NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 PM

Default New card shop opening Sept 2nd in Raleigh, NC!!

So we have a card shop grand opening first weekend of September (2nd-4th) in Raleigh, NC! We hope to see any of the local collectors that weekend as we will have free food/drinks & prizes!....

Please stop by or contact me/us for more information on what our store can do for you!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Michael

Congrats. I am headed to NC in next few months I'll stop by if I have the time.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This board has always supported shows and card shops. In that vein this was copied over to the front page. Good luck guys !!

Last edited by Leon; 08-10-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Jason Wells

Talk about timing. I have to be in Durham on the 3rd so I will stop by and check it out.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Henry Shrimps
Banned

Wish you good luck. It is a tough battle against internet sales. We will support you!!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:30 AM
K!ya S@bet

I live in Chapel Hill so I will be frequenting. Please have vintage...I will spread the word.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:58 AM

I know the owners of the shop personally...they are stand up guys and I have no doubt the shop will do well. Makes me wish I was still living in NC! (except for the cold, and the snow)
Old 08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Dan Bl@u

James - congrats on the shop, I've been looking forward to the opening since the announcement was posted on our local FB group. Can you tell us a little more about the co-op nature of the store - sounds like a neat idea but would like to know more about what you're envisioning. And like Kiya said - please have vintage and prewar! There are no good vintage/prewar options within 100 miles of Raleigh.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid1 View Post
Congrats. I am headed to NC in next few months I'll stop by if I have the time.
Please do! And please introduce yourself as a member here so we can put a face to the name! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
This board has always supported shows and card shops. In that vein this was copied over to the front page. Good luck guys !!
Thanks for copying this to the front, I didn't really know the best place to post it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Talk about timing. I have to be in Durham on the 3rd so I will stop by and check it out.
We will be looking forward to meeting you! Free food, drinks, and prizes that weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshrimps View Post
Wish you good luck. It is a tough battle against internet sales. We will support you!!
Thank you for your support! We will have an internet presence, so we hope this helps drive sales!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
I live in Chapel Hill so I will be frequenting. Please have vintage...I will spread the word.
We are working on getting more vintage as we speak! Thanks for spreading the word! Any recommendations that you would like to see the store carrying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
I know the owners of the shop personally...they are stand up guys and I have no doubt the shop will do well. Makes me wish I was still living in NC! (except for the cold, and the snow)
Unfortunately we do know this guy.......thanks for the support David!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
James - congrats on the shop, I've been looking forward to the opening since the announcement was posted on our local FB group. Can you tell us a little more about the co-op nature of the store - sounds like a neat idea but would like to know more about what you're envisioning. And like Kiya said - please have vintage and prewar! There are no good vintage/prewar options within 100 miles of Raleigh.
As far as the co-op part of the store, several of the showcases will be available for consignment at a monthly price (1st month free with 3-month sign up). Also, many items throughout the store to include memorabilia may be consigned.

We will also have a website dedicated to singles that can be consigned on a month-to-month basis. We will scan, list, and post your cards to the site. You will be able to set your prices on the items you submit and people can make offers on those cards. We will promote the website vigorously through social media to help build an audience from all over.

And finally, we will offer to list through eBay on our store eBay page as well...we will have supplies, boxes, singles, and more available in the store! Please come by and check us out! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me!

Last edited by Jlcherry2477; 08-10-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Good luck ! My brother lives in Durham next time I pay him a visit I'll also pay the shop one !
Old 08-10-2016, 09:13 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Now that's the kind of "front page" news we like to hear. Thanks for moving, Leon.

I'll be taking the short jaunt over from Durham, James.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:24 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Have you ever been to the card shop in Fayetteville?
Old 08-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Have you ever been to the card shop in Fayetteville?
No, but my understanding was that they only do MTG/gaming. Is that not correct?
Old 08-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
No, but my understanding was that they only do MTG/gaming. Is that not correct?
That is not correct. It is in that little strip mall off of Santa Fe where the Winn Dixie used to be. They have cards, coins, comics, supplies. I haven't been in there in awhile, because they last time I was in there, the owner showed me his 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. We got to talking and the time escaped me. Next thing I know, I had been an hour in there in what was supposed to be a quick glance around. My girlfriend waited in the car the whole time and was furious when I finally came out.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Robert Williams

It was called the Cumberland Coin Exchange, and it's been awhile since I been in there. I just did a little research and it looks like it recently closed??

This might explain why...

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/loca...552a6475f.html

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 08-11-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Dan Bl@u

Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about "Cardz-n-Things," which is a gaming store. Never heard of the Coin Exchange, but it does look like it's closed.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Ben North

Quote:
That is not correct. It is in that little strip mall off of Santa Fe where the Winn Dixie used to be. They have cards, coins, comics, supplies. I haven't been in there in awhile, because they last time I was in there, the owner showed me his 1959 Fleer Ted Williams set. We got to talking and the time escaped me. Next thing I know, I had been an hour in there in what was supposed to be a quick glance around. My girlfriend waited in the car the whole time and was furious when I finally came out.
Robert you are lucky to be alive, I would have been afraid to fall asleep for at least a few days after that.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about "Cardz-n-Things," which is a gaming store. Never heard of the Coin Exchange, but it does look like it's closed.
yes, Gene was the owner of the coin exchange...the only actual LCS left around Fayetteville and it was closed several months ago as Gene is having some health issues. It's unfortunate how scarce LCS's are these days, but we have a way to hopefully keep the stores doors open and get the hobby thriving again!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Robert you are lucky to be alive, I would have been afraid to fall asleep for at least a few days after that.
LOL...she is understanding (sort of)......a good girl!
Old 08-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Im @ 1 hr away,more than likely will check it out. What kind of selection for baseball cards, prewar, postwar and or new.Also there's a card shop in Greenville NC called "The Batters Box" Good Luck
Old 08-12-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpete View Post
Im @ 1 hr away,more than likely will check it out. What kind of selection for baseball cards, prewar, postwar and or new.Also there's a card shop in Greenville NC called "The Batters Box" Good Luck
At this time we are vigoursly seeking more vintage cards to add to the inventory. We have several singles available. Unfortunately we will not have prewar cards at opening, but will be interested in pursuing those as well. We will carry modern cards in case/box/packs and offer presales on new releases.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future!
Old 08-13-2016, 06:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlcherry2477 View Post
At this time we are vigoursly seeking more vintage cards to add to the inventory. We have several singles available. Unfortunately we will not have prewar cards at opening, but will be interested in pursuing those as well. We will carry modern cards in case/box/packs and offer presales on new releases.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future!
No Prewar? Blasphemy!! Good luck and I am sure you guys will work everything out over time. I like your idea of doing so many different things to monetize the store to try to be profitable. Brick and mortar ain't cheap. And I hope you didn't get stuck with the standard triple net lease (you pay for everything, taxes, rent and maintenance and the landlord keeps all of the money).
Old 08-13-2016, 07:09 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgpete View Post
Is that the same Batters Box that is on EBay?
Old 08-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Quote:
Is that the same Batters Box that is on EBay?
I dont know
Old 08-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Mike Oberl@nder

The Battersbox on eBay is in Texas (Spring, TX if recollection serves): http://www.the-battersbox.net/
Old 08-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Rich Klein

Good Luck!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Good Luck!
Thanks! Opening in 1 more day!! We're looking forward to seeing some of you members out here this weekend!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Sneak Peek! Opening 10am!! Free food, drinks, and giveaways all weekend!!

Old 09-02-2016, 01:32 AM

Artwork for your logo looks good.

Good luck guys...
Old 09-02-2016, 06:44 AM
K!ya S@bet

Looks Really sharp!...Keep it clean and inviting.

A lot of card shops are so cluttered and dirty over time it makes my excitement wane.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Artwork for your logo looks good.

Good luck guys...
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Looks Really sharp!...Keep it clean and inviting.

A lot of card shops are so cluttered and dirty over time it makes my excitement wane.
We're definitely going to try our best! Had several people through this morning! Check out our FB for some box break videos!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Todd C

wish the store much success.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:36 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

I stopped by earlier today. Nice store and great location, with plenty of parking (which is unusual on Hillsborough). And in the same 'mini mall' with a Ben and Jerry's? Hard to go wrong with cards and ice cream.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I stopped by earlier today. Nice store and great location, with plenty of parking (which is unusual on Hillsborough). And in the same 'mini mall' with a Ben and Jerry's? Hard to go wrong with cards and ice cream.
Taylor, thanks for stopping through and the kind words! We're working on getting more vintage very soon, hope to see you quite often!