NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2012, 06:10 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Default Just a Little Concerned About This.....

I was a little concerned when I received this in the mail...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160783078432...84.m1439.l2649

Dear mroserestoration2012,
Yeah, got the reprint you sent in a screw down holder. Seems like I'm going to have to jump through several hoops to get my money back and I'm sure this comment will be ignored by you since you blatantly took my money: I want my 180.00 left and I'll return your 10 cent reprint.
- remembering_ruth

Dear remembering_ruth,
I purchased this card several years ago and it is not a reprint. I have a card shop owner out here on the west coast that has confirmed this card as authentic. I believe him. He has been in the card business for years. I have never taken anyone's money with the intent of defrauding them. Th card you see in the pic is the pic of an identical card that he had been selling. It is exactly like the Goudy card i sold. What is wrong with a screwed down holder. Collectibles can be very expensive. Please consider purchases before you make them. Once they are made they are final. Now who is to say that you would.t take another card , that is not authentic, and report it as the one I sent. I sent the real deal
- mroserestoration2012

Gosh guys, if this is a fake, y'all might want to watch out for this seller.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 PM

This guy should get the boot right off of ebay. It doesn't get any worse than that. Except for maybe not sending anything at all.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Dave

Jeez, that's disgusting. Sorry you have to deal with this joker.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Al

Default Concerned

I guess the card shop owner is right Its a real Dover Reprint! Says so right on the card! Wow hope you get your money back!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 04-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Barry Sloate

Why don't you point out to him that is says Dover reprint right on the card.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:52 PM
$cotty @.utin

Wait, so did you bid on the PSA 4 on the link and that guy sent you a reprint in a screwdown?

Wow, thats brave.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Scott

Man needs to be thrown off ebay. a Stolen /borrowed photo then he sends you a reprint, that says reprint on it,a nd he says its real? UNBELIEVABLE
Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Why don't you point out to him that is says Dover reprint right on the card.
I didn't even notice that until Al mentioned it. The perforated edges jumped out though.

Scotty, yes, I wanted the PSA 4, and I was also wondering if anybody here owns the actual card. I'm assuming this kid stole the image.

There was no return address on the package, just the name Rose. The seller's name on the Paypal transaction: "M Rose"

The latest:

Dear mroserestoration2012,
My Ebay seller ID has 1679 positives and 0 negatives, 5/5 stars for all categories. I've been a PSA member for 13 years, and my '38 Goudey PSA graded set is more than 20% complete.
- remembering_ruth

Dear remembering_ruth,
I think your ebay rating is awesome. I sold you the right card is my point. The issue is not your ebay rating. It is the fact that I sent you exactly what I said i was going to send. I do not know why you are doing this. I have several other Goudy cards that I have sold. I have never had an issue like this before. I think you need to do your homework on the card I sent. You will find it authentic
- mroserestoration2012

The word "awesome" in his reply jumped out like the perforated edges did = young 'un. The up and comer didn't even know how to spell Goudey. He or she said I should do my homework, so I started this thread to meet his or her request.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch-Hitter View Post
You will find it authentic
- mroserestoration2012

didn't even know how to spell Goudey.
Sounds like you might be dealing with the Cincinnati Cousins. Now that their Honus Wagner hasn't been selling they thought they would deal with lower end items.