NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Steven

Default Net54 Card show?

So Im still relatively new here, but it seems like it would be a lot of fun and worth my bb card time to come together w/ other net54er's regionally once in awhile. Do you guys do this? Im from Lansing, MI and the only shows possible are chicago and cleveland and now im going to try pittsburgh in the spring. But people on here have sooo many cards and 99% of my experiences have been positive that Id be willing to drive aways to meets up w/ other for trade, sell, buy, talk etc. I know there was the dinner at the national but I was talking more regionally. IDK, maybe im just jonesing for another show . Do you guys do this?
Thanks, Steve
Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Scott

I know there is usally a gathering of some at the GBSCC annual fall soiree outside Boston in November. Perhaps Leon or someone could enlighten on any other major shows that this occurrs at.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I know there is usally a gathering of some at the GBSCC annual fall soiree outside Boston in November. Perhaps Leon or someone could enlighten on any other major shows that this occurrs at.
Well, with ya'lls nifty Net54baseball pins in hand (or on shirt) you should be able to spot more friendly collectors at shows. That being said it seems there are quite a few threads about our forum members meeting up at each show. Those threads are always welcomed and hopefully everyone can meet and greet with other members to make it an even warmer environment on the board. I don't know of any specific gatherings for "only" members, without shows, but we have had one or two get-togethers in the Dallas area. I am always game for those. best regards
Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 AM
George Gogol

Steve,
I just sent you a PM from Jackson, MI. Maybe we can have a dinner in Mid-Michigan for board members?
Take care-
George
Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor952 View Post
Steve,
I just sent you a PM from Jackson, MI. Maybe we can have a dinner in Mid-Michigan for board members?
Take care-
George
I think there are quite a few members from around there...it might work for you guys...
Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Better yet. Why doesen't net 54 put on its own show. With only net 54 members as dealers. Somewhere more centrally located.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM

Some people on Net54 have regional get togethers of local members. We had a couple here in Seattle. More of a show and tell.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Andy Garden

Default Michigan/Ohio board member get together?

I know there are more of us here in metro Detroit and around the state. I would be all for a lunch/dinner gathering. Ann Arbor would be a great place to gather as it is decently located. I think it could be a great time. Board members in Northern Ohio would have decently easy access to a gathering in AA too. There really aren't any decent shows worth gathering at around here anymore, but we could find a nice restaurant. Thoughts?

Best,

Andy
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Steven

Default Yeah...

Andy:
Ann Arbor is a pretty good spot. My main idea was bring your cards for sale/trade and others to show like previously mentioned, and meet some folks. AA seems pretty logical as w/in 2 hrs you have Cleveland, Detroit, Jackson, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Toledo...Roll the day on a saturday maybe after the weather starts to turn? Maybe soemone from AA could suggest a spot?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Andy Garden

Default I'm Down......

We'll have to see who is interested and put together a date and time.

Leon, should we start are own thread on this? Not sure how to go about putting together a board member gathering.

Best,

Andy
Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Hi Gents,

I'm in the AA area and think this is a great idea. What spots I would recommend would depend on how many 54'rs would be attend. There are plenty of great restuarants. If we want to bring cards etc for show/sale it makes sense to have a separate room from the peasants who don't understand the greatness of our hobby.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hi Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG09 View Post
We'll have to see who is interested and put together a date and time.

Leon, should we start are own thread on this? Not sure how to go about putting together a board member gathering.

Best,

Andy
Hi Andy
If you want to start a thread concerning it I think it would be great. As for a Net54baseball show I just don't know if there would be enough interest to offset the costs associated. I think the regional get togethers, whether at a show or independently, make the most fiscal sense. No one is out too much and a great time will be had by all. However, I am always open to discussing anything that can help collectors and the hobby. best regards
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Steven

Well Ive had a few responses from this already and really think if the folks from Cleveland, Toledo and N Ohio are interested this could actually have a few folks. My original idea was hoping for 20 but i think it could be better. Like I said before, if you know the other people are from the board and we all love these funny looking pieces of cardboard, there should be a lot to see and chat about and possibly make a annual/semi annual thing?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Matt

Default Brilliant.....

Guys...........This is a fantastic idea!! My wife said she would stay as far away as possible.....and jokingly asked what costume I'm going to wear to the party (I had to remind her it's not Comic-con). On a serious note, this would be awesome and I would definitely attend. Let's do it.

Matt
Old 08-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by geor952 View Post
Steve,
Take care-
George
Being from Southfield, Michigan, I'd probably be up for that. Please let me know if it progresses beyond the discussion stage.
Ann Arbor would be very convenient, but I'd be open to other locations also. I think it would be a lot of fun!

Regards,

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 08-13-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default meeting of the mind..less

Id love a mass get together in the TriState area..... guys loads up their trading boxes..and all meet at a location.....buy/sell/and most preferable..trade

Ral G
Old 08-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Steven

So would you come in from NJ? I bet I could find some 33 goudey "well loved" cards for ya...
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default Im there

Sure,
As long as you spring for the 1st class airline tix ! LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Bill Hedin

Default Our own show sounds nice!

Great idea~!
I have a history of promoting thousands of shows from 1977 till 2008.
I'd LOVE to co=promote/manage a Net 54 show with our members.
My health's been decent recently, and I think this is a wonderful idea.
If anyone is serious about a Net 54 show, let's start talking!
Message or email me for my phone # and other info.
We could have a show of shows with all the experience among our collective credentials!
I await your replies!
Regards,
Bill Hedin
bh3443@aol.com

PS: I am open to most cities! I think NYC, Boston Philly, Baltimore on the East are great! However, there are thousands of great locations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
Better yet. Why doesen't net 54 put on its own show. With only net 54 members as dealers. Somewhere more centrally located.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Steven

Bill, I think Id be more willing to drive further based on how many members/dealers were going to go, but it would still have to be regionally as I couldnt go out west our basically more than 6-10 hrs or so. I just think knowing its a net54 show would eliminate a lot of booths that are overpriced and would be a warm environment encouraging trading as well. W/ the thousands of members it seems like we could get 100 members together? Ann Arbor will be good by the way...
Old 08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Val Kehl

I predict that before too many more years pass there will be a "Net 54 National Show." For only pre-WWII (or pre-1975?) cards & memorabilia. Held in a relatively inexpensive facility, such as a large K of C or VFW hall in a central city where hotel rates are relatively low (in Texas?). No autograph guests. Besides the customary buying and selling activity, I envison trading sessions. Maybe, a live B & L auction one afternoon. Also, show & tell sessions, including the putting together of specified sets for display, with members bringing whatever cards they can to display - for example, members could bring their E107 cards to create as much of a set as possible for display. "It is to dream!!"
Val
Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Steven

Val: Dream on! There are thousands of members, there could be regions within the country and communities w/ in these regions to encourage getting to know one another and trading, etc. I could see the communities coming together, and the region if enough people were interested. The National net54 would be big. We are trying to start a community in Ann Arbor, MI so we shall see...