NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Default John Rogers: From Net 54 to Prison

As some of the people who have been on Net 54 for more than a year will remember, John Rogers was a board member, collector and fraudster who conspired with -- and ultimately cooperated against -- his friend Doug Allen of Mastro/Legendary fame. When he wasn't stealing from his investors, his bank, his friends and anyone else who crossed his path, John was a prolific liar on the board as well.

Here's the story of John's recently filed criminal charges which contains his cocaine addiction as an excuse for his decade of fraud:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...912-story.html

And the Information with which he was charged:
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/publ...indictment.pdf

Despite cooperating with the feds, John will be spending a lot of time in federal prison soon; assuming he remains out of his local jails. Before these charges finally were filed, John had been stealing for years:
https://www.minnpost.com/media/2015/...d-star-tribune

and: http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...lary/76725156/

But my favorite John Rogers lie was when in a Net 54 thread he somehow forgot that he sold a Wagner that he claimed to presently own -- presumably he was on a real cocaine bender while typing up these lies: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114597

The best part of this thread -- other than his obvious lie -- was his support for his friend Doug Allen, his co-conspirator and business partner who he later served up to the feds in order to cut his own jail time. Poor Doug trusted one of his fraudster friends too many and it cost him years in a federal prison.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

What a story.....We reap what we sow. Hopefully he will pay his dues and get on the right track. Same with the other guys who are in trouble too.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:03 PM
R.L. Americana, LLC

Hi Jeff and Leon and all of Net54! This really is an incredible story. It is even more amazing when one looks at all the public civil case documents that are easily accessed online (Arkansas happens to have a great site for this; requires a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it is amazing the case documents that can be accessed and it is very impressive):

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cc...in.cp_main_idx

Included (and this is just the tip of the iceberg) are: Documents that are forged, borrowing money to finance the purchase of (and to use as collateral) collections that don’t exist, fake items, purchase and sale exhibit documents involving names such as John Rogers’ close associates Doug Allen and Peter Nash, fake cards used for collateral, more than 100% of a given deal committed for sale or use for collateral, green cash payments sent by mail, and creating email accounts in the name of others (at least one anyway) to impersonate a legitimate person to convince others that fake or questionable items are authentic.

This last one really hits home: I was informed by law enforcement that Rogers was impersonating me to vouch for items in “correspondence” he created and forwarded to a customer. See section 18 of the Criminal Information document. I assume I am the “Dealer 1”! I wasn't given much in the way of details except the email address had my name in it and the "alternate universe Robert Lifson" created by John Rogers was writing to vouch for items that apparently were very problematic to help Rogers sell his "wares". That was just about the craziest call I ever got! I have barely been able keep up with all the frauds perpetrated by Rogers. I have tried and all I can say is that it is fascinating and a very rich vein to mine for those interested!

Hope everyone on Net54 is well! And it is great to see Jeff L post again!

Sincerely,

Rob L

Robert Lifson

info@americanainvestments.com
Old 09-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Nick Barnes

dang Rob that's a crazy story! it's like something from TV..... people.......... man sometimes they just find new and amazing ways to disappoint us
Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Sorry if this was contained in the links (I couldn't see the answer), but has he been sentenced for any of this yet? Doug and Bill are both serving time, is there anyone else from Mastro/Legendary?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Grant Rainsley

Default Yup.

Greed does wonderful things to people.
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com
Old 09-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Dan Bretta

I wonder when Peter Nash will write about this on Haulsofshame.com ?