NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Daryl

Default Scrapbook stain removal

I bought a scrapbook yesterday with around 60 E254 Colgan Chips, I was able to free them from the pages but there is this red line. I have seen this before on cards removed from scrapbooks has anybody had any luck getting this off without damaging the cards. I have tried a dry eraser and old typewriter eraser with little success. I tried a razor blade on a couple but its taking off too much paper. I am not trying to restore the card or deceive anyone I plan on adding these to my collection the fronts are close to near mint. Thanks Daryl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0798-2.jpg (73.0 KB, 220 views)
Old 04-30-2017, 10:38 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Why? If the fronts are so nice, just display them. Don't butcher the cards just to make the back look slightly better. Leave them alone!
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I get why you would want to remove this "stuff" on the back but to me, that "Stuff" is cool and lends a feel of authenticity to them. It makes my mind wonder who the boy was who pasted them into the scrapbook decades ago and where, if anywhere, he is now.

I say leave them as they are but they are not mine and of course you can do as you please.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Steve Birmingham

I'd also go with leaving them the way they are.

The only way of removing that would be repeated soaking and blotting, and even then it probably won't come all the way out. It's just way too much work.

Steve B
Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Daryl

Default Scrapbook staining

Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't display my cards I keep them in a safe. I don't think I have a choice but to leave them be. I was hoping to at some point to have them graded is why I was wanting to see if I could remove the red stain and get a better grade. I believe this stain is permanant after carefully working for over a hour trying to remove it with a dry eraser. I was just hoping someone had a miracle solution.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:46 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Well, back when you told people it was for your personal collection, we were dismayed that you would attempt to trim the color off or bleach it. Now that we know you're doing it to get them by the grading services, I hope they blacklist your submissions.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:06 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcobb View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't display my cards I keep them in a safe. I don't think I have a choice but to leave them be. I was hoping to at some point to have them graded is why I was wanting to see if I could remove the red stain and get a better grade. I believe this stain is permanant after carefully working for over a hour trying to remove it with a dry eraser. I was just hoping someone had a miracle solution.
Quoted.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Daryl

Default scrapebook staining

Lol
Old 05-01-2017, 04:54 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote: