NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Default We just purchased a "FRESH" T206 Eddie Plank and are BUYING Vintage Cards! ***

Just Collect is aggressively buying and paying top dollar for your PSA & SGC graded vintage cards and complete sets. We are paying 70% of the current market value for your vintage graded singles, graded sets, and collections. We do not subtract commissions, we do not subtract eBay fees, and we don’t even subtract buyer or seller premiums. We just pay 70% of what your cards are worth in today’s market and we pay right away!

To receive our offer on your cards, please provide us with a spreadsheet listing the cards, the grading service, and the grade (please note any qualifiers). We will have an offer to you within 1-2 business days in most cases (if you have a price in mind, just tell us and we’ll let you know if we can meet it). Please contact me via PM or direct email with respect to any card(s) or collections that you are looking to sell or wish to receive our purchase offer.

We are also buying ungraded complete and partial vintage sets, vintage collections, vintage ungraded singles (and bulk vintage commons) in quantity and even modern junk wax cases.

Speaking of buying ungraded collections, I just returned this past Wednesday from New England after purchasing an ungraded and fresh to the hobby partial set of T206’s. I realize that a partial T206 Set isn’t something all that unusual, especially on the N54 Boards. However, when I note that the collection includes a new to the marketplace T206 Eddie Plank there will probably be a few raised eyebrows. YES, the collection contains a T206 Eddie Plank that has never before appeared in the hobby as it has resided in a family collection for several generations! We will be releasing more details about this great collection and the T206 Plank (it is not high grade, unfortunately) as well as several of our recent 1948-1970’s set run purchases on our blog in the upcoming days and weeks. As we process the T206 collection, we will post to our blog additional details about the T206 Eddie Plank as well as how and when we will be offering the card for public sale.

***This is a paid advertorial

Blog: www.justcollect.com/blog
email: scotta@justcollect.com

Last edited by JustCollectVP; 06-11-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Title change and notation added
Old 06-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Hi there. I would like to buy your dollar bills for 70 cents. And I'll pay it in hard currency, upfront! Contact me for details.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenJon View Post
Hi there. I would like to buy your dollar bills for 70 cents. And I'll pay it in hard currency, upfront! Contact me for details.

I laughed.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Default Just ripped off...

Ok...what goes around...comes around! I will pay you 70% of what you just paid for the T206 Eddie Plank. Call it...paying it forward. Seems fair enough...
Old 06-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshwesley View Post
I laughed.
A big +1. That was funny.

Now to be fair this is was better than the pawn shop people we had on here for a while. Unlike most of the other buyers on here at least this guy put a solid price he was paying and not the "highest prices paid" BS.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Mark Medlin

You guys are definitely right. 70% does seem off. Would be much better to put it in an auction. Wait 45 days or more for it to sell. Pay the consignment fee. Risk what the item will actually sell for. Wait a couple weeks to 6 weeks to be paid from the auction house. Then wait to see if there is any refund requested. So you guys are definitely correct, 70% does seem off.

Mark Medlin
Old 06-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
You guys are definitely right. 70% does seem off. Would be much better to put it in an auction. Wait 45 days or more for it to sell. Pay the consignment fee. Risk what the item will actually sell for. Wait a couple weeks to 6 weeks to be paid from the auction house. Then wait to see if there is any refund requested. So you guys are definitely correct, 70% does seem off.

Mark Medlin
I agree in that if buyers premium not subtracted- they are giving you 90% of recent AH prices
Old 06-11-2016, 07:05 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: We just purchased a "FRESH" T206 Eddie Plank and Want to Buy More Vintage Cards!

Seems like this should be in the B/S/T section.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhans View Post
Seems like this should be in the B/S/T section.
Hey Ed
Hope all is well over there.....They passed it by me first and this is a paid advertisement, otherwise you would be 100% correct.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Mark

Hi Mark, I totally agree with you. Plus, someone could spend countless hours scanning, listing, and shipping to sell on eBay. Then, eBay and PayPal will take 15-20%, some of your items won't sell, you will receive ridiculously low ball offers, items could be lost or damaged in shipping, and someone may decide that they don't like the item and you will have to issue a refund. And don't forget, the market price is an accumulation of high prices, medium prices, and low prices, to come up with an average. There is a good chance that you wouldn't come close to VCP average on many items. It may take months to get your cards sold.

If I was ready to sell, 70% of market would sound great. Just ship my cards to Just Collect and wait for a check.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Leon:

Thank you for clarifying for the board. Yes, this is an advertorial...

I'll gladly take my lumps for those that wish to joke or tease about the buy prices, but they are legitimate and they are real and when you look at things, they are stronger than some of the sophomoric responses may suggest. If anyone is offended by such an offer, my apologies, but I'll stand by it.

First, the gross value that we pay is based upon the current market. If you think that you'll get top dollar and wish to drop them on eBay, then go ahead. If everything goes perfectly and you max out on the auction, you'll get 87% with the risk of a return or a charge-back for another month or two after the sale.

You can consign to one of the big eBay sellers and hope to get the "going" rate and if everything goes perfectly, in a month or so, you'll get 80-84%.

Or you can contact us, send a spreadsheet and have 70% of the current value within a day or two. No risks, no shilling, no excuses, no returns...

I never said that we're paying as much as you can get selling it on your own, but if you want the money now, we're paying REAL dollars and we're paying QUICKLY and we're not low balling or baiting and switching.

--------------------

Now, what really strikes me odd is that is that we securexd a NEW, FRESH TO THE HOBBY T206 Plank and the predominance of the responses aren't about one of the rarer cards in the hobby, but about the buy prices and the one response about the Plank is an offer of 70% of what we paid for it.

I wouldn't want to be so sour that I'd focus on being negative part of the message and miss out on being able to discuss something so scarce and that we almost all have a similar passion for. Maybe no one cares about T206 Planks anymore.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: We just purchased a "FRESH" T206 Eddie Plank and Want to Buy More Vintage Cards!

Apologies to all.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Alan Elefson

Scott-
Your thread title implied you were excited to have recently purchased a T206 Plank and wanted to share this with the collecting community. However, you buried that information in an advertisement for your services. If you had stuck with the details on the fresh T206 find and the Plank, you would not get these type of responses. I for one was wondering why you led with three paragraphs describing your business before even mentioning the Plank find. It left a sour taste in my mouth as you do not appear to be eager to share the Plank but instead to entice more board members to sell you their cards. Please note, this is just my opinion and I do believe your 70% offer is good for motivated sellers. This method of advertising on the main page of the board (I understand it was approved by Leon) leaves you open to the comments you received.

Alan Elefson
Old 06-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
Scott-
Your thread title implied you were excited to have recently purchased a T206 Plank and wanted to share this with the collecting community. However, you buried that information in an advertisement for your services. If you had stuck with the details on the fresh T206 find and the Plank, you would not get these type of responses. I for one was wondering why you led with three paragraphs describing your business before even mentioning the Plank find. It left a sour taste in my mouth as you do not appear to be eager to share the Plank but instead to entice more board members to sell you their cards. Please note, this is just my opinion and I do believe your 70% offer is good for motivated sellers. This method of advertising on the main page of the board (I understand it was approved by Leon) leaves you open to the comments you received.

Alan Elefson
Alan:

Thanks for the reply and I understand how the "blast" of content can leave a "sour taste" and I appreciate that you do see that the offer is good for motivated sellers. I also understand that it provided a mixed message and many may not have understood the advertorial aspect of the post and for that, I'm sorry, but it is what it is.

Despite that, there is a new T206 Plank that will be coming into the marketplace, soon.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:06 AM

Tell us more about the plank.

Did someone find it? Has it just been in a collection forever? What's the grade etc etc
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Hank Thomas

This shouldn't be here, just my opinion.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Alan Elefson

Thanks for the reply Scott. Hank, I agree with you and do not understand the need for advertisements like this on the main board when there are already other avenues for advertisement such as the banner ads and the emails blasts. At the least, this should be labeled as an advertisement in the thread title in my opinion.

Alan
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCollectVP View Post
Just Collect is aggressively buying and paying top dollar for your PSA & SGC graded vintage cards and complete sets. We are paying 70% of the current market value for your vintage graded singles, graded sets, and collections. We do not subtract commissions, we do not subtract eBay fees, and we don’t even subtract buyer or seller premiums. We just pay 70% of what your cards are worth in today’s market and we pay right away!
Scott, "HOW" are you determining "today's market value"?? VCP average? High VCP?? Low VCP?? Ebay?? Private Sales?? Market value can be all over the place and is VERY subjective IMHO......

Last edited by gnaz01; 06-11-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Jeff

Standing by for the infomercial.
Congrats on the Plank.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

Wow. Not just dollars, but REAL dollars. My offer to buy your REAL dollars for 70 cents stands.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

I will pay QUICKLY, too.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Daryl

Guys, advertisers like this are why we are able to have this board. I see nothing wrong with this thread whatsoever, and congrats on the Plank.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:40 PM
J3ff Thr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Guys, advertisers like this are why we are able to have this board. I see nothing wrong with this thread whatsoever, and congrats on the Plank.
+1

Looking forward to seeing Mr Plank. Good luck Scott!
Old 06-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenJon View Post
Wow. Not just dollars, but REAL dollars. My offer to buy your REAL dollars for 70 cents stands.
Thank you, I'll pass on your "offer." Your point had been made and noted. Thrice...

Old 06-11-2016, 01:20 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I am thrilled there is a new Plank. How many are known now? I think if you started the thread off with a picture, more people would have focused on the card.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:36 PM

Default Just Collect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Scott, "HOW" are you determining "today's market value"?? VCP average? High VCP?? Low VCP?? Ebay?? Private Sales?? Market value can be all over the place and is VERY subjective IMHO......

Great question. Looking forward to seeing a response to this. Also, are you paying more than 70 percent for centered cards?

Last edited by bigfish; 06-11-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Jonathan Weil
Jon.than We.il

I'm raising my offer for dollar bills to 80 cents.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelefson View Post
Thanks for the reply Scott. Hank, I agree with you and do not understand the need for advertisements like this on the main board when there are already other avenues for advertisement such as the banner ads and the emails blasts. At the least, this should be labeled as an advertisement in the thread title in my opinion.

Alan
+1
Old 06-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

You can't expect a good outcome when you walk the Plank.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This thread should have been labeled as a paid ad and that was my mistake. Otherwise, They will continue just the way they have been. My apologies if they offend anyone but I don't think they are that big of a deal. It's not like there are a lot of them. But of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thanks for the comments and thanks to JustCollect for not only being good hobby friends of 15yrs + but also part of the community as an advertiser and participant. I hope it continues for multiples of the next 15 yrs.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

I'll amend the thread title for the sake of complete and full disclosure.

I'm not looking to ruffle anyone's feathers. This also isn't out of the blue. We are a paying banner advertiser, received Leon's approval and posted accordingly with the advertorial.

With regard to those that wish to bait or engage, I will take pass. We have too much respect for the community to clutter the boards with such banter.

Accordingly, I will try to answer serious questions that are posed. Also, please forgive the lack of complete details with respect to the Plank, but we are building a nice presentation and we will gladly share it with you when it is ready.

The card has been held privately for several generations and was one of the lowest condition cards in the collection.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

[QUOTE=gnaz01]Scott, "HOW" are you determining "today's market value"?? VCP average? High VCP?? Low VCP?? Ebay?? Private Sales?? Market value can be all over the place and is VERY subjective IMHO......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Great question. Looking forward to seeing a response to this. Also, are you paying more than 70 percent for centered cards?
Values are determined by utilizing VCP, market trends and stability of pricing for the item(s) within the marketplace (some items are very stable and others have a quite thinly traded history). VCP has good and bad points, so it is not a concrete guide and I would be hard pressed to apply a blanket statement or policy with respect to valuations. However, centering and eye appeal of select cards may garner a premium with respect to market value and/or our eventual offer.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

[QUOTE=JustCollectVP;1549389]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01

Values are determined by utilizing VCP, market trends and stability of pricing for the item(s) within the marketplace (some items are very stable and others have a quite thinly traded history). VCP has good and bad points, so it is not a concrete guide and I would be hard pressed to apply a blanket statement or policy with respect to valuations. However, centering and eye appeal of select cards may garner a premium with respect to market value and/or our eventual offer.
Fair answer Scott, and this will be my last post on the subject. The way I am interpreting your reply is "the company will look at VCP, see when the last time the card in question sold (if available on VCP) and offer 70% of that" or something along that range.

Am I in the ballpark??
Old 06-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

[QUOTE=gnaz01;1549408]
Quote:

Fair answer Scott, and this will be my last post on the subject. The way I am interpreting your reply is "the company will look at VCP, see when the last time the card in question sold (if available on VCP) and offer 70% of that" or something along that range.

Am I in the ballpark??
Actually, we utilize the trending VCP (Olympic-style scoring mode), taking into consideration market direction and weighing the demand in the marketplace -- there really isn't a concrete answer that can be applied to ALL cards, but this is pretty much the crux. In some cases, offers will exceed 70% of total retail expectation.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This thread should have been labeled as a paid ad and that was my mistake. Otherwise, They will continue just the way they have been. My apologies if they offend anyone but I don't think they are that big of a deal. It's not like there are a lot of them. But of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Thanks for the comments and thanks to JustCollect for not only being good hobby friends of 15yrs + but also part of the community as an advertiser and participant. I hope it continues for multiples of the next 15 yrs.
You know how much I love the forum, Leon, and I'm all for ads to support it. I hope it makes a lot of money, I'm a capitalist all the way. But why isn't this post under the B/S/T section? Even if you label them, I think mixing paid posts in with the heart of the forum itself is a big mistake, and will diminish both.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Jeff F0y

I have sold quite a few cards to Scott and Leighton at the past few nationals. Every year I enjoy chatting with them- they are very knowledgable and have a great eye for cards. In my experience they have always paid very fairly, and high quality cards for the grade were treated as such. I'd be happy to sell more cards to them or refer customers to them, as I know they would treat them fairly.

Jeff
Old 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
You know how much I love the forum, Leon, and I'm all for ads to support it. I hope it makes a lot of money, I'm a capitalist all the way. But why isn't this post under the B/S/T section? Even if you label them, I think mixing paid posts in with the heart of the forum itself is a big mistake, and will diminish both.
They have been going on for years, Hank. If they were in the BST section then they wouldn't get the traffic to justify the cost to advertise them. There won't be too many as there have been so few (and they have been going on for approximately 3-4 yrs) you haven't even noticed them . Take care....and yes, you and I have had some very good discussions concerning the forum and you were a true friend at the last National.....I appreciated that. take care..
Old 06-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcountry View Post
I have sold quite a few cards to Scott and Leighton at the past few nationals. Every year I enjoy chatting with them- they are very knowledgable and have a great eye for cards. In my experience they have always paid very fairly, and high quality cards for the grade were treated as such. I'd be happy to sell more cards to them or refer customers to them, as I know they would treat them fairly.

Jeff
I'm glad you have good dealings with them. My dealings with Scott has been the exact polar opposite - very UNPROFESSIONAL. For those who choose to deal with them, more power to you. I can only give my personal experience with him.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 06-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I'm glad you have good dealings with them. My dealings with Scott has been the exact polar opposite - very UNPROFESSIONAL. For those who choose to deal with them, more power to you. I can only give my personal experience with him.
Bobby:

Our difference were on the CU boards and had NOTHING to do with business and had nothing to do with Just Collect. I called you out for several foolish and outlandish statements that you made and the facts demonstrated you were inaccurate. You were upset by that and complained to CU moderators. It is part of life and one that I didn't bother with anymore. Just because we didn't agree doesn't give you the right to make such a bold and outlandish statement challenging both my credibility and that of the company that I work for.

On the business side, I have never done a single business transaction with you personally and I highly doubt that you have had any negative dealings with Just Collect. I challenge you to provide one shred of evidence to suggest that I or Just Collect have EVER been unprofessional with you in ANY business transaction.

In the absence of any evidence, I would expect you to amend or retract your statement.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:19 AM
C.urt Sch.midg.@ll

Default 5 Stars

I've had many transactions with Just Collect, and have nothing but good to say about Scott and Leighton. The hobby would be well served to have more dealers like this.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:19 AM
Rob

Default ?

I've bought cards from Just Collect on eBay and have always been happy with the deals I've had with them. I do get a lot of emails from them, which is annoying, but okay. I don't see how calling customers "sophomoric", and using words I have to look up like "advertorial", and going tete a tete with the usual suspects on here helps promote the cause. I can say I liked this thread more than the Ali thread...Rob
Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcemporium View Post
I've had many transactions with Just Collect, and have nothing but good to say about Scott and Leighton. The hobby would be well served to have more dealers like this.
I guess you don't know the whole story then and the truth behind how they operate "behind the scenes". I am not alone in this, as I have received a PM from someone who was similarly abused by him.

And I wasn't referring to CU boards. The CU boards was like the Wild West. I get that. I was referring to postings on another board which I was not a member of and had no opportunity to defend myself. Posting people's personal information is NEVER cool! EVER! I don't know what made you think it was, but it isn't. Myself and my family did not appreciate it. That is where I have to draw the line.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 06-12-2016 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:30 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Quote:
I guess you don't know the whole story then and the truth behind how they operate "behind the scenes". I am not alone in this, as I have received a PM from someone who was similarly abused by him.

And I wasn't referring to CU boards. The CU boards was like the Wild West. I get that. I was referring to postings on another board which I was not a member of and had no opportunity to defend myself. Posting people's personal information is NEVER cool! EVER! I don't know what made you think it was, but it isn't. Myself and my family did not appreciate it. That is where I have to draw the line.
Bobby, I'm going to make this simple. Please provide one shred of evidence. A screenshot, an email, a PM a thread to substantiate one word of your allegations and hearsay. I have no personal information of yours nor have I ever shared it. The fact that someone posted something that you posted publicly to your Facebook account (not me, by the way), isn't a violation of your personal information. Making up stories about it and blaming others not involved is juvenile.

Just because I called you out on CU and made you look foolish by citing FACTS and TRUTH doesn't allow you the right to LIE and DEFAME me or my character. Even worse is suggesting publicly that Just Collect is also complicit.

I have been in this hobby for more than 30 years and I've busted my ass to be above board and have gone beyond normal means to make things right.

However, I have also pissed off a few people by pointing out the silliness or idiocy of their opinions about the hobby when they spew inaccuracies, lies and false information. If this was a damning characteristic, many on this board would be Hell-bound.

I don't need to make this a pissing contest. I don't have any interest in challenging you other than making certain that your personal dislike for me doesn't supersede the fact that you are lying about me to satisfy some inner issues from having lost a few battles over hobby related discussions.

So, again, rather than provide lip service and hearsay, be specific. Prove your lies or they should be erased and an apology put up in their place.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Bobby, I'm going to make this simple. Please provide one shred of evidence. A screenshot, an email, a PM a thread to substantiate one word of your allegations and hearsay. I have no personal information of yours nor have I ever shared it. The fact that someone posted something that you posted publicly to your Facebook account (not me, by the way), isn't a violation of your personal information. Making up stories about it and blaming others not involved is juvenile.

Just because I called you out on CU and made you look foolish by citing FACTS and TRUTH doesn't allow you the right to LIE and DEFAME me or my character. Even worse is suggesting publicly that Just Collect is also complicit.

I have been in this hobby for more than 30 years and I've busted my ass to be above board and have gone beyond normal means to make things right.

However, I have also pissed off a few people by pointing out the silliness or idiocy of their opinions about the hobby when they spew inaccuracies, lies and false information. If this was a damning characteristic, many on this board would be Hell-bound.

I don't need to make this a pissing contest. I don't have any interest in challenging you other than making certain that your personal dislike for me doesn't supersede the fact that you are lying about me to satisfy some inner issues from having lost a few battles over hobby related discussions.

So, again, rather than provide lip service and hearsay, be specific. Prove your lies or they should be erased and an apology put up in their place.
Not sure any of this matters..Bobby has said he is getting out of the hobby.....
Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:

Scott did the same thing to me, Robert. I did not even know him and out of the blue he attacked me on the CU board making unfounded and inaccurate allegations when he knew I could not defend myself because I was not on the board.

For a guy with his background of being the head graded for SGC for Joe Merkel during a time when SGC graded more altered cards than legit cards, he has a lot of nerve acting like a bully. By the way, for those who don't know those are the old label SGC graded cards which SGC will not honor their guaranty.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Sc0tt A1paugh

Greg, I believe that the post that you are referring to many years ago was were someone called you out about an eBay auction - I believe a card that was graded and you slammed PSA over their grade and the listing was a tirade because PSA didn't agree with your assessment of the material.

I recall that I noted that "the seller" played the bump game and that the bitter text in the auctions was probably more sour grapes than fact. I didn't know whether you were on CU or not, nor did I think that it mattered. If my facts are inaccurate, then I apologize. If they are correct, then I will stand by them.

With respect to SGC, I was a Senior Grader (1998-2000) and I was there during the end of the Merkle run. I was not the "Head Grader" as that responsibility fell upon Merkle and to a lesser extent, Grady, but I had no final say at what went out the door in a holder. Suffice it to say that there were cards that were put on the market that I would not have allowed in a holder.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Not sure any of this matters..Bobby has said he is getting out of the hobby.....
Internet bullying is never cool. And for you to belittle it by making a statement such as you did shows what an idiot you are. Does that excuse a rapists of rape because the girl is leaving town?? You are a dolt.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Scott did the same thing to me, Robert. I did not even know him and out of the blue he attacked me on the CU board making unfounded and inaccurate allegations when he knew I could not defend myself because I was not on the board.

For a guy with his background of being the head graded for SGC for Joe Merkel during a time when SGC graded more altered cards than legit cards, he has a lot of nerve acting like a bully. By the way, for those who don't know those are the old label SGC graded cards which SGC will not honor their guaranty.
+1 Greg. For someone in that high of a position to act that way is baffling to me. Unethical and unprofessional. No excuse for that kind of behavior.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:08 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Internet bullying is never cool. And for you to belittle it by making a statement such as you did shows what an idiot you are. Does that excuse a rapists of rape because the girl is leaving town?? You are a dolt.
You said you are getting out of the hobby (or at least taking a break, that has not occured yet, did you not? I am not sure why that is bullying to you or the other person...comparing what i said to rape isnt cool.....

i think you even have a thread about selling your cards because you are getting out of the hobby, or at least taking a break..which hasnt happened yet..(inferring that you are giving good deals as everything has to go')..i just pointed out that who cares about some hobby dispute when you are getting out .. i not on anyone's side... Justcollect could be very guilty of everything negative people are saying, who knows......and yes internet bullying is never cool... being not truthful isnt cool either as a general matter

In addition, if bullying isnt cool it also isnt cool on b/s/t to comment negatively on cards for sale...such as commenting negatively on the corners of a card on b/s/t/..im sure you wouldnt like it if i commented on alleged faults, true or not on any particular card you have for sale...especially one thats $1000+ on b/s/t.. .. just say the word and ill be sure to comment....so to summarize..internet bullying is bad, not being truthful is bad and providing negative comments on b/s/t is bad.......and you compare what i said to rape..... great post...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-12-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Suffice it to say that there were cards that were put on the market that I would not have allowed in a holder.
And how did that happen? Incompetence? Favoritism?

And if you knew bad cards were making their way into the hobby, did you do anything to try to stop it?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-12-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Tags
buying, collection, eddie plank, t206, vintage baseball card