NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Steve Birmingham

Default Congrats eagles and heir fans!

Title pretty much says it. They played a great game and came up with a big play when they needed it.

My daughter (Age 7) was sad, and I explained that I was a bit sad too, but "our" team has won a lot, and we've been lucky to see that. And the Eagles haven't had a championship since before I was born, and while I didn't like seeing the Patriots lose, football teams lose sometimes. But both sides played a good game, and I'm also a bit happy for the Eagles.

---------------
As a former Hydraulic mechanic, I'll be interested in seeing how the oiling of the poles goes.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

I am not even slightly happy for them, but they played an excellent game and were superbly coached.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I’m just disappointed that Justin Timberlake didn’t do Dick in a Box.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-05-2018, 04:26 AM
Barry Sloate

The 1152 total yards on offense were the most in any game in NFL history. It certainly was entertaining.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:35 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am not even slightly happy for them, but they played an excellent game and were superbly coached.
except going for 2 early in the game when they missed earlier XP....if they would of lost by 1...which they were in the 4th,,would of been a big deal...
Old 02-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Яоь

Doug Pederson should have been named Coach Of The Year. The Eagles held it together when things didn't go right and made a few gutsy plays that kept New England at bay for the most part. However, they were helped by New England's notorious habit of starting slow in the first half.

I thought the game was a nail biter since the Patriots also had the habit of winning games in the last minute.

Also, why is there an avalanche of Foles RCs hitting eBay all at once?

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauce View Post
Doug Pederson should have been named Coach Of The Year. The Eagles held it together when things didn't go right and made a few gutsy plays that kept New England at bay for the most part. However, they were helped by New England's notorious habit of starting slow in the first half.

I thought the game was a nail biter since the Patriots also had the habit of winning games in the last minute.

Also, why is there an avalanche of Foles RCs hitting eBay all at once?
I am an eagles fan but c'mon..

not sure how the Patriots defense is considered so bad and the patriots need to rethink everything when the eagles defense didnt cause 1 punt i dont think. Both defenses caused 1 turnover.

When you achieve a critical mass of offense, the defenses are like tecmo bowl defenses and the offense rules. Great calls on 4th down. If the eagles punt on that last 4th down the eagles 45 yard line , the eagles 'championshp defense' dont stop the patriots.

Lets just not get carried away with ourselves that the patriots need to retool the defense yet the eagles defense is great.

patriots lost a great WR in the first q......the patriots offense is good enough again for next year to say that team has not fallen off a cliff in terms of getting back to the SB again..

the patrots did have a 1 point lead late in the 4th q as well..........was a good game and back and forth.....is what it is..
Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Even though final stats wouldn't tell you it was the case, the Eagles defense is what secured the victory. The forced fumble ended any hope the Patriots had.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:06 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Even though final stats wouldn't tell you it was the case, the Eagles defense is what secured the victory. The forced fumble ended any hope the Patriots had.
hahha..and what about giving up the lead late in the 4th q.

patriots did force an INT near the end zone..that stopped points..and that wasnt with 2 min left when the other team has to pass every time and they didnt have to forget the run..

all plays count...... forcing zero punts and only stopping 2 drives (one in obvious pass situation and other on a short fg miss ..doesnt mean they 'won' the game.

the eagles offense secured the victory

giving up 500 yards passing didnt secure squat...its the 40+ points the eagles put up that let the eagles get the one turnover....eventually patriots would of dropped the passes as well which could of credited to the eagles defense is the score got into the 60s....

Like i said you cant say the patriots need to retool their defense based on their superbowl performance and at the same time praise the great eagle defense for winning the SB..

Eagles having to go for it on own 45 on 4th and 2 with 6 mins left says a lot

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-05-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:10 AM

All plays don't count when the game is winding down and you need to prevent the Patriots from scoring. Only those plays count if you're going to win the game.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Todd Schultz

The game was somewhat entertaining, and congrats to Eagles fans, but I sure hope it was an aberration. If I want to watch the game played like that on a consistent basis, I'll just buy Arena League tickets and see it there.

One punt in the entire game. One. Now I know nobody tunes in to watch the punters face off, but for cryin in the beer, there was basically zero defense played in that game. May as well have been an NBA All-Star game.

I don't like either team, which may explain things, as I'm sure if my guys won it would have been the greatest game ever played. Also, having recently celebrated another birthday that pushes me even further into curmudgeon land, I'm trying real hard to not sit on my porch and preach about how great football and everything else used to be. Still, one punt?
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

It was an exciting game. Not sure the Patriots played their best game. Too bad some of the fans had to riot over the win and destroy their own city. Imagine if the Eagles had lost. Would they have burned the city down to the ground? Unsettling to see how much rage exists that on an occasion to celebrate people had to resort to destroying other peoples' property. Go humans!!!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
It was an exciting game. Not sure the Patriots played their best game. Too bad some of the fans had to riot over the win and destroy their own city. Imagine if the Eagles had lost. Would they have burned the city down to the ground? Unsettling to see how much rage exists that on an occasion to celebrate people had to resort to destroying other peoples' property. Go humans!!!!!
From what I read, it seems that there were a lot more arrests in the Boston area than in Philly.

Nick Foles was brilliant. Eagles have an outstanding defense but Brady is the best.

Too bad he is a whiny, crybaby. Never shakes hands when he loses. A real bee-otch ....

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 02-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Barry Sloate

Many interesting and offbeat stats from the game. Here's one:

Only game in NFL history to be 22-12 at halftime.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:07 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

One thing to remember, Jason Peters, Jordan Hicks, Darren Sproles, Caleb Sturgis, and, of course, Carson Wentz are all injured. And the Eagles still won. I was impressed. Underdogs through the entire playoffs.

I am a Philly fan from the Philly area, but I don't really pay much attention to anything but baseball. I didn't have a lot of hope for the playoffs but as I said, they impressed me.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 02-05-2018, 05:35 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

The absolute beauty of this game was the aggressiveness/confidence in his team of Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson. Going for it on 4th down near the end zone (resulting in that trick play for a TD) and then late in the 4th quarter going for it again on 4th down while still on their own side of the field was magnificently beautiful!!!! Virtually every single team in similar situations during the playoffs would have immediately opted for the FG attempt and then a punt, but not the Iggles. They knew what they needed to do to stand a chance against the Pats, and went for it. I am ridiculously impressed. That's why they pulled it out, a belief in their team.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Ne@l K

I have been an Eagles season ticket holder since 1992. Even if they didn't win last night, this has been my absolute favorite Eagles team. They battled all year, lost KEY positions and leaders along the way, were discounted by everyone, and beat the GOAT last night.

The Belichick/Brady era is over, and the torch was passed last night to Pederson/Wentz.

Bank it.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 02-05-2018, 06:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
From what I read, it seems that there were a lot more arrests in the Boston area than in Philly.

Nick Foles was brilliant. Eagles have an outstanding defense but Brady is the best.

Too bad he is a whiny, crybaby. Never shakes hands when he loses. A real bee-otch ....
Not so fast, son.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-the-evidence/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

I still have not seen a satisfactory explanation why Malcolm Butler was benched. This is a guy who played almost every snap this season. He wasn't hurt, he played special teams.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Ne@l K

was wondering the same last night, as well as looking for an answer today .... not sure that will ever come

Old 02-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
was wondering the same last night, as well as looking for an answer today .... not sure that will ever come
I can only surmise he pissed off Bill for something probably not directly football-related. Bill can be a dinosaur that way.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Todd Schultz

It was pretty ridiculous to sit him the entire game. That was all coaches ego. Fine him. Don't start him or even bench him for an entire half if you think you need to make a point, but when your D is getting torched and at least one DB is banged up in the second half of an "all hands on deck" game you really have no excuse for not letting Butler play. That's all on Belichick.

I am no doubt biased against New England, but my view is St. William is living on past laurels. Sure he's better than most, but this notion that he's at a whole nother level is bunk. For the most part he gets to cruise through a perennially weak division (although slightly better this year). He should have lost the SB to Seattle, where he mismanaged the clock horribly at the end. He should have lost last year to Atl, and got bailed out by the most monumental collapse in SB history. Now this Butler stupidity. The coach's job is to put his team in the best position to win, and he did a lousy job of it in Minneapolis. Only the even worse 4th qtr. coaching of two offensive coordinators the preceding two Super Bowls has kept the Pats from dropping their last three. IMO, being "better" because the other guys' coach choked worse than you isn't saying much.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 02-06-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
All plays don't count when the game is winding down and you need to prevent the Patriots from scoring. Only those plays count if you're going to win the game.
all plays count. If eagles dont convert one of those 4th downs, the Eagles defense would of needed to be 'retooled'

Plus if eagles dont give up 30 plus points then they wouldnt of needed a late 'stop'. Still if patriots had more than 3 minutes in the 4th q left and werent forced to pass every down, given that they never punted, they would of scored again.

So the only reason the Eagles got a late 'stop' was cause of the Eagle offense putting them in that great position...eagles defense gets no more credit than the patriots defense..
Old 02-06-2018, 01:12 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
The absolute beauty of this game was the aggressiveness/confidence in his team of Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson. Going for it on 4th down near the end zone (resulting in that trick play for a TD) and then late in the 4th quarter going for it again on 4th down while still on their own side of the field was magnificently beautiful!!!! Virtually every single team in similar situations during the playoffs would have immediately opted for the FG attempt and then a punt, but not the Iggles. They knew what they needed to do to stand a chance against the Pats, and went for it. I am ridiculously impressed. That's why they pulled it out, a belief in their team.

Now if the eagles punted on that last 4th down and the the Eagles Defense got a Stop there......then i would credit the eagles defense for something...but of course the eagles defense could not be trusted.

yet the eagles have a championship defense and everyone is saying how the patriot defense has to be retooled when they both played the same terrible game. The patriots actually forced a punt at least.....both teams got 1 turnover..
Old 02-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
all plays count. If eagles dont convert one of those 4th downs, the Eagles defense would of needed to be 'retooled'

Plus if eagles dont give up 30 plus points then they wouldnt of needed a late 'stop'. Still if patriots had more than 3 minutes in the 4th q left and werent forced to pass every down, given that they never punted, they would of scored again.

So the only reason the Eagles got a late 'stop' was cause of the Eagle offense putting them in that great position...eagles defense gets no more credit than the patriots defense..
That's just not true. Nothing that happened before that fumble influenced that fumble. The fumble happened when it did independent of anything else in the game.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
It was pretty ridiculous to sit him the entire game. That was all coaches ego. Fine him. Don't start him or even bench him for an entire half if you think you need to make a point, but when your D is getting torched and at least one DB is banged up in the second half of an "all hands on deck" game you really have no excuse for not letting Butler play. That's all on Belichick.

I am no doubt biased against New England, but my view is St. William is living on past laurels. Sure he's better than most, but this notion that he's at a whole nother level is bunk. For the most part he gets to cruise through a perennially weak division (although slightly better this year). He should have lost the SB to Seattle, where he mismanaged the clock horribly at the end. He should have lost last year to Atl, and got bailed out by the most monumental collapse in SB history. Now this Butler stupidity. The coach's job is to put his team in the best position to win, and he did a lousy job of it in Minneapolis. Only the even worse 4th qtr. coaching of two offensive coordinators the preceding two Super Bowls has kept the Pats from dropping their last three. IMO, being "better" because the other guys' coach choked worse than you isn't saying much.
What bothered me more than Butler was the lack of any creativity on the defensive side of the ball. Bill is known for disrupting quarterbacks with his schemes. He had a perfect opportunity with Foles, who for all his recent accomplishments is not an elite QB and had to be nervous. But the Pats just handed them short to medium range passes the whole night, and to make it worse gave up lots of yardage after the catch. You could see Foles' confidence rise as it became clear he could throw those passes at will.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-06-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:40 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

<<Quote: Originally Posted by JollyElm
The absolute beauty of this game was the aggressiveness/confidence in his team of Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson. Going for it on 4th down near the end zone (resulting in that trick play for a TD) and then late in the 4th quarter going for it again on 4th down while still on their own side of the field was magnificently beautiful!!!! Virtually every single team in similar situations during the playoffs would have immediately opted for the FG attempt and then a punt, but not the Iggles. They knew what they needed to do to stand a chance against the Pats, and went for it. I am ridiculously impressed. That's why they pulled it out, a belief in their team.>>

Quote:
Now if the eagles punted on that last 4th down and the the Eagles Defense got a Stop there......then i would credit the eagles defense for something...but of course the eagles defense could not be trusted.

yet the eagles have a championship defense and everyone is saying how the patriot defense has to be retooled when they both played the same terrible game. The patriots actually forced a punt at least.....both teams got 1 turnover..
Huh???? What in heck are you talking about?????? Nowhere in my post did I even mention defense once. NOT ONCE. So again, WTF are you talking about?????????????

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Old 02-07-2018, 06:15 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
<<Quote: Originally Posted by JollyElm
The absolute beauty of this game was the aggressiveness/confidence in his team of Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson. Going for it on 4th down near the end zone (resulting in that trick play for a TD) and then late in the 4th quarter going for it again on 4th down while still on their own side of the field was magnificently beautiful!!!! Virtually every single team in similar situations during the playoffs would have immediately opted for the FG attempt and then a punt, but not the Iggles. They knew what they needed to do to stand a chance against the Pats, and went for it. I am ridiculously impressed. That's why they pulled it out, a belief in their team.>>

Huh???? What in heck are you talking about?????? Nowhere in my post did I even mention defense once. NOT ONCE. So again, WTF are you talking about?????????????

Right i am showing how it was all offense and not defense. I guess i could of added another quote as well from Packs..but didn't.

I also didn't put a lot of ?????????? so wtf are you talking about....
Old 02-07-2018, 06:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
That's just not true. Nothing that happened before that fumble influenced that fumble. The fumble happened when it did independent of anything else in the game.

wrong again. What happened before did influence the fumble.

Its not a stretch to say what happened before impacts the next possession. If the eagles are only up by 3 or less, theres no sack fumble as the Patriots would of had a ton more time to use as they would of needed only a fg. The eagles offense caused the patriots to need more than a fg.

Teams with the ball needing a td going the full length of the field with under 2 minutes have a greater chance to turn the ball over than teams that don't. Thus what happened before, caused that situation that was more ripe for a sack fumble or int etc.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:29 AM

Have been waiting for this Super Bowl win for 30 years!

Go Birds!!!!
Old 02-07-2018, 06:33 AM
T0NY @

What's clear to me after reading this thread is that you all are in the wrong profession and should be NFL football coaches.

The Colts job just became available. Quick, someone grab it!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:19 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post
What's clear to me after reading this thread is that you all are in the wrong profession and should be NFL football coaches.

haha whats funny is in college my hall mates include an NFL coach and the GM of an NFL team which i correspond with my thoughts which i assume they laugh off
Old 02-07-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
wrong again. What happened before did influence the fumble.

Its not a stretch to say what happened before impacts the next possession. If the eagles are only up by 3 or less, theres no sack fumble as the Patriots would of had a ton more time to use as they would of needed only a fg. The eagles offense caused the patriots to need more than a fg.

Teams with the ball needing a td going the full length of the field with under 2 minutes have a greater chance to turn the ball over than teams that don't. Thus what happened before, caused that situation that was more ripe for a sack fumble or int etc.

Sorry but I could not disagree more. The defense forcing that fumble was a big play and it occurred at a crucial moment. Nothing mattered unless they forced the turnover and you're looking at things after the fact in a way that suggests this was a pre-determined outcome or something. In the moment they had to deliver and they did. They didn't force the turnover by virtue of prior events, like it was some foregone conclusion.

Last edited by packs; 02-07-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:32 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Sorry but I could not disagree more. The defense forcing that fumble was a big play and it occurred at a crucial moment. Nothing mattered unless they forced the turnover and you're looking at things after the fact in a way that suggests this was a pre-determined outcome or something. In the moment they had to deliver and they did. They didn't force the turnover by virtue of prior events, like it was some foregone conclusion.
with your logic, the last stop of the game was due to the eagles defense , not because the patriots only have 40 seconds or whatever to go the length of the field and complete a hail mary.

yeah its a stop, just like the sack fumble, but they were because of the eagles offense and its related... put nick foles on the field with 1:40 left in the game to go the length of the field and most defenses have an increased chance to stop him.

Any replacement defense could cause 0 punts and get only a one sack with a fumble with under 2 minutes left in obvious pass situation. The patriots did force a turnover in a harder situation (clock not an ally for them etc)

eagles defense did as close to nothing as they could to win this game is all i am saying. Giving up 500 yards passing etc. My whole argument is the Patriots and Eagles defense get the same grade for the game... FAIL

not sure why you keep defending them..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:35 AM

I'm not defending the Eagles defensive performance as a whole. I'm trying to get you to understand that in a high pressure situation, the only thing that matters is that you performed in that moment. Finishing is what's important and the Eagles D showed up in that moment, which won them the game. You keep talking about everything else that happened up to the moment the game was won as though it mattered more.

Last edited by packs; 02-07-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Яоь

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-2-count View Post

I want Marv Lewis' job - Bengals HC. Looks like job security for life!

Looking for one card for each of the following (SGC only):
e94 Blome's Chocolates
e98 Old Put Cigar
e99 Bishop & Co.
e100 Bishop & Co.
e104 Nadja
e105 Mello-Mint
e107 Breisch Williams

Successful transactions:
aconte, brianp-beme, Luke
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I'm not defending the Eagles defensive performance as a whole. I'm trying to get you to understand that in a high pressure situation, the only thing that matters is that you performed in that moment. Finishing is what's important and the Eagles D showed up in that moment, which won them the game. You keep talking about everything else that happened up to the moment the game was won as though it mattered more.
They created the high pressure moment by giving up the lead late in the game

If a closer comes in the 9th inning up 8 runs and gives up 7 earned runs, but with the bases loaded with 1 out he gets a double play, sure thats a high pressure out but he created the situation. His team gave him the 8 run lead, thats what is important..not getting the double play. Eventually somebody will hit the ball to a defender. That closer would not be considered someone that 'won' the game.

Any defense would have a high probability to be on the winning side if their offense scores 33 points and the defense doesnt even have to force any punts to win the game and only needs 1 turnover in a situation where they are at a tremendous advantage due to limited clock and only a td beats them

You keep focusing on the end, but how they got there counts. By your logic Brady should be blamed for the loss, not his defense since the patriot defense was not there in the end. If you cant blame Brady, then you cant credit the Eagles defense. Plus the Patriot defense has no blame for the game because they were not on the field in the end. Why retool the Patriot defense when it was Brady's fault.

Patriot defense did force a fg and prevent time running out and get the ball back to to Brady down by 8.

Lets face it both defenses were terrible. We can argue who was better but its arguable and within the terrible category. If the eagles dont get the sack fumble and the patriots score, we are talking 600 plus passing yard allowed and huge last minute choke job (no superbowl team ever gave up td to lose game when drive started under 2 mins). Avoiding giving up 600 yards passing and not choking with less than 2 mins left doesnt give them praise.

Correct me im wrong but no team in a superbowl won the super bowl with a TD when getting the ball with under 2 minutes left. I know there were other strip sacks like with Kurt Warner on the Cardinals.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-07-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:25 PM

I guess you missed both of the Giants' wins. Too bad, they were good games.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:38 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Right i am showing how it was all offense and not defense. I guess i could of added another quote as well from Packs..but didn't.

I also didn't put a lot of ?????????? so wtf are you talking about....
Do you have mental problems? Seriously, are you mentally disabled? You quote my post and go off on some ridiculous tangent about defense that has nothing whatsoever to do with what you're quoting, I assume just so you can hear yourself talk, and that's normal to you?????? And in your mind, it's everyone else who has a problem, right??? Pathetic.

Casey Stengel

Old 02-08-2018, 06:12 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Do you have mental problems? Seriously, are you mentally disabled? You quote my post and go off on some ridiculous tangent about defense that has nothing whatsoever to do with what you're quoting, I assume just so you can hear yourself talk, and that's normal to you?????? And in your mind, it's everyone else who has a problem, right??? Pathetic.

I think looking at your post and how emotional you are about my post that quotes you, you need to take a breath sir.

I can talk about reggie jackson, and someone can quote that post and talk about the stock market and not direct anything against me in a negative way and i wouldnt care. Who cares...
Old 02-08-2018, 06:14 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I guess you missed both of the Giants' wins. Too bad, they were good games.
apparently you missed them too... unless you are saying the giants started a drive with under 2 minutes left that resulted in a touchdown to win the game. So you are saying that happened in both or either of them?

(which is what the patriots would of had to do and what i said hasnt happened in any super bowls, correct me if im wrong)

If the eagles defense was a closer, they would of given up 8 runs in the bottom of the 9th with a 9 run lead)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-08-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Haha alright man it's not worth it but just for your peace of mind, in Super Bowl XLII the Giants started their drive with 2:39 to go. They scored a touchdown with 35 seconds left to win the game. In Super Bowl XLVI the Giants started their drive with 3:46 left in the game. They scored a touchdown with 57 seconds left to win the game.

The Patriots started their drive with 2:21 left in the game. Except they lost because the Eagles defense forced a fumble that put the game out of reach.

Last edited by packs; 02-08-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Steve Birmingham

How does a bit of sportsmanship devolve into personal attacks and a debate about whose defense sucked less and when ..... Of right, almost forgot where I was.

Eff yez all, the pats got jobbed by the refs who were obviously paid off by Goodell. Go punch a horse.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

What a HUGE Crowd for their parade!!

Golic said there were 850 porta-potties to serve over 3 million - do the math...that's not a good line to be in.

Just hope there will be a minimum of vandalism.

Congrats again to Eagles' fans!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 02-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Golic said there were 850 porta-potties to serve over 3 million - do the math...that's not a good line to be in.
that depends .....

Old 02-08-2018, 03:26 PM

Man, every year I think about all those poor tourists in Times Square for New Years who have no idea that everyone around them is going to either throw up or pee where they're standing. You couldn't leave even if you wanted to either.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:24 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
I think looking at your post and how emotional you are about my post that quotes you, you need to take a breath sir.

I can talk about reggie jackson, and someone can quote that post and talk about the stock market and not direct anything against me in a negative way and i wouldnt care. Who cares...
Apparently you care greatly, because you keep it going.
See, I, like 99.9% of people on this site, simply skip past everything you post. But for some reason you decided to include me in your laughable garbage this time, so here I am. It's up to you to end it for good, so stop quoting me and we can both go our separate ways, yes?

Casey Stengel

Old 02-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
How does a bit of sportsmanship devolve into personal attacks and a debate about whose defense sucked less and when ..... Of right, almost forgot where I was.

Eff yez all, the pats got jobbed by the refs who were obviously paid off by Goodell. Go punch a horse.
lol
Old 02-10-2018, 04:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Apparently you care greatly, because you keep it going.
See, I, like 99.9% of people on this site, simply skip past everything you post. But for some reason you decided to include me in your laughable garbage this time, so here I am. It's up to you to end it for good, so stop quoting me and we can both go our separate ways, yes?
I agree, ill be like 99.5% of the people on the site and skip past everything you post....stay calm and be safe..

If you respond to this apparently you care greatly because you keep it going and my response to you will reference this point and state 'why you care bro, stay calm and be safe'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:14 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Haha alright man it's not worth it but just for your peace of mind, in Super Bowl XLII the Giants started their drive with 2:39 to go. They scored a touchdown with 35 seconds left to win the game. In Super Bowl XLVI the Giants started their drive with 3:46 left in the game. They scored a touchdown with 57 seconds left to win the game.

The Patriots started their drive with 2:21 left in the game. Except they lost because the Eagles defense forced a fumble that put the game out of reach.
yeah 2:21 still a big difference with 3:36...plus giants had 3 timeouts..., i beleive the patriots in this years SB only had 1...so thats a HUGE difference..

also the patriot defense in that giant SB game you are referencing didnt give up 500 yard and 33 points to put them in the 'pressure' situations..,

you dont get credit for getting a 'stop' when you are the one that put yourself in that situation plus 1 timeout 2:21 left in the game full length of the field gives the Defense an advantage..... 3:36 left and 3 timeouts for the offense doesnt give any advantage to the defense.