NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Default Ebay buyer to block

Item shows delivered via both e-bay and paypal to his zip via usps tracking... still claims he didn't receive...
ironkerrtain2583
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Item shows delivered via both e-bay and paypal to his zip via usps tracking... still claims he didn't receive...
ironkerrtain2583
This has happened to me at least three times (maybe more) as a buyer, and at least one time, I never received the item. Just because it's tracked, or in some cases even says "signed for", it doesn't always mean it's been received by the proper person.

Maybe he's trying to pull one over on you, but probably pretty stiff to condemn the guy before hearing a little more of the story. Just my take on it.

Last edited by itjclarke; 08-23-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 08-23-2013, 06:32 PM

yea, just because Post Office said it was delivered, it doesn't mean it was delivered to the correct person. Had this happen to me more than once as a buyer and had a regular customer who buys from me every week who once had it happen to them.

I would say give the person the benefit of the doubt and call the buyer's Post Office and tell them what has happened. the sooner the better.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Jeff

I concur, has happened to me as well.
Fortunately it showed up a few days after it showed being delivered.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 08-23-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Many ways something can be mis-delivered and still marked as "delivered" in usps tracking. Thrown in the wrong P.O. Box, thrown on the wrong porch, senile grandpa thought it was his mail and didn't mention it, one jealous kid claimed it as his and hid it from the other, dog chewed it up so wife threw it in the trash. I'm not making any of this up. These are all actual instances that started out as buyer complaints that they never received a package that showed as "delivered" in tracking.

The good news is that situations like this are about the only ones where eBay will actually side with the seller in a claim.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:14 PM

Guess I Jumped the gun... Will call post office on monday....
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Ken McMillan

I had a package I mailed out on the 15th of this month with tracking. It showed processed through San Bernadino on the 16th and disappeared from the map for a week. Contacted USPS 2 days ago and heard nothing. Package showed up and delivered in Beaumont Texas today. Fortunately for me, the buyer was understanding and when I left positive feedback, I got positive feedback. The USPS does sometimes make mistakes but in the end it worked out. I still wonder where a package was for the week when it was AWOL.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Al

Default you have to wait

I once had a package that the seller sent me the tracking number on. Im in Ct he was in Mass. the package left Mass went lost for 4 days then tracking picked it up in Ca.! 3 days later it was in Tx. went to Ga then N.J then to me!!
Took 17 days to finally reach me from about 3 hours from my house! Now that was the long way around.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

I had a card delivered with grease and tire tracks all over the packaging. It came 91 days after the sale on Ebay...I left seller a neg on the 90th day as he wasn't very helpful and I didn't believe him. This was about 10 years ago...I still almost feel bad about leaving the neg.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 AM

As a note it didn't disappear on tracking... It specifically says

Delivered
Aug-21-13, 12:55 PM, CHICAGO, IL 60640

Arrival at Post Office
Aug-21-13, 07:49 AM, CHICAGO, IL 60640
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Sean and anyone else that sells, don't forget that a customer issue should be looked at as an opportunity to wow your customer. I think too many people forget this. Ebay will technically side with you on this but I have always felt it best to take care of the customer before myself.

It's a way of increasing your chance of repeat business from someone instead of killing it. Too many people these days think about each transaction as a one time affair and don't think about impressing the customer and getting repeat business over several years. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
Sean and anyone else that sells, don't forget that a customer issue should be looked at as an opportunity to wow your customer. I think too many people forget this. Ebay will technically side with you on this but I have always felt it best to take care of the customer before myself.

It's a way of increasing your chance of repeat business from someone instead of killing it. Too many people these days think about each transaction as a one time affair and don't think about impressing the customer and getting repeat business over several years. Just my 2 cents.
I understand and I would say 50-60% of the business on this account is repeat customers, but this is the second guy within a couple weeks who has tried the "it hasn't arrived even though it shows its arrived" line, so I am a bit leery.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Arnie

I live where the mailboxes are all together in clusters, and its easy for the postman to put something in the wrong box and mark it delivered. This has happened to me. Unless you get a signature, delivery confirmation or tracking just are not 100% proof.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Update... He closed the case when I told him that it was delivered to him and reiterated tracking info through e-bay... I reaffirm my first post, buyer to block.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Update... He closed the case when I told him that it was delivered to him and reiterated tracking info through e-bay... I reaffirm my first post, buyer to block.
delete

Last edited by vintagechris; 08-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Paul

Default Another USPS Issue Here

On a regular basis, my mail is delivered to the wrong address. Also, I deliver so much mail to my neighbors that I get in error, I should be a USPS employee.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
... Did you contact him and ask him why he closed the case?

Maybe you should get a few more details before you throw the guy under the bus for the 2nd time.
Maybe I just try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I just find it hard to believe people try to scam too often when they know something had delivery confirmation on it.
With comments like these you need to have your name out here. Nothing personal. Edit your comments or please put your name in your post. thanks
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
With comments like these you need to have your name out here. Nothing personal. Edit your comments or please put your name in your post. thanks
Sorry. Didn't realize my comments were that bad.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Sorry. Didn't realize my comments were that bad.
I didn't say they were that bad. They weren't. I just know how it is to have someone question me anonymously. It sucks. I at least want to know who is throwing somewhat pointed questions or politely arguing with me (when I am in that position). And that is the way I want this board to be. If anyone wants to argue with others, even in a minor way, they need their name out here. Again, nothing personal. And on the converse, I will do the same for you. Trust me, if you get into a polite argument you will probably at least like to know who it is you are arguing with..and if you don't, others, including me, do.

Last edited by Leon; 08-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I didn't say they were that bad. They weren't. I just know how it is to have someone question me anonymously. It sucks. I at least want to know who is throwing somewhat pointed questions or politely arguing with me (when I am in that position). And that is the way I want this board to be. If anyone wants to argue with others, even in a minor way, they need their name out here. Again, nothing personal. And on the converse, I will do the same for you. Trust me, if you get into a polite argument you will probably at least like to know who it is you are arguing with..and if you don't, others, including me, do.
Fair enough. Nothing taken personal on my end. So as not to offend anyone, I just removed the comments. It wasn't my intention to argue, was just trying to show the other side.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Last edited by howard38; 09-10-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Fair enough. Nothing taken personal on my end. So as not to offend anyone, I just removed the comments. It wasn't my intention to argue, was just trying to show the other side.
An argument can be nothing more than a debate. I think that was what Leon is referring to. You offended nobody. Just put your name by your posts or just so like I do and put it in the signature line and I do not have to worry about it ever. Sorry Leon if I am speaking in your place.
Always accepting quality consignments