NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

Default John Staples ?

While me and Zack build sets, I used him a couple times and all was great.

Then, i asked him about some cards we needed, i didnt hear anything from him for a week, then he sends me a response with what he had, but by that time, I had already bought them from somebody else.

So this weekend, I sent him a want list and he send me this...

Friday

3/20, 12:26pm
Show Images

What can you do for me?....

John Staples
I have all or most of them. I will let you know this evening if that's okay....
3/20,

3/22, 12:06am
Show ImagesJohn Staples
Okay, I have 555, 621, 659, 688, 693, 699, 702, 705, 711, 714 and they are all VG-EX or better and the group included the very toughest to get card in the set, #702 which normally sells for well over high beckett in any grade. The high beckett is $109 and I'd take just $40 shipped on the entire group. The only card I don't have is Rose. My paypal is n2corky@aol.com and thanks for thinking of me.....big john....Today

12:07pm
Show ImagesJohn Staples
I never received a response for filling this request from you. Thanks, as I always enjoy filling your wantlists....big john....

12:23pm
Wesley White
I went to a show in Wichita and got most of these.....

2:23pm
John Staples
That's the second time you've done that to me and I got a complaint from someone else that said you did the same thing, asking to pull items and then don't bother to answer back and bought them somewhere else.....
2:49pmExpand
John Staples
because you've done that to me before, and did it to Tom Frost and others, I posted your name on the admins page and everyone will be booting you from their page. I think you just got booted from "Vintage Sports Cards & Memorabilia Pre 1980", with more to come.....

Telling me he has booted me from facebook pages cause i screwed him and didnt buy the cards.

Am I in the wrong here? If so tell me.
I ask about cards, he doesnt get back to me for days and days, then i buy from somebody else, then i am the ass??

Last edited by K-Nole; 03-23-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:05 PM

You said you went to a show and 'got most of these'... is there a reason you didn't still want to purchase the few you didn't get at the show? As for his response, it seemed a bit harsh. No longer doing business with you is one thing, but i think getting you booted from groups is over the top.

Last edited by j_cook; 03-23-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

Yea, because I did get "most" at the show, in fact, all but one, (Darrell Evans Rookie) and I did get that one sunday as well, thru another board member.
he had been rude to me earlier, and so when the board member said he had it, I took the board members deal.

The earlier rude came when I was buying 67 philadelphia from him and he said he had a EX Meridith and also a really bad Meridith that if I bought the EX, he would throw the bad one in for free.
he sent both, then sent me a PM asking me to send the bad one back?????
So I spent $2.50 sending back a 50 cent card that he said I could have!!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Steve Birmingham

I wouldn't exactly call a day and a half "days and days" of waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nole View Post
Friday

Show Images

What can you do for me?....

John Staples
I have all or most of them. I will let you know this evening if that's okay....
3/20,

3/22, 12:06am
Show ImagesJohn Staples
Okay, I have 555, 621, 659, 688, 693, 699, 702, 705, 711, 714 and they are all VG-EX or better and the group included the very toughest to get card in the set, #702 which normally sells for well over high beckett in any grade. The high beckett is $109 and I'd take just $40 shipped on the entire group. The only card I don't have is Rose. My paypal is n2corky@aol.com and thanks for thinking of me.....big john....Today

12:07pm
Show ImagesJohn Staples
I never received a response for filling this request from you. Thanks, as I always enjoy filling your wantlists....big john....

So you email Friday around noon. Probably while he's packing for a show. And he replies just after midnight Saturday (Technically Sunday since it's just after midnight) probably just after he's gotten back from the show, finished unloading had a bite to eat and a bit of relaxing. That he replied then is to me pretty good service. And he follows up about 12 hours later.

I'd say the impatience is a bit over the top, and his response is more than a bit over the top. I'd probably just move you quietly to the permanent "sorry I don't have those" list.

Sadly this is an attitude becoming more common as the younger people who are used to instant service from places like Amazon get into hobbies.
For someone who recalls when it was maybe 4-5 shows a year and a lot of looking through commons boxes to find what you needed, so putting together a set might take a couple years maybe more if you were picky. Expecting someone to drop everything and put together a smallish order on what's probably a show day -or a busy day if he has a shop - just seems unreasonable. (Heck, with shows every weekend and a dealer on every corner it took 2 years to find a 1988 Topps Canseco to finish the set! Booked a dollar, but nobody had one where it could be easily found. )

When I was doing Ebay I'd often wait several hours to answer dumb questions so I could answer them politely.

"shipping is 1.50 in the US, International at cost"
Q How much to ship to New Hampshire?

Paid Monday morning. Buyer on the opposite coast.
Q Monday 1pm "why don't I have my cards yet"

Those both waited around 12 hours for an answer.

Steve B
Old 03-24-2015, 08:35 AM

-

Last edited by mettoy66; 03-24-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post

Sadly this is an attitude becoming more common as the younger people who are used to instant service from places like Amazon get into hobbies.

Paid Monday morning. Buyer on the opposite coast.
Q Monday 1pm "why don't I have my cards yet"
Wow. That buyer was just a wee bit demanding.

Did he think the cards were being delivered by one of those Amazon drone things?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I wouldn't exactly call a day and a half "days and days" of waiting.

So you email Friday around noon. Probably while he's packing for a show. And he replies just after midnight Saturday (Technically Sunday since it's just after midnight) probably just after he's gotten back from the show, finished unloading had a bite to eat and a bit of relaxing. That he replied then is to me pretty good service. And he follows up about 12 hours later.

I'd say the impatience is a bit over the top, and his response is more than a bit over the top. I'd probably just move you quietly to the permanent "sorry I don't have those" list.

Steve B
I agree with most of what you've written, with a few exceptions. It appears the seller responded on Friday saying that he'd let the OP know that evening what he had (I'm not 100% sure about this due to poor editing of the emails by the OP). He did not get back to the OP. The OP then went to a card show and picked up the cards he needed. I see no foul in that. The seller does respond with the list he has shortly after midnight on Sunday. After 12 hours (during most of which the OP is probably sleeping), the seller "impatiently" says he hasn't gotten a response. At this point, I totally agree with you, "his (the seller's) response is more than a bit over the top. I'd probably just move you quietly to the permanent "sorry I don't have those" list." I don't blame the OP at all. He had a choice at the show. He could either get the cards he needed right then and there or he could wait to hear back from the seller, who said he would respond the previous evening but did not, and hope he has the cards. I think I'd probably take the sure thing also.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:24 AM

Default Responding to clear my name & show Wesley White is a liar

This is a hobby where TRUTH is king and TRUST is most important. In this hobby, without truth we have no standard for collectors to work with one another. I will be posting my comments that pertain to Wesley White's lies. I also have pictures of the private message we had and if I can figure out how to post them, I'd be happy to. The following is where I offered items for sale and if you look, I clearly showed that I have two different Don Meredith cards FOR SALE, one for $8 and the other for $3.

John Staples (7/27/14 @ 5:44 AM)
Okay, I have 74 out of the 82 numbers on your list. I do NOT have #'s 23, 28, 29, 35, 79, 80, 123, 133. I have a group of 34 @ 40 cents each ($13.60). I have a group of 19 @ 60 cents each ($11.40). I have a star group that includes Jurgensen, Mudd RC, Brodie, Brown, Jones, Wood, Gregg, Packers Team, Renfro, Berry and I'd take $20 for this group. All the rest of the stars list for $20 to $50 each and I will give individual prices on these. Bob Lilly $4, Bob Hayes $5, Tommy Nobis RC $6, LeeRoy Jordan RC $6, Jackie Smith RC $6, Unmarked Checklist #1 $6, Dave Wilcox RC $6, nice looking Don Meredith for $8 or I have an awful one for only $3 (he lists for $25), Dan Reeves RC $8 (lists $30), super nice Leroy Kelly RC (lists $40) sell it for $15, Bart Star (lists for $50) sell it for $15. Just let me know what all you are taking and add $3 shipping to your order. If you take everything, I'd knock it down to just $125 with shipping, and I'd give you the better of the two Don Meredith cards. My paypal is n2corky@aol.com.....thanks....big john
Old 07-25-2015, 02:28 AM

Here below is my next message to him and I clearly explained to him that I ACCIDENTLY sent both Don Meredith cards when I mailed his order. So I clearly informed him that they were both in the package coming to his mailbox.

John Staples (8/15/14 @ 5:46 PM)
9400110200830368441091 and I accidently sent you both of the Don Meredith's, as I was rushing to get the order out after I finally figured out all my glitches trying to lad my new postal printer to my new computer.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:32 AM

Here is my next message where I bring up where he failed to mail back that Don Meredith card that I clearly told him I accidentally mailed to him. I continuously mention it to him and he totally ignores my request of asking him to mail it back. Never ever on any messages does he say he was mailing back or indeed mailed it back.

John Staples (11/5/15 @ 2:28 PM)
as you can see, guys are not willing to help our with wantlists, so I am not sure why you didn't contact me directly, unless it's because you failed to mail me back that duplicate Don Meredith card I sent you, and you said you would mail back?