NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Todd
Todd Ev@ns

Default Mastro still in business?

I was looking at the dealer list for this years National Convention in Baltimore and noticed that Bill Mastro with Mastro Auctions, Inc. is scheduled to have a booth in section 117P. I first thought that it could be Legendary Auctions but I noticed that they were listed separately and in a different space.

Does anyone know if he ever got out of the business or is getting back in?

http://www.nsccshow.com/images/2010I...%20Numbers.pdf
Old 05-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Bill is too busy helping the children to be involved in the baseball card business anymore. God bless that man.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Matt Wieder

I think as part of the agreement, Bill must have a table at every National in case the FBI needs to deliver any subpoenas.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Jeff

Matt,

Old 05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Peter Spaeth

He is listed as Palos Park, IL. The old Mastro was Burr Ridge, right? So is this actually a reconstituted business?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
qu@n nguy3n

can't a guy just try to make an honest living without people getting on his case?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
can't a guy just try to make an honest living without people getting on his case?
I don't think anyone would ever have a problem with Bill Mastro if he actually tried to make an honest living.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I don't think anyone would ever have a problem with Bill Mastro if he actually tried to make an honest living.
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff...
Old 05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
MJ

you guys are all down on Bill, what about the other old Mastro team members, Doug Allen and Mark Theotikos. They continue their scheme with Legendary Auction.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:21 PM

I like Bill. He's always been nice to me. Maybe I'll invite him to dinner with me in Baltimore. Maybe, he'll pay.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Alan aren't you hanging with Barkman?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichieh View Post
you guys are all down on Bill, what about the other old Mastro team members, Doug Allen and Mark Theotikos. They continue their scheme with Legendary Auction.
I hear that Doug is applying the skills he acquired at Mastro in real estate these days.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

It's the New Coke of auctioneers!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I hope Bill and his family are well and I would love to see him at the National.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Ron Rice

Default Mastro

Perhaps he's with us right now, under an anonymous name.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridwell View Post
Perhaps he's with us right now, under an anonymous name.
I know Bill pretty well. I like him and have never had a problem with him. I think he reads the board but will not sign up under an anonymous name ....and risk me calling to say hi, as I frequently do to registrants. Even this morning I have denied a membership due to the person not wanting to give the information.

And this comment coming from the person that thinks he wins lots in auctions that get attacked with viruses and have to be shut down. I guess it takes all kinds....
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Tony Quinn

Bill lives in Palos, the building they worked out of was in Burr Ridge. He is a personal friend of my father's and has always been very cordial to me. Sorry to hear so many bad things being said about him (true or untrue).
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Default Bill Mastro

I have known Bill since the mid 80's when my wife and I purchased $1000 worth of T206'S (my wife really liked the "art") at the 1985 Anaheim Disneyland National......I also remember the legendary dealings taking place in Bills (and Robs) motel room at the now defunct Willow Grove George Washington Lodge back in the 80's before the move to Fort Washington in 1989)...he has always been friendly, cordial to me, and always says hello at the national even if we have not spoken for a long time...he spent a long time talking to my wife (her first national attended since 1990) and I at the 2006 Anaheim National...also, I have never had a problem with the Mastro/Legendary auctions....I hope his (their) problems get reconciled....it is my opinion that if he is guilty of anything (correct me if I am wrong, but nothing has been prove-in in a court of law that I know of), then there are many others in the industry that should be in the "guilty line" right behind him...take care Bill....hope to see you again....Bruce Perry from "sunny" CA (still winter here, there was no spring)
Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Dan Studebaker

Mastro is no longer listed as a participant according to the list at that link the 117P booth is listed as Gordon Sports.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Mike S.

Default Who gives a crap....move on

I know I'm nowhere close to half the board's knowledge of the industry/ history, but is it now common place to start responding to a post with sophomoric humor within Net54? I don't think a month has gone by without someone asking a simple question that turned into a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....otherwise ask yourself what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
I know I'm nowhere close to half the board's knowledge of the industry/ history, but is it now common place to start responding to a post with sophomoric humor within Net54? I don't think a month has gone by without someone asking a simple question that turned into a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....otherwise ask yourself what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.
Wow,

have been in the hobby 35 years and have been on these boards for at least 5 but rarely post unless i feel I can contribute...but your post is a bit in your face is it not????
Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Jim D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.
Feel free to block this "little bitch" at any time... witty banter is about all i can teach anyone on this board!

Some advice my friend, life is too short to not have humor in it! Remember you never get out of life alive so just enjoy it and don't dwell on such silliness. (and yes i'm making faces at you)

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!