point that out you insult me? Do I have that correct? I think perhaps you should avoid any threads which may bring up your checkered BST past.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Brandon Brown

I too will appologise to Tony, It is a great site, and I didnt mean to rain on your parade. I just misrepresented my opinion on the situation that didnt concern me, and now I have been repremanded by the G.W. Bush of mods
Old 03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Brandon Brown

Dan,
Like I said, I never complained about being banned. As a matter of fact. I actually stated it was a good thing, and I probably deserved it. Why you think you need to put in your 2 cents about my situation with a sarcastic jab. I cant figure out. But if thats your game Im your huckleberry

EDITED TO ADD:
It wasnt a BST transaction your honor, it was a private website that started this debate. Get your facts straight

Last edited by Browncow75; 03-25-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Dan,
Like I said, I never complained about being banned. As a matter of fact. I actually stated it was a good thing, and I probably deserved it. Why you think you need to put in your 2 cents about my situation with a sarcastic jab. I cant figure out. But if thats your game Im your huckleberry

EDITED TO ADD:
It wasnt a BST transaction your honor, it was a private website that started this debate. Get your facts straight
Good luck getting a YES vote from me the next time you beg for reinstatement.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Brandon Brown

I wouldnt beg you to piss on me if I was on fire. Thats how much your vote means to me.

Last edited by Browncow75; 03-25-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Isaac Lane

Beautiful website. Looks like it was alot of hard work. And wonderful cards you have up for sale.